It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I know that the moon can be seen differently from different places, I would be an idiot not to take that into consideration. I have not said I am right and everyone else is wrong considering my observations, I just think what I noticed was odd.

I never suggested you were right...or wrong.

I plan on having my friend look at the video and provide his opinion. My friend is a professional, I am giving him none of my preconceived ideas on the video. I want his honest and professional opinion on the video no matter what conclusion he comes to.

If you feel the need to, go right ahead.

I know it may seem to some that I have closed my mind about this, but I have not. Thuth be told I wasn't even origionally considering it wasn't the moon, I was origianally trying to enhance the photo to see if it was possible to detect a shape with the object "near" to the moon. and just noticed something that looked strange to me, so I decided to post that finding and hoped to get it either considered or denied based on other evidence that was provided, not just people saying I was mistaken without taking time to prove or disprove what I took notice of scientifically.

To me, it seems that you immediately ruled out UFO, or rather, alien life. This, is closing your mind to the subject. Of course, you are open about the possibility that it may be the moon in fact. But, I am speaking from my perspective on how I think you have viewed the situation.

I do find that others are verry closed minded who don't even attempt to look at what I presented and dispute it without presenting pictures as evidence against my suggestions being wrong. If you prove me wrong I will not cry foul, but just telling me that my suggestion is laughable without backing it up with proof to the contrary is not a good practice in debating.

You said "others", then you said "you". Does the word "you" refer to me, or those same others? Because, I have not laughed or rediculed your stance on this. In my post, I said I believed it to be the moon. I cannot prove that it was, nor do I intend to do so. I do not have the time or the care. Because, to me, if it is another hoax and someone proves it to be, it won't phase me. I believe in alien life and UFOs regardless and I'm also quite fed up of the hoaxes as well. This being proved another hoax would be typical at best...they're all over the place. My statement about your test however, is to point out to you, that your method of testing, or observation rather, to see if this is the moon, is very faulty. I'm saying, do not use that test as a means for hope of thinking it isn't the moon. I have pointed out previously why your test/observation is faulty. It is faulty because, it is a different picture of the moon than the picture you have. The pictures were taken with different mediums(cameras) and more than likely, both possibly having different technology(some do not realize all cameras are not built the same and all cameras do not deal with light in the same manner). But, more importantly, different camera settings. Also, the pictures were both taken in different environments. It is clear that the Earth's environment greatly affects the results of the end product of a picture, especially if the lighting is crucial...and in this case, it is.

And This Is Just The Basics

I also pointed out that you can prove your own flaw in the observation by using the same analysis on different pictures of the moon from free stock image sites.

I just want to know the truth about this no matter what it turns out to be. Afterall aren't we all here on ATS to find the truth.

So do I. And yes, this is what we are here for.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You said "others", then you said "you". Does the word "you" refer to me

The you was not referring to you directly, it was referring to the "others".

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I really would like to have a look at that propulsion system. My guess is it is gravito-electric/magnetic because of the trajectory. The object has some sort of shell, a fuselage, because it is reflecting light until in Earth's shadow. The exact date and time would tell me how far it had to travel to enter the Earth's shadow, which in turn would give me a more accurate speed. I am guessing around a million mph.

Also the magnitude of light reflection at a given location will tell me the size. It would have a span of several miles, maybe up to or even more than a dozen.

So we are talking about a gravitonic ship up to ten or more miles in breadth moving around a million mph. Quite impressive...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
**sigh**
It's amazing the lengths some people have gone to convince themselves and others that it's not the moon we're seeing here in this video. Also it's interesting how people try to convince themselves and others that the kids' reactions' aren't genuine either. I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

After seeing all the crap that clogs this forum on a daily basis, I must say that this is a very good find and I for one believe this one to be very real. And yes that's the moon, come on people...

I can also vouch for the moon being an orange red color on Aug 17th. I am in NYC and remember looking out to the east (towards Queens) and seeing it rising over the horizon. It was freaking HUGE and bright orange/red. I texted my girlfriend to tell her to get up on her roof to check it out, because it was an amazing site. I did not however see the object(s) in question from my vantage point.

But if it's a planet we're seeing here, why does it appear and disappear suddenly, AND move in a clockwise motion around the moon? DO planets move half way around the moon in a matter of 5 minutes ? Come on people....

What's most important about this video though is that it's not the first time that objects such as these have shown themselves during a phase of the moon such was found in this OP video.

Do you guys remember this one from North Dakota taken last year? (of course debunkers wrote this off as flashlights in the trees or something) Oh, and this is the moon people...

Notice that they appear on the same side of the moon as the OP vid...

(fast fwd to 3 mins in and watch the rest of it) (this one gets pretty weird towards the end)

[edit on 22-8-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Yea I remember that video, its a very good video of something circling around the moon.
I remember when it was posted here and the debunkers went into over time and I recall people saying it had to be a hoax because the guy was way to calm.
When people are to excited, like the kids in the OP's video theyre horrible actors, when they are to calm, it has to be fake because no one stays that calm when seeing a UFO, (strange lights in the sky)

Anyway, Im getting ahead of things here, I just wanted to comment on this old video,

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ok showed the video to a freind of mine who is a professional photo and video editer and ameture stargazer, and offered none of my preconcieved notions about what I thought, and he is about 95% positive that that is the moon.
I will now eat crow and admit I was wrong. I was arguing for something that I usually argue against and that is the pixilation of the youtube video being something that it was not.

As far as the object(s) in the video(s), wether it/they be a planet or something else, he has informed me that this is inconclusive do to the quality of youtube videos. Ubless someone is able to get a hold of a hard copy of the original video, this will probably remain unidentified.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Well hey, at least you admitted to making a mistake, that says a lot about your character. Ive known people that would never admit to a mistake, no matter what

Now that more of agree that it is the moon, maybe we can focus even harder on the next important issue, which is, what are the objects seen in both of the videos?
I still believe that it comes down to being some type of craft, but what Im curious about is the altitude of the craft because this could determine the size of it.
If these objects are 200,000 miles up, then wow they are huge

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Unfortunately like I stated the quality of a youtube video is rather hard to make too many determinations. If there was a way to mabee see the other videos that were taken as well, that might aid in the determination.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Now my wife thinks its a hoax too. I don't get it. Are we all so egocentric and presumptuous to believe that we are the biggest and only kids on the block?

By my own calculations, even at the most conservative range, I count at least a million highly developed, intelligent species within our galaxy.

We may have some far out hardware out there, but a ship that can do 10 minutes from the Moon to Earth and is over a dozen miles in breadth might not belong to us. I am still sitting on the fence with this one, 50-50 it could not be one of ours...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Although I know there's people who just love making hoaxes and some of them were posted on ATS that's not per se a general rule that all the videos on the internet are fake. The reaction of the people in the background sounds very natural and I know this by first hand experience, also the moon sometimes just has n strong orange color, I've seen this sometimes in various locations and I know that happens. I really think we should pay more attention to this video and let the experts look at it and then gatter some conclusions about it, the fact that there's a lot of evidence presented in this forum should be taken as an opportunity to debate and not only to deny.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It was a Full Moon on the 19th of August, right? The Full Moon always rises when the Sun is just setting - that is, The Sun, Earth and the Moon
are in one line (almost) with the Earth in the middle.

The exact time this video was taken is not mentioned. But since the Moon is reddish, I will assume it was soon after the sunset, looking towards the East.

The "object" seen in the video is NOT orbiting the Moon. Anyone can see
it is moving in a near straight line from the top of the frame towards the bottom, disappearing when it had just passed the moon.

This means, the object was moving from West to East, while the Moon was
moving from East to West (relative to us).

Surprising no commenter mentioned man-made-satellites. Several satellites and the International Space Station can be spotted in the sky
looking like moving bright stars; these can be seen only before sunrise and after sunset because the sunlight is still shining on those objects which are typically a couple of hundred miles up and we see the reflection from the earth.

The "object" disappeared because the sunlight was not shining on it any more, the object having dipped further in the eastern horizon, out of the sunlight as the sun was dipping further in the western horizon.

Just spend an hour after sunset looking at the sky any evening and you will be surprised how many man-made-satellites are orbiting our planet!
Check out: apod.nasa.gov...

On June 8, 2004 during the Venus transit, Venus was not the only celestial object to pass in front of the Sun. A few well-situated photographers caught the International Space Station also crossing the Sun simultaneously. Check out: apod.nasa.gov...

So let's not get excited!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
^ Excellent.

What do you gather of the video with 2 of the objects being shown?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Oh! I didn't see all the videos posted; you see I am on a dial-up connection and it takes ages to watch a video on line.

However,

(1) it may be a camera glich. Sometimes a relatively bright object too far away from the camera, specially when the camera is hand-held (no tripod) can result in a "double" image..

(2) I have observed two and even three satellites at a time, sometimes in tandem. The maximum I have observed so far is four, but in different parts of the sky. The best view was the International Space Station and
the Space Shuttle sailing over my house just after the shuttle had undocked and preparing to return to earth.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
^ Excellent.

What do you gather of the video with 2 of the objects being shown?

It is the same atmos phenomena that causes a sun dog (imho)

The object is Jupiter - the movement is a harvest moon rising in relation to Jupiter setting

As Jupiter lowers - a form of sun dog - esque phenomena occurs(due to the amount of dust nearer the horizon) makes a reflection of the planet

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Ok showed the video to a freind of mine who is a professional photo and video editer and ameture stargazer, and offered none of my preconcieved notions about what I thought, and he is about 95% positive that that is the moon.
I will now eat crow and admit I was wrong. I was arguing for something that I usually argue against and that is the pixilation of the youtube video being something that it was not.

As far as the object(s) in the video(s), wether it/they be a planet or something else, he has informed me that this is inconclusive do to the quality of youtube videos. Ubless someone is able to get a hold of a hard copy of the original video, this will probably remain unidentified. [/quote

Thanks for getting your friend to confirm that he thinks it is the moon.I also think he is right that we will never no for sure what it is because of the quality of the video is not good enough. Because of the sighting I had on the 16/6/08 www.youtube.com... I am always looking for more sightings that have been recorded.If I find any other compelling ufo videos I will let you guys know.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by watapi

I don't see a straight line, I see a small curve from the Moon. I can understand if it is a geosynchronous satellite, but it should curve back. And it wouldn't be that bright.

Ultimately we will probably chalk it up to being a really big rock, and that alone should make us uncomfortable. But I'll hold onto my opinions, simply because the Universe is stranger than we can imagine.

edit to add: I concur my mind could be telling me the object has a curve in its trajectory, when in fact it may not. Also a satellite moving towards earth's shadow can appear to reflect more light depending upon the vantage point of the observer.

But what could cause an oblivious group of teenagers to become so excited about a point of light in the sky? Did it do something unusual, or was it a group phenomena, where one person looks up and everyone follows? They sound educated enough to know the difference between a satellite and this object, or else they do not get out often...

It also depends on what background one has. An astrophysicist may say its a rock, an astronaut may call it a satellite, and a conspiracy nut (like me) may call it a UFO. Regardless, we can all agree it was outside the atmosphere, and it was impressive.

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dj howls

Jupiter doesn't add up because it blinks out. And sun dogs, which usually (read mostly) occur in daylight, are usually double because of ice, not dust in the atmosphere.

No, this was an object between Earth and the Moon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Pollution and air borne dust cause the moon to appear orange sometimes !

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dj howls

Here is the link to the sightings I have had on the 16/6/08 www.youtube.com...

with blow up of stills of the object
www.youtube.com...

Nd my sighting 23/6/08
www.youtube.com...
with stills of that object
www.youtube.com...

I also had a sighting of a bright object that was going in and out of the clouds a couple of weeks ago.I stopped my car and saw it through my binoculars however by the time I had set up my sony handy cam up on a tripod it had gone.(it was along way off anyway about 5 miles) I think it is only a matter of time before I or someone else will get very clear footage of one of theses objects.Sightings are comming in now thick and fast,from all over the world,are they trying to warn us of something? or just not so shy anymore.What ever the answer I am going to keep one eye on the skies as it seems most people never even bother to look up.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join