It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason For Bigfoot Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Bigfoot phenomenon has been going on for quite sometime now and is one of the most mainstream or "popular" conspiracy theories/mythical creatures.

I think the people in power and the network news perpetuate the Bigfoot case to discredit any potential conspiracy. Let me explain.

If you bring up a conspiracy to someone who isn't a believer, they usually shoot back with something like "I don't believe in any of that, Bigfoot, Aliens.etc."

Bigfoot is kept around in the mainstream media to discredit ACTUAL conspiracies. People usually lump all conspiracies together as one.

THE STORY IS KEPT GOING TO MAKE CONSPIRACY THEORIES LOOK OUTRAGEOUS AS A WHOLE

I personally don't even believe in Bigfoot, anything to add?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Societalgnorance]

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

All that media attention certainly put the focus slightly off of the world news for a time, like the situation in Georgia and what not. I personally believe in the creature because I saw one once and I could not come up with any other explanation. My account is in 'My Bigfoot Story' thread in the Crypto forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No offense but.......you saw something you couldn't recognize. It happens all the time , that doesn't mean you saw Bigfoot.

The Bigfoot story makes conspiracy theories look silly, that's why it has stayed in the news for so long.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'll add that I have a very trusted friend in Arkansas that will swear on a stack of bibles that he saw a bigfoot while doing doorcheck rounds for a security company. I believe him.
I also wondered why people would fake stuff like bigfoot and UFOs and ghosts and demons and stuff.
I put it down as finding the truth is just harder than faking footage. Laziness.
Huh, right?

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks Cuhail. I take you and your friend at your word, it could have been a number of things your friend saw, but IMO, this idea of Bigfoot is silly, and makes conspiracy theories on the whole, look a bit silly.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well, that hardly affects me, you thinking things are silly. But, why exactly did you open the thread other than to just say "I think Bigfoot stories make conspiracy theorists look silly"?
Let's break this down a bit.

Dictionary.com

conspiracy theory
–noun 1. a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.
2. the idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

Well, by that standard, only the fact that the recent Bigfoot hoax was perpetrated by a covert group or organization (The cop and his buddy), that the story truely belongs in the genre of "Conspiracy". That's what it was wasn't it? A conspiracy by more than one individual to misrepresent themselves as something they were not? In this case, successful bigfoot hunters.

It doesn't change the fact that there are a LOT of bigfoot sightings every year and there are members of ATS who fall under the category of "Live witness".

Now, I digress. Bigfoot sightings are NOT classified as a "Conspiracy" at all. They, here at ATS, fall under the Crypto-zoology tag.

Dictionary.com

cryp·to·zo·ol·o·gy Audio Help /ˌkrɪptoʊzoʊˈɒlədʒi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krip-toh-zoh-ol-uh-jee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun the study of evidence tending to substantiate the existence of, or the search for, creatures whose reported existence is unproved, as the Abominable Snowman or the Loch Ness monster.

You see what I'm getting at? To you it makes Conspiracy theorists look silly, but, in truth, it's actually you that is winding up looking like a stooge by bringing this personal ignorance to a place where others can dispute it.

Please man, read more, post less and with more than what you feel about any given subject. Tell us what you know.

NOT ripping ya, just saying is all.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There are so many creatures out there that we just dont have a clue about.
What makes a 'Big Foot'? The name has grown into some monstrous legend, whose shoes even Big Foot cant fill.

Seriously though - we get lost in words and concepts until they no longer serve us and we ignore that which is in our face. That middle ground area.

So yes, there is a big foot - and its not big deal.
There are a bunch of animals that scientist know of, that are not as familiar to most of us, that would make Big Foot look like a tamed monkey. (Think of some of the deep sea creatures - or animals on these islands far away...heck, Im sure Australia has some odd creatures that would give big foot a run for his money in 'interesting'.)

Yeah, it was kind of odd that this hoax came up - it was obvious from the very beginning that it was a joke. There attitude showed it - why did they do this? Perhaps it is as one person said, to keep some people in line and make it look like believing in Big Foot is stupid, aliens, etc., - while its not even that outrageous of an idea.

Who knows.

But until you see something with your own eyes...dont be so anxious to jump on the bandwagon. It leads to disappointment and delusion.

Know what you know...and keep open to that which you dont know - but not blindly believing.

Peace

dAlen

link   
The whole point of the thread is to point out the fact that.....

THERE IS AN AGENDA IN THE MSM THAT WE ALL KNOW EXISTS

SOME OF THE MISINFORMATION THEY USE INVOLVES LUMPING ALL "CONSPIRACIES/URBAN LEGEND/MYTHOLOGY" TOGETHER

MY POINT IS THAT THE BIGFOOT STORY HAS STUCK AROUND BECAUSE IT CHEAPENS THE VALUE OF AN ACTUAL CONSPIRACY/PARANORMAL THEORY.

BIGFOOT IS DEFINITELY A SILLY STORY THAT MOST INTELLIGENT PEOPLE KNOW IS BS.

link   

link   
dp

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Well, since you imply yelling by using all caps, I guess that'll completely change my mind.
I'll forget all the first-hand accounts I've read and heard all along MY path in life.

BIGFOOT IS DEFINITELY A SILLY STORY THAT MOST INTELLIGENT PEOPLE KNOW IS BS.

MOST intellegent people? Did you take a poll? Show me some numbers.

That's the only thing worth commenting on. No one here puts any stock in the MSM and most of us recognize their tactics plainly. And the Bigfoot sightings keep it up-to-date, NOT what the MSM say or report. Your "facts" are flawed.
In my opinion.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Cuhail, I don't really disagree with you.....I was using caps in hope that you would understand my point and it still didn't sink in.

I agree with everything you said pretty much.

IMHO, the Bigfoot story sticks around through all these years, because of sightings, yes. But, I believe it is used as a way to make other paranormal or unexplained events look ridiculous.

FOR EXAMPLE

All conspiracy theories, paranormal activity, and unexplained events are put in the same box by a "non-believer." If you mention something like life on other planets to a "non-believer" they usually will say something like, "I don't believe in any of that, aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, etc"

The Bigfoot story, IMHO, has always been BS, and is used to discredit actual unexplained activity.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I get it. I always have. I am surrounded by people who don't have an interest in the genre and, therefore, don't understand and yes, they tend to roll their eyes at the mention of anything that would potentially disrupt their lives (as they know it).
It's all part of the game, brotha. Does the thought that what we are doing tends to freak people out? Yes.

But, I look at it this way. The talented people I have met and garnered friendships with here at ATS have the wonderous talent of pooling and investigating information to weed out the hoaxes from the real stuff. It's the real, reportable stuff that will make more non-believers tune in and listen. It's part of our hobby to find that stuff and anybody on Earth can laugh and roll their eyes and it won't put a scratch on the effort being made here.

So who the hell cares how "normal" or "intellegent" people see us. I see us differently because I'm here everyday reading and learning and listening to trolls and 12-year-olds try to break our stride.
9/11
UFOs and Aliens
Crypto
Secret Societies
War on Terror
The Membership of ATS work so hard to put everything they come across into a missing shape in the great puzzle that we live in. And they do it even though there are trips and cracks and obsticles every step of the way.
Including guys saying "People will never believe".

Do YOU get it?

Sincerely,
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I see what you're saying.......

I just think we're losing sight of the entire thread.

(Here goes nothing)

I believe that the Bigfoot story has stuck around because it is there to make other unexplained activity/conspiracy theories look outrageous and ridiculous. Anybody agree/disagree? Whaddya think???

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
SocietalIgnorance,

What an apt name.

I know these creatures are real because I have had contact with them on at least six occasions since May of 2005. They are a race of people who are dedicated to helping with the preservation of our Earth and promoting the enlightenment of us stupid humans.

No no... of course I can't prove it, but maybe some inner work on yourself might help you to make contact also. They are very receptive to humans who are enlightened and/or are of the "right stuff".

All this media hype of hoaxes is very unfortunate and only serves to divert our attention from the real truth.

Sorry for the little dig at you, but open your mind and heart!

Sylph

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't doubt you or anybody else who has genuinely seen a specie they can't explain.

My point is the whole "Bigfoot" story and the way it has been portrayed on television over the years, has made conspiracies/unexplained events look ridiculous to the average sheep.

The recent hoax news should further my point if you think about it........

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have read anything and everything about Bigfoot since my first experience and have come to the conclusion that our USA government does not want us to know of the existence of Bigfoot.

Like you said, the stories are made to look ridiculous to the "sheep".

Just propaganda and part of the agenda of the NWO, IMHO.

Nice to meet you, SI!

We are all one and need to deny ignorance together!

Love and blessings,

Sylph

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nice to meet you sylph........

Bottom line is, the agenda will move forward despite this thread, despite ATS, and despite those of us who are aware of the agenda.

It's just no surprise to me that so many fall victim to the nonsense on the news and in the MSM........

They are very skilled at making things like "Bigfoot" look silly.......

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

SocietalIgnorance, I'm just curious what you view as a "legitimate" conspiracy theory, such that bigfoot is seen as a silly theory? Is it any sillier than the greys, reptilians, a holllow earth, faked moon landings, and the hundreds of other theories that get batted about these boards? Compared to those, bigfoot seems almost mundane.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I agree with your statement....

I view all conspiracy theories as "legitimate" and never used the word legitimate. I said that I think the way the Bigfoot story is portrayed on television is intentionally condescending and tries to ridicule conspiracy theories and such.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Societalgnorance]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join