It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call me Wierd: I believe in America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What if this country really is all it says it is, what if , 911 really happened the way it was suppose to, what if we really landed on the moon, what if we really went to Iraq for the reasons we were told.

Many countries are absolutely Jealous and envious of our sucessful country and its history. Enough to bad mouth us, but we are listening folks, we can hear your insults.
We were victorious in many different wars, many treaties of peace were signed do to our military defeat of some dark characters in history. I will grant that the UFO thing is about absolute denial and does impose a threat to our national security and our economy. I believe the government has the right to keep some things secret. I honestly believe in our government, I can't get the disapproval feeling from IRAQ, I know we are going to leave that country with a working democracy, and eventually the Iraqis will appreciate our efforts.

What is the point of being paranoid about one of the greatest countries on earth, and we are , no matter what any of you not americans can say about us, I believe in America. So we have black ops, who doesn't?

I believe our government is taking care of us, I know I will get bashed and called a retard for this on a conspiracy network, but you know what , I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. If we werent the strong country that we are , and offered our protection to our allies, and the rebuilding of our defeated enemies countries infrastructures and economies, maybe we would warrant to be called names by others , but not under these conditions, how many countries owe there freedom for the last 50 plus years to us , really?

we were the guys who came to help out, we came and fought all over europe and helped russia and the rest of europe defeat Germany, we also defeated Japan.

If anything we should of learned a lesson from all this, people so quickly forget the sacrifice that others made, to say bad things about our country and its leadership, to make us generation of Americans, the sons and daughters of those that fought over there feel bad now, how about you guys cut us some slack, maybe help us out with the war we are in now.

Im tired of hearing about how america is in decline and how its falling apart, that is a bunch of hype and negative propaganda towards us americans who feel hurt that you would repay us for your absolute debt for your freedom bought by us with our fathers blood, by saying we are losers and such.

History remembers , I just wish credit would be given where credit is due, if your countries did for us what we did for you, I would never ever say the things your people have said about us, and if the chance came to repay that absolute undeniable debt, I would send fricken soldiers to IRAQ instead of backstabbing us.

To fall to an enemy to be risen up again from the help from all the way across the ocean should be something you think someone would remember and teach their children to respect,

is it really the americans who are arrogant, give me a break, you guys act like you did it on your own, and all the crosses on our soldiers graves that died over there just figments of imagination, get a grip, they aren't...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Randy Echo]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It is so easy not to trust , much harder to trust. We live in a wonderful and Great country, Americans celebrate our success ,

we had to fight for every last bit of freedom we have
live up to what our forefathers fought for us for

and anyone that wants to badmouth us, get in line...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

I don't know what happened over the years but what you posted above used to not be "weird". It used to be what you posted above was the what the overwhelming majority of the world believed. These days you almost cannot find a media source that doesn't bash America. Today the "blame America for everything" crowd is growing in number listening for any reason to use America as a scapegoat for whatever ails them to make themselves feel good.

Whoever spews the most venom, gets instant popularity as is incredibly apparent on ats. Take a look at the people who support Chavez for instance. He has basically installed a dictatorship over his people and the people love it because he calls America "the great satan."

Thankfully there is a silent majority in the United States of America and around the world that still hold what you posted above to be true. Just don't expect to hear much about them from any media source.

Excellent thread

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm an American, but I left for New Zealand over ten years ago and have been living in NZ since.

I used to think America rocked, but now I just think Americans tend to be arrogant and ignorant.

Land of the free, my arse. You're no more free than a New Zealander...and your healthcare is a heck of a lot more expensive. So are your universities.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
But they *are* free, I mean, they get to keep guns!

Always find it funny how many use that as an argument about why they have more freedom than others lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I understand. Fact is, it is much easier to listen to what you are told and accept it as is, than it is to question, and dig, and pry to make DAMNED SURE your rights are being respected, and that you are not being lied into a war.

We know for a FACT that the Bush administration LIED about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. We know for a fact that our rights are being blatantly and systematically eroded right now, right before our eyes. It is very sad for me to see, and I gotta tell you, you tend to see the Iraq war a little differently when you have something personal at stake in it. My brother is in Iraq, and when something like that happens in your life(I don't know about you, but please bear with me) you tend to want an answers, because one wants to know that their family will be alright...You tend to dig up alot of information when asking questions...And sometimes those answers are scary and unbelievable...And the most painful part is realizing how true they actually are.

The common man gains NOTHING BUT PAIN from war. Be it blood or money. War means it is taken away from you and given up for the profit and power of some obscure elite that could care nothing for you.

That to me is the worst reality of this whole mess. I know my brother doesn't fight for my freedom, and so does he. He fights to collect debt for another man.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

OK..You're weird.

I believe in America too. For the record:

1. I think 911 happened the way it was "supposed to"...more or less
  2. I know we landed on the moon...several times
  3. Iraq...well, benefit of the doubt, I think most of the people involved thought we went there for the reasons we were told. Were those reasons valid? I didn't think so at the time and I don't think so now.

I don't trust the government to be truthful or honest to us. It can't be, it couldn't function if it were. I don't believe America is all it says it is. But it's something to work for. But I do like it here.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Phage]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Call me weird. I live in America. And it gets weirder by the day. I can only hope for the future.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree.

TO me, it doesnt matter how 9/11 happened.

The fact is that America, and many other countries...give the masses a choice. CHOICE.

No one forces the masses to go to war. No one forces the people to believe what they see on tv. No one forces the people to vote. No one forces the people to buy any products.

this is a great country. Those people that dont go far in their lives CHOOSe not to work hard or use their brains.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree.

The fact is that America, and many other countries...give the masses a choice. CHOICE.

No one forces the masses to go to war. No one forces the people to believe what they see on tv. No one forces the people to vote. No one forces the people to buy any products.

this is a great country. Those people that dont go far in their lives CHOOSe not to work hard or use their brains.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Hi, Mr. Jelly--

"this is a great country. Those people that dont go far in their lives CHOOSe not to work hard or use their brains. "

I'm not sure that's really a fair or accurate statement. Surely there are lots of intelligent hard workers who get the shaft (to borrow a phrase from RM Nixon).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Call me weird, but I think everyone's a bit full of themselves these days. Yeah, America's not what she used to be, but her kid's ain't exactly looking after her anymore.
It's easy to say what America should be for, and then yell on the internet about it.
The way I'm looking at it, every single person on this thread so far has had a different opinion, including myself.
Groovy, but what are you going to do about it? Raise cane and yell about it, or work on it.
I still love America, I love the peoples (even though a few of them are idiots), and I love the ideas she was built on.
To bad everyone's so busy talking about 'em they don't live 'em.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I love being an American. I wouldn't want to be a citizen or live in any other country. I believe 9/11 was not planned, but there was a hell of a lot of complacency. I believe we went to the moon. I believe that the government was convinced with its evidence of WMD not that it was a Lie. I was part of the initial force in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Saddam was working on and had WMD's. Even if he didn't, he should have been taken out long before for violating the restrictions placed on him after the Gulf War. There are evil dictators all over the world that are threats to the US and they should have been taken out too. But if if the opportunity comes up and you can pick your battles, a small war to take out a dictator or a big one to take out another, you take the small one.

That all being said. I still think that the country is going down hill. 9/11 especially caused a fear that allowed government to get away with things that I don't think would have occurred without it. Depending on which party is in power, each has plans to take away rights. Congress seems for self interested than concerned about the will of the people. OP, what event would have to occur for you to think that things were starting to fall apart?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Glad to see I am not alone in the way I feel
this land is our land
from sea to sea

HOOOORAAAAHHHH!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

That all being said. I still think that the country is going down hill. 9/11 especially caused a fear that allowed government to get away with things that I don't think would have occurred without it. Depending on which party is in power, each has plans to take away rights. Congress seems for self interested than concerned about the will of the people. OP, what event would have to occur for you to think that things were starting to fall apart?

every generation has had it's liberals that have tried to push this ideal into our brains, every single one, compare our life to two time periods, the civil war, and the great depression, and tell me that we are below the standards of those two times, and I will answer your question with this question.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
I agree.

It is true if your lazy and want to sit on your ass in america , you can , its one of our freedoms. We pay people to sit on there butts and play video games, get high, and drop out of society, it doesn't mean that it is the american way of doing things, you want to get ahead in america , you can, and if you want to check out for awhile, become a drunken loser, you can, and still have the opportunity to come back and have a life later,
some call this the AMERICAN DREAM, and for some low lifes it is, but for a lot of americans, life is definitely what you make it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hooray!!! Down the sight of my carbine on an Iraq 'insurgent'. God I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Hoooyah.
Sorry the marlboro man went bust in his own mind.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Call me weird, but I think everyone's a bit full of themselves these days. Yeah, America's not what she used to be, but her kid's ain't exactly looking after her anymore.
It's easy to say what America should be for, and then yell on the internet about it.
The way I'm looking at it, every single person on this thread so far has had a different opinion, including myself.
Groovy, but what are you going to do about it? Raise cane and yell about it, or work on it.
I still love America, I love the peoples (even though a few of them are idiots), and I love the ideas she was built on.
To bad everyone's so busy talking about 'em they don't live 'em.

go to a park somewhere and sit, watch the children play, watch the parents parent, watch our small children as they play together in suburban america, what really has changed, we do take care of america, if you look at every generation, we are really just little versions of old versions of ourselves repeating in history, we have always had violence and street gangs in american life, as well as prisons to put convicts in, life is only different if you look at the surface, really america is still just as wonderful as the 50s were, if you open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Hooray!!! Down the sight of my carbine on an Iraq 'insurgent'. God I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Hoooyah.
Sorry the marlboro man went bust in his own mind.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by jpm1602]

"WHATEVER"

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Randy Echo]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Whoopee doo - You're country has a bigger penis then mine - Get over it!

America once stood for something good and pure. Then you let corporations take over and your grand capitalistic scheme is now failing you.

Not that the Uk is much better, but you won't have lots of chest beating and penile size comparing from the Brits.

Continue to be a good little sheep. Hurrah.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join