It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Gods live and die or just get new names?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Archetypes dont die, but we can make subjective types that can be forgotten or ignored. We can't forget or ignore Archetypes no matter how hard we try. We just name them and mask them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Archetypes dont die, but we can make subjective types that can be forgotten or ignored. We can't forget or ignore Archetypes no matter how hard we try. We just name them and mask them.

wow.
they wouldn't be able to would they? it would be impossible. amazing.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

In short, yes. There is a supreme being, a deity of some kind. And Man creates different names for this deity, as you noted, through the travail of ages that our civilizations rise and fall.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

We may not be able to forget or ignore, but I would speculate that we are able to change Archetypes, subtly shifting the spheres of influences the Archetypes have and how that influence effects everything else.

I think this is part of the interesting question behind names and prayer concepts. Does the name dictate action in some form, and how is the "feeding" of power to such concepts actually take place, and is it necessary at all.

Sadly in my opinion we lack any solid reference point to building up such a spiritual cosmology, otherwise such flexing of intellectual stimuli could be very beneficial indeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join