It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima ghosts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is something that I have been thinking about for years. As a ghost hunter myself I know that spirits can exist who were killed violently, suddenly, or without their knowledge. My question then is this:

I have never seen, or read, anything about unusual ghost activity in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. With the 10's of thousands of people killed violently and suddenly you would think there would be ghosts everywhere!

Has anyone any information on this? Does anyone recall ever hearing about ghosts in these two places that suffered so much destruction? If you have please post it here. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
good question. My take on it is that ghosts simply do not exist, but in Japan some ppl believe in Shinto, so maybe they take all the ghosts in stride as thier ancestors. I agree with you 100% though, it should be looked into, as well as the concentration camps. while it may not be politically correct, it makes sense that if you are looking for proof then you'd go there. I mean, they say gettysberg is haunted as all hell...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You are right there is not much about ghost in those parts! the only thing I could get was this clip from youtube..

Ghost stories..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Thanks Guns! That was a very interesting video, especially the part talking about the different types of ghosts... especially the ones who have been killed in violent ways. Makes you wonder if in those two cities hit by the Atomic bombs if there are many ghost stories. It also makes me wonder if the Japanese people honor those dead in some special way to make them stay at peace or whatnot.

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
good question. My take on it is that ghosts simply do not exist, but in Japan some ppl believe in Shinto, so maybe they take all the ghosts in stride as thier ancestors. I agree with you 100% though, it should be looked into, as well as the concentration camps. while it may not be politically correct, it makes sense that if you are looking for proof then you'd go there. I mean, they say gettysberg is haunted as all hell...

While I certainly respect your belief I must say that in all my studies there shows that something is indeed happening. Whether it is man-made from the mind (telekinesis or whatnot) or if there are actually ghosts I don't know. I do know that something is out there. I have seen and experienced it myself first hand. Some believe they are trapped souls while others believe they are demons pretending to be human.

I do know that the Japanese take their spirits a lot more seriously than us Westerners and for that reason I believe that Hiroshima and Nagasaki may be keenly aware of those people's passing in 1945. Japanese can be very secretive about their beliefs and just maybe nothing has come to light yet because of that very reason.

My gut tells me there is a story here. Maybe I should send it to the discovery channel or something...or at the very least Ghost Hunters International!

Thanks again for your comments!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I believe I heard one of the interviewees in Project Camelot, a whistleblower, saying that when one dies in these circumstances where there is radiation, the soul is disintegrated as well. And this is part of the Montauk Project, not only to reduce the population of the earth, ....but to completely eliminate the opportunity to come back and reincarnate. You can find it in projectcamelot.org. Something to think about if you belong to the elite as well, but they think their underground facilities are going to protect them. The White Hats are watching.

Area 51.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well heres a thought... Most ghost stories I'm aware of tend to portray lonely and confused souls. What's not to say that with the numbers involved that they were not able to realise and come to terms with death... Maybe even some 'outside' intervention helped and they all shrugged their shoulders and went into the light together??

That is just a thought - I have no real persuasion either way when it comes to the stereotypical image of ghosts! That is to say I maintain an open mind.

But the above would make a good premise for a story! - any takers?? (I want a cut)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Almost everywhere in Japan is supposed to be haunted. I've been to places that are supposed to be haunted and have seen nothing. Some people say they can hear ghosts in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I never heard them. I'm a non-believer in those things, although very curious about them. A Japanese ghost is called a "yurei" (幽霊). Maybe that will help your search.

edit to add:
When I was a teenager, I camped in Gettysburg with the boy scouts. Didn't see or hear any ghosts then either. Maybe I just can't see ghosts.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is believed that nuclear radiation from an atomic blasts destroys the human soul. Especially those that were close enough to be vaporized. Because it is believed that the human soul is made of hydrogen. If this is true, it would explain why there are not ghost reports from these bomb sites!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You probably havent found much because you werent looking in japanese I guess? I've heard lots of stories from people who claim to have seen ghosts there.

The most common report is ghosts approach the living begging for water. Some effect of the radiation poisoning before death made them desperately thirsty and after death they continue to plead and cry for water.

Another story says the burned in shadows of the victims burned into the buildings begin moving by themselves at twilight.

I read these stories and others on japanese messageboards but never thought to keep them, if I can find them again I'll link to them and try to translate some

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schlang
It is believed that nuclear radiation from an atomic blasts destroys the human soul. Especially those that were close enough to be vaporized. Because it is believed that the human soul is made of hydrogen. If this is true, it would explain why there are not ghost reports from these bomb sites!

where did you hear this?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

where did you hear this?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, I remember reading that lots of color footage taken by American soldiers after the bombs was recently released from being classified. The soldier/photographers either did not know the dangers of radioactivity or were told that it was ok to just walk around filming.

I don't know how to find it or where to look, but if you find it please post it here on ATS because people deserve to know what the carnage looked like in color. So that never again would it be used as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you google "Japanese Ghost," you will get 1.43 million search results. I've watch several Japanese ghost animations. So, Japanese must have many ghost stories which haven't reach outside Japan yet.

On the other hand, if you google "hiroshima 1945 ghost stories" you will get 84,400 results and interesting front page links.

Good Luck.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Great video, thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I lived in Japan for three years. I visited Hiroshima for 3 days. I felt absolutely NOTHING as far as spooks go. Nothing. It surprised me.

I lived in Kanagawa prefecture at Sagami Depot. It was VERY haunted. So was the main base at Camp Zama.

Here is info on Hiroshima ghosts and even where I used to live in Japan. Enjoy.

Shadowlands listing - Japan

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for the link.

I dunno, maybe SOME of the victims souls were vaporized in the blasts, Anything is possible. I just watched Destination Truth, They did an investigation at Chernobyl I thought it was a very good episode. A few odd things occurred.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Funny this should come up today. Yesterday I had a guy in my cab I was taking to the airport. I asked where he was flying too and he said the Philippines. So I got around to asking him if there was a lot of ghost or ghost stories from WW2. He said there were lots of them and sightings too. He also went on to tell me of his own sighting which freaked him out a bit.

Apparently they have built homes near a battlefield. He said he watched a whole platoon not only run across a field but run right through the houses like they weren't even there. Like they were in retreat. He also said sometimes at night depending on where you are, you can hear gunfire and what sounds like someone giving orders. Also mentioned many forest type areas the locals refuse to go into.
Was a interesting ride to the airport I must say!

Cool thread
now Im off to watch the videos!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A soul's essence cannot ever be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
2 years ago I went to Hiroshima during my vacation in Japan.I don't know too much about this but based on my experience I may have witnessed a sighting the day I checked out from the hotel.

It was around 6am when I saw a figure on the mirror in the bathroom, I didn't take a very good look since I was terrified but it was clear enough for me to tell that it was an man with burnt face and damaged clothes, when I looked to the back there's no one there. I was brushing my teeth without a phone or camera so I didn't have a picture of him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join