It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China jumps Olympics air hurdle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well, the Chinese authorities thing they can - and have - controlled the weather during the Olympics.

Source

BEIJING, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- Beijing fired over 1,000 rain dispersal rockets on Friday evening to blow away rain clouds for the smooth opening ceremony of the 29th Olympic Games at the National Stadium, confirmed the local observatory on Saturday morning.

It was the largest rain dispersal operation in China, and the first time that such technology has been used to ensure the weather condition for Olympic opening, said Chinese meteorologists.

~ ~ ~

The artificial rain dispersal efforts basically drove the rain away as of 10:42 p.m., when the show had been going on for over two hours, said BMB experts.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
that's good,but you can not do it everyday,torrential rain yesterday in beijing,but today's sky is crystally clean.i always like rain.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

Are you currently in Communist China?

It's okay if you are. I just want to know.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
??shamed about?why?where are you from,are you shamed about your own country?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

I'll take that for a "Yes, I am From Communist China"

What is the matter with communists? Can you not give a straight answer?

Since you answered with another question - I'll ask again: Are you from Communist China?

A simple 'yes' or a 'no' will suffice.

Do not answer my question with another question.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

you seem to be avoiding my questions and statements, and then answering with a question.......so i will post my reply to your answer again.....

reply to post by haidian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes i have been to Bejing, in fact i have been to China 3 times in the last 4 years.
and did you even read the link i provided ??
it is a well known fact that it is a heavilly polluted city. and it is not the only one in China.

Linfen is the most polluted in China, ....The World Bank estimates that 16 of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are in China.

www.blacksmithinstitute.org...

snoopyuk

[edit on 22-8-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
today's air is so fresh and weather so great .when did you come to beijing last time,beijing's pollution is a problem but far from what you described as the dirtiest place on the planet.those athletes are very impressed about how wonderful the weather is here in beijing,and in track and field,so many world record has been broken,partly attribute to the pleasant weather here.

i said many times here i was born and grew up in beijing.so it is a really dumb question to ask me if i m from china.learn a little on world geography please.beijing is the capital city of china.oh,my goodness

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by haidian
,so many world record has been broken,partly attribute to the pleasant weather here.

please tell me you are joking ??? you really think it is that good ??

i will ask you for the final time , Did you read any of the links i and others have posted , regarding OFFICAL reports on the pollution ?

i am all for being proud of your country or the place you grow up ....but really you are taking it to the extreme !!!

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
yes,i did read all of them,they are not new,i read most of them a couple of years ago,the official beijing's weather report can be found on ioc website,the information is always available.and there are many international air monitoring groups in beijing doing their part of job too.the olympics will be finished in 2 days and the overall weather and air analysis will be available very soon,so let's wait and see.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
weather in recent days in beijing

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
weather in recent days in beijing 2

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Sun Shines on Clear Beijing With One Day to Go

August 22, 2008 BEIJING (Reuters) -

Olympic host city Beijing was sunny and clear on the 15th day of the Games on Saturday, with temperatures expected to rise for a broiling midday men's football final between defending champions Argentina and Nigeria.
The Beijing Meteorological Bureau (www.bjmb.gov.cn) forecast a high of 32 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) and air quality at grade 1 -- the best possible rating.

Pollution had been a major worry for athletes and organizers ahead of the Games, but the air has been largely clear, thanks in part to occasional heavy rain. Saturday is the last big day of medals, with 32 on offer, including the last diving gold, in the 10m platform, which China's Zhou Luxin is favored to win to give the hosts a clean sweep of all eight diving medals. Apart from Sunday's men's marathon, the athletics end on Saturday. The highlight will be Ethiopian Kenenisa Bekele's attempt to add the men's 5,000m to his 10,000m title, a double already achieved by female compatriot Tirunesh Dibaba. (Reporting by Jim Bai; Editing by Nick Macfie)

one more day and olympics will be finished,all those bad propaganda saying beijing's air would hurt the athletes health nonsense was dashed facing the true reality.a sound slap on their face,uh.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by haidian

Nice pictures.

Where are all the Chinese People?

I didn't see any in those pictures, maybe one but c'mon... Did you guys all get get out of the Pavillion? Are you not allowed in it?

1.2 billion people - surely only the wealthy and the leaders and their families will be in attendance.

Everyone is equal in Communist China, but as you can see, some f them are clearly more equal than others.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
what?people are everywhere,look again

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
first you say the air's dirty,after finding out the air is so fresh and sky is so blue,you would say,hey,there is no equality,1.2billion people can not all watch the olympics at the venus in beijing.actually most tickets are very affordable,around 10 dollars.of cause not for the hot events.it seems you 've got to find fault with china,even it has nothing to do with the post.that's really pathetic

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

By The Associated Press
August 24, 2008 (AP)

KENYAN FIRST IS A FIRST FOR KENYA

Samuel Wanjiru pulled away over the final few miles to become the first Kenyan to win the Olympic marathon — and he did it an Olympic record time of 2 hours, 6 minutes, 32 seconds. The temperature was 75 degrees with 52 percent humidity when the race began at 7:30 a.m. and it heated up steadily through the morning, reaching 86 degrees by the finish. Thanks to an overnight thunderstorm, blue sky greeted the final day of the games.

everyday the air is so fresh and the weather is so fine,that's why so many world records were broken during the beijing olympics.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by haidian]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Interesting.

Here in Anchorage, Alaska we have no smog. In the spring we get dust storms from the Gobi and this time of year we sometimes get a lot of pollution directly from China. It was so bad a few days ago I had one of the worst headaches I've had in years. Everyone was complaining. I knew from an article in the Anchorage Daily News a while back the source was China.

What you do in China affects other parts of the world. I'm personally fearful that China's out of control pollution and them not giving a crap about it will affect us even more often here.

You are clearly planted here. Who controls you and what you say?

Since China has access to modern technology to control this, why does China build filthy coal fired plants when technology is available that would make these coal fired plants far cleaner? Do you honestly enjoy the smog and smoke?

China is building a house of cards with a shaky foundation. If you want to kill yourselves off with that smog I'd normally say go ahead, but what you do impacts the whole world. It is and environmental attack of sorts. I assume you sit in air conditioning while nearly all of the rest of your people breath poisoned air.

To those posting links, our Chinese friend is probably unable to view them.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some more BREATH-taking photos of China. Enjoy.

The incredible beauty of it all

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
the weather was so nice during the olympics,dont try to derail the thread,and yesterdays marathon was the best ever,the olympic record was broken and the pleasant weather and air was part of the result.

i got tons of good weather photoes about beijing,but i think that's not this thread is talking about,so didnt put any of them here,every single photo i posted here was taken during the olympics.

the perfect weather and air during the olympics was seen and reported by all international organization,that's the hard reality.do try to deflect the thread,if you like to talk about gerenal envirnment issues,please open another thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i got photoes,autralian tv report and several news reports on weather and air of beijing during the olympics,i really dont know what can be argued about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join