It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
That was exciting. Specially the ending, real dramatic. Alien? I don't know. Just another blurry, bright light in the sky.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu
That was exciting. Specially the ending, real dramatic. Alien? I don't know. Just another blurry, bright light in the sky.

Yep, it would be great if someone has some more info on this one as the more you watch and listen to it ,the more real it seems.If its a fake then they all deserve oscars ,lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
never seen the moon like that, took my own camera outside and that clip is completely different from what came up in my camera. and there are no context shots...people, trees, hills, other lights. this does not pass the smell test.

grab a video camera, go out side and zoom into the moon and see how hard it is to keep still in the middle of the viewfinder. this guy seems to have had a cool head and stayed zoomed back in order to keep it as clear as possible

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i have 2 issues -

1 is that really the moon , if so can people provide independant confirmation that the moon did indeed appear orange , when viewed from southern florida on the date in question

2 narration - listen to the penultimate thing he says

its gone away again , one last time

" one last time ? " ??????????????????????????

as the narration is suppsedly real time - how did he know it was not going to re appear ?????????????????

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another ambiguous YouTube video. Now that's something new!

If this was a genuine encounter, it would get more coverage than being secreted on a pop culture website not exactly renowned for integrity in it's content. Remember, everyones a star on YouTube!

High probability suggests that this is just one more of the millions of pranks that populate that site.

IRM

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The date is impossible. It could not have been filmed in lake wales florida on 8/19/08. Yesterday tropical storm Fay had the entire state clouded over. I live near sarasota and I can vouch for there not being a moon visible on 8/19, either in the evening or early morning. Secondly, it's just a slow moving light. It could be literally anything, but it doesn't do anything particularly unusual. We can't even know what color it really was. The color of the moon is obviously off in this video, probably because of white balance issues in the camera, so we can't trust the color of the light either. Since it looks to be the same tone as the moon it's probably a neutral colored light.

My guess is a distant chopper with a spotlight that "goes out" when the light is rotated, but it could also be a distant plane, a balloon with a lamp, any number of things. The speed of the light is unremarkable and there are no other indications that it has "unearthly" characteristics. That it appears near the moon is meaningless without any evidence that it is actually near the moon in space - the easiest way to confirm that would be multiple observations of the object from separate locations, but we have no indications yet that anyone anywhere else in the world saw the same thing at the same time and place from somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
reply to post by tarifa37

The date is impossible. It could not have been filmed in lake wales florida on 8/19/08.

The date refers to the date it was posted on YT(Sorry,I should have made that clear.) I don't know when it actually took place but I have asked the yt account holder for more info.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just want to ask if it could be the ISS or one of those iridium satellite thingies reflecting the moon?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm not an expert in Acdsee.....i just use the program for personal stuff!
The ScreenShot NR.1 is from the YouTube Video..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceSilence

thanks for the screen cap

it does look very ovoid doesnt it

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

awesome...so whatever that thing was, was reflecting the moon

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject clank190

awesome...so whatever that thing was, was reflecting the moon

Superb ,thanks for your time.It will be interesting to see if the yt account holder
"clank190" gets back to me with any more info.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hmm... I was able to view the video in better quality, it seems that it really may be the moon.
I saw something similar when I was a kid, except there was a ufo on either side of the moon, but the moon was'nt orange, the moon may be setting in the clip though, that may be why it's orange.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree that the similar orange hue is from dust/smoke in the atmosphere, and spectroscopic would then verify that it is outside of the atmosphere.

We just had a VERY dark orange moon on the 18th, in the midwest. This video was POSTED on the 19th, doesn't he mention the date of the recording in the video? I'll check again.

I can see that it's the moon, by it's dark areas. I've filmed the moon before, at it appears exactly like that, at about 3x zoom. And in one of the ACDSee zooms and enhancements you can see the 3 distinct dark areas of the Moon.

Furthermore, in one of the enhancements, you can see that, not only, is it the same general orange hue, but is also a brighter light than the moon, and the Moon is the brightest object in the night sky; brighter than any satellites, planes, ISS, etc.

I've seen the ISS and satellites, this is neither.

No FAA lights. (UFO)

Without witnessing it with BOTH eyes to get a 3D perspective, it's hard to judge it's distance and size.

It cannot be a super-nova, or other celestial event because those don't move, unless they're asteroids or comets. But, I'm pretty sure (by the changing directions) that that was NOT an asteroid. Comets move more slowly and have tails.

The only other likely possibility would be a moon-mission, but the object was moving much faster than anything I know about, and it would have to be reflecting a LOT of light the whole time, which means one face of it would have to be at JUST the right angle to reflect the Sunlight. ALSO, it would not be changing direction, probably.

Since, these overwhelming observations, along with the complete "honest" reaction of the large crowd, increases the likelihood, significantly, that we're looking at a true spacecraft unknown to the public in general. A UFO in my personal classification. I am SO watching the sky (moon) tonight.

(I have 10+x digital zoom on my Cannon diggy)

[edit on 20-8-2008 by dnbaudio]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I saw the moon like that just this past saturday night. It was low in the sky and it was bright orange. My kids were camping out in the backyard and we were toasting marshmellows. We did not however see that object going around the moon and believe me if someone would have noticed it would have been me.

I think it was probably something in the atmosphere and not in space because if it had been near the moon it would have to have been enormous.

Also the speed was extremely slow... however that might lean to it being closer to the moon as the distance it would be covering to appear to circle the moon if it was close would be much greater than what it would be if the object was just aligned with it and closer to earth.

My guess would be a satellite orbiting the moon, but I don't think it would have appeared that large so I am drawing a blank.

It is interesting.

I had to turn my volume down to watch it though as I just wanted to every last one of them to shut up! lmao

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It obviously couldn't be too close to the moon (certainly not orbiting) or you'd have more than a hayride full of witnesses. Upper atmosphere maybe.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Notice how much lower than the moon the light gets in the video? The moon could not be that yellow while being that high up unless there were some kind of heavy particulate in the area like smoke. In either case it couldn't be low on the horizon, therefore we can not assume that the light is "outside the atmosphere" just based on the color. As I mentioned before, it's probably that color due to poor white balance in the camera.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I am trying to show off the dark areas of the moon.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by jimmyx

Also the speed was extremely slow... however that might lean to it being closer to the moon as the distance it would be covering to appear to circle the moon if it was close would be much greater than what it would be if the object was just aligned with it and closer to earth.

Actually, if it were orbiting the moon the motion would not be that obvious over a 4 minute time frame. It takes a spacecraft hours to orbit the moon, not minutes, especially at that "apparent altitude" from the moon. If it were really at the distance of the moon and moving that fast you're talking about a velocity that would be a significant fraction of c, so you should see all kinds of crazy relativistic effects in the object, such as severe color shifting as it changes directions.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First we need the exact time, day hour this was taken?..why..because right now all august Jupiter passes very close to our moon each and every night, its the most bright object (after the moon) in the nightsky and right now its passing very close (i said all august) to the moon!..so we need the exact time, day hour and location so i can plot it on my astronomy software (stellarium, you can downloaded free at www.stellarium.org) so we can discard its not Jupiter indeed!

I am an amateur astronomer.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by AlexDJ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join