It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Whether they were in the atmosphere or near the moon, are they of human origin and carrying supplies/men to or from a possible base on the far side of the moon or are they of alien origin doing the same thing?

Now you do have an active imagination.

If I am wrong about this not being the moon, which I have not yet conceeded, there is just not enough evidence to conclude what the other objects are.

There is no noticible flying of these other objects, yes they are moving but they are moving rather slowly, at a snails pace, it would be the earth's orbit and rotation that most likely makes them appear to move faster.

This weekend I am having my freind, who is a professional film and video editor and amature astronomer, take a look at this video and analize it and give me a more accurate description of what we are seeing, I may finally eat crow and have to admit that my impression that this is not the moon is incorrect, but I will wait for analysis to be done on the video by my friend before passing final judgement. I just wish I could obtain the original Hard copy of the video.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

JubJub thanks for the work you did , Very good job of debunking My friend, This is now debunked , Its a flare watch the 50 x video .....anybody that says it not a flare is not a good judge IMO

Oh, of course its debunked because he edited the video and added the words moon, wind and flare in the video, we have been given iron-clad evidence that nobody should or even could ignore.

You believe that and still have the nerve to call people that arent convinced, poor judges.

Youre gonna have to do WAY better than that before you can call that evidence of a hoax.
FAIL

Now you do have an active imagination.

LoL, thank you

I was just looking at things from every different angle

I dont necessarily believe every scenario that I post, I just like to cover all the bases hehe.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Lol, in the seconf video they keep telling each other to pray.
Why? Lol, there must have been some real freaked out teens.
It's good to see some genuine ufos vids amidsts all the fakes out there.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe they keep telling each other to pray because they are at some type of church camp....at least thats the impression I got.....
and when your a teen at church camp trying hard to fit in, you focus on telling each other to pray so as to not look/seem different IMO....

[edit on 21-8-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by Boogley

It is not the color I have a problem with. My problem with the "moon" is that under close examination, it apears to be giving off light rather than reflecting it.

How in the world can you tell that from a you-tube video? I bet if you took a reflection from a mirror and then a flashlight from a distance at night in you-tube you would not be able to tell. There are not enough pixels to do that in a small object in a you-tube video.

I have no idea if it is real or not, when it comes to UFO's I am a big time skeptic but I would never say this looks like a reflection.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doomsday2012

I already pointed out the possibility of a planet. But that doesn't explain the disappearing act. Besides, this couldn't have possibly been mars anyway..

The moon only travels about one of it's diameters in about an hour. Look how far the small object travels in the 4 and a half minutes before disappearing and you will see proof before your eyes that it isn't Mars or any other planet.

-ChriS

[edit on 21-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I compered a screenshot of the video with a picture I had taken of the moon and zoomed both in and increased brightness. There were differences. I do not submit this as concrete evidence against the video, wic is why I am going to have a freind examine the video. If i could get an original hard copy of the video, this could clear up most questions about the video.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If i could get an original hard copy of the video, this could clear up most questions about the video.

To get a copy of the original is the only way to know for sure. I can say one thing though if it was a fake they would not have used a harvest moon...that would be pretty stupid. Smart money would have been to use a white light and let everyone think the camera just blew out the detail. These kids didn't seem smart enough to uses an orange light to cover for it being fake and assume people would think it was a harvest moon or lunar eclipse.

I am one with the moon and my gut tells me that is the moon on the Lunar eclipse last Sunday.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That kid who posted this on Youtube probably thinks you guys are nuts the way you pick apart the video,

Seriously this is one of the best vids I've seen, all the reactions in the background are very interesting, like when one girl says "If it upsets you don't look at it!" That was hilarious!

I wish we could see the other vids the kid said were being shot when he was shooting.
That would be very interesting especially if there was a better camera involved that could zoom.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Just by posting it he knew what would follow. Anyone who has ever even glimpsed at youtube knows what can be expected when they post a video.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I compered a screenshot of the video with a picture I had taken of the moon and zoomed both in and increased brightness. There were differences. I do not submit this as concrete evidence against the video, wic is why I am going to have a freind examine the video. If i could get an original hard copy of the video, this could clear up most questions about the video.

"I do not submit this as concrete evidence against the video"

You cannot. Take several pictures of the moon from different locations, different places on the Earth, zoom in and increase the brightness...then, ask...let's say, a professional to identify which one was the moon and listen to what he says. Given the environmental conditions are different in different places and different times, and that these conditions greatly alter the way light behaves when coming into Earth's atmosphere, or, when viewing objects through Earth's atmosphere you will see many "differences"(as you put it) in the pictures/videos you've taken. Also, not all cameras behave the same way toward a light source. All of these things must be taken into consideration. Doubt me? Go try it, with different cameras, and different locations.

If you can't do this yourself(It's rediculous to ask you to fly to Arizona and Brazil just to snap pictures of the moon), simply go to a free image stock site and download pictures submitted by members and experiment with them. Your basis is baseless my friend. I'm sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
That kid who posted this on Youtube probably thinks you guys are nuts the way you pick apart the video,

Seriously this is one of the best vids I've seen, all the reactions in the background are very interesting, like when one girl says "If it upsets you don't look at it!" That was hilarious!

I wish we could see the other vids the kid said were being shot when he was shooting.
That would be very interesting especially if there was a better camera involved that could zoom.

I think that some people,, who like to consider themselves "Professional ATS debunkers" (I think I've even seen a sig or two with something like that in it) get in such a hurry to be the first ones to get the "debunk" that they attack every angle at once, like a shotgun effect, to cover as many of the different angles at once, so they can be the first to say "I told you so" no matter how ridiculous it seems.
That is the only thing I can think of when some of the most ridiculous claims come out.
I mean who the hell has never seen an orange or red moon? I see one like that at least once a month from my 7th story window.
Now its being called a flare, and the person even has the gumption to call it a flare, declare it debunked and case closed

Some really dont even care if their claim makes any sense or not, its as if theyre in denial, they want so much to believe that its not true and they want so much to swing others over to their way of thinking that they will make some WAY off the wall claims, some of them even more unbelievable than even a UFO.
However, because of the nature of UFO's and other similar topics, skeptics/debunkers are very important to this board and others like it but they need to be responsible and mature.
When they offer their opinion and back it up with decent evidence and then take the time to explain it rationally, then I have no problem with them.
But when they stand up and declare something fake because the moon is orange or show a video that they edited, adding the words, flare, wind and moon and anyone that doesnt agree with them are idiots, then they lose all credibility, at least as far as im concerned.
There have been many times that a person has scrutinized a photo or video and backed it up with very good evidence and had a post officially declared a hoax by the mods.
I think its great when that happens and when a potential hoaxer sees in advance what their hoax will have to go through, they may change their minds and spare themselves the humiliation and a ban from ATS

I'm still undecided on what the objects in this video are but im pretty sure that it isnt an intentional hoax, especially considering the different reactions we hear from the other kids in the background.
Well, just add that one to the every growing list of the un-explained

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Pilot

Just by posting it he knew what would follow. Anyone who has ever even glimpsed at youtube knows what can be expected when they post a video.

But taking it so seriously and getting into "debates" and all the nitpicking. Youtube people mostly wisecrack and say they believe it or not.

What about contacting any authorities like they said they were going to? Did anything ever come of that? That is a question I'd like to ask and about other videos.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I'm with you all the way regarding debunkers, necessary of course, but please be intelligent about it and always remain polite. That too much to ask? I don't think so.

I'd like to get more information from the kid - I wonder why he won't sign up just to amuse us?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
At approx. 4:30 mark it disappears in Earth's shadow. Easy to ascertain since it is a full Moon. If the object in question can reach earth from the Moon in 10 minutes, that means it is doing at least 702,000 mph.

Sounds about right.

Trajectory indicates mass. No detectable independent illumination within Earth's shadow. Indicative of combustionless propulsion system.

My bet its not one of ours, but hard to tell. We gots some gnarly ships up thar

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I know that the moon can be seen differently from different places, I would be an idiot not to take that into consideration. I have not said I am right and everyone else is wrong considering my observations, I just think what I noticed was odd.

I plan on having my friend look at the video and provide his opinion. My friend is a professional, I am giving him none of my preconceived ideas on the video. I want his honest and professional opinion on the video no matter what conclusion he comes to.

I know it may seem to some that I have closed my mind about this, but I have not. Thuth be told I wasn't even origionally considering it wasn't the moon, I was origianally trying to enhance the photo to see if it was possible to detect a shape with the object "near" to the moon. and just noticed something that looked strange to me, so I decided to post that finding and hoped to get it either considered or denied based on other evidence that was provided, not just people saying I was mistaken without taking time to prove or disprove what I took notice of scientifically.

I do find that others are verry closed minded who don't even attempt to look at what I presented and dispute it without presenting pictures as evidence against my suggestions being wrong. If you prove me wrong I will not cry foul, but just telling me that my suggestion is laughable without backing it up with proof to the contrary is not a good practice in debating.

I just want to know the truth about this no matter what it turns out to be. Afterall aren't we all here on ATS to find the truth.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i saw something similar on july 4th and 5th in brinkhaven ohio for over two hours it scared the crap out of me every single animal in the woods was silent and all the dogs in the town were barking

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You can't speed the video up by 50x's to make the object look like a flare.

That's just as bad as if the people who shot the video did the same thing to make jupiter look as if it was moveing slowly across the sky like a huge UFO outside our atmosphere.

There's 2 legitimate videos which show the exact speed of the object. If you are going to make ANY claims you have to use the evidence provided, since it has not been proven that it was tampered with in anyway.

Speeding the film up, or slowing it down is about as good as photoshopping the film, your manipulating it. Your proving nothing with the "flare" video, jubjub.

I mean think about it, if you have to speed the original film up 50 times it's normal speed to get the object to "look" somewhat like a flare, well it's not a flare then on the the original video.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

my remarks:
- A flare does not last 10 minutes : a flare is either a military lighting device (10 secs or so) or an intense IR source for missiles. Even a satellite reflection flare does not last that long.
- The orange color can be due to the camera sensitivity.
- The object does not "get a boost from moon's attraction" because in first video it clearly goes straight (no curve) then changes direction at the end, but to the OPPOSITE direction.
- The object is not necessarily close to the moon (a common mistake), it is simply in the same axis of vision : it could very well be in our atmosphere. Plus, if it's next to the moon, it should be more than a thousand miles in diameter. Unlikely.
- It is not a LED in a balloon because it change direction, then splits in the second video.
- It is not CGI because CGI artists often tend to neglect blinking, blurrish or intermittent picture. Perfection is a common mistake there. Although this one might have thought about that ... lol !

Anyway I'm still puzzled.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The evidence must be analyzed in its original form, tampering with it invalidates its "modality".

Great points of view everybody, its all about keeping an open mind, I also wonder about what goes on in a "pro debunker's" mind...
The thought police has won when we don't question and wish that the tiny part of safe "reality" remained the same...

whatever is seen in the video might have been huge...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join