It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-mail from a Russian friend concering Russia and Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hey guys, I've been on this site for a while now and finally think I have something worthy of posting on here! Not sure if this is where I should post this so feel free to move it to it's rightful place. Anyways, I recieved an e-mail tonight from a girl who lives in Moscow, Russia concerning the Georgia conflict. I just wanted to see what you guys thought of this. (I did not edit this letter in any way except for deleting her name as well as mine)

"We watch from Internet the Great Lie! The reality is that Saakashvili FIRST bombed Tskhinvali on the Day of the Olympian Games! Georgian soldiers SHOOT Russian Peace-making armies, peaceful population FIRST and AFTER this only Russia moved army there to prevent further distraction. Remind Kosovo, and the US position in that case!
If you find the reality, that means your mind is free.

I have relatives there, in South Ossetia. And my heart tears apart because they felt such a disaster!!! They were sitting in basements. Without water. Without meel. Ossetian people implore for Russia’s help… There was no energy in the town. Batteries of mobile phones stopped working. There was no connection with them for a long time. Georgian’s soldiers found a lot of basements! They took out peaceful people – women, children, old men and killed them! Or more awful – they throw shells inside of basements!!!!!

Russian solders could take people out of Tchinval. Though Georgia attacked any transport at this road. This road is the only way out of this hell. Women say Georgia’s soldier knifed LITTLE BOY!!! Georgia’s soldiers drew women in a premise and burned them!!!!! There was a old woman who was running and two little girls beside her – Georgia’s tank RUN THEM OVER!!!!!

Hurt. Suffering. Anguish.

Believe me! I know it’s true.
It was Georgia that started the war. They KILL everybody who is ossetian person. It’s a genocide of ossetian people.

I can’t think about nothing but this hell that happens with my relatives and friends. Everyday I see that Georgia’s president Michael Saakashvili LIES to the whole world!!! …and you.

Please help me… You and people… have a right to know the TRUTH."

I will write her tomorrow night so if you guys have any questions you would like me to ask her let me know!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is common knowledge now.

But I think you wrote this. Please provide a picture with date of the letter.
She is strong in spelling but not at grammar?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why would I write that? It's an e-mail but I guess I can take a pic of my computer screen if I must lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed

This is common knowledge now.

But I think you wrote this. Please provide a picture with date of the letter.
She is strong in spelling but not at grammar?

Anyone can be "strong in spelling" by using a spell-checker. Takes 22 seconds or so.

Being strong in grammar, on the other hand, is much more difficult.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

That was rather harsh.

What is it that makes you think the OP wrote it? I had to go back and read it again to see if there was some type of "tip-off" but could find none. As for the spelling, I noticed meal was spelled meel.

As for all of this being known "now", could you provide some links to some of things mentioned in the "E-Mail" as I've been following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't remember seeing these things.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The writing appeared to be a very cliche message.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Where is she getting her information? Is this first hand knowledge? I'm assuming, since Moscow isn't really close to Georgia, that she heard this on Russian news. I would expect Russian news to say that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Where is she getting her information? Is this first hand knowledge? I'm assuming, since Moscow isn't really close to Georgia, that she heard this on Russian news. I would expect Russian news to say that.

True, with one correction -- Ossetians from Tskhinval, shown on the news, said that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The atrocities she mentions are going to need backing up but I have no doubt a bit of propaganda is spinning what happened in a certain way. I don't ever see a war with the russians. We love them too much now.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

True, with one correction -- Ossetians from Tskhinval, shown on the news, said that.

Well.. when Iraq was 'liberated' , we all saw images of 'Iraqi's' chanting and waving US flags, and the media ate it up.. and we know now how much of that was thruth..

The media are not about thruth.

The media are about polarizing opinions and making their target audiences forget to think for themselves.. it is true for Western society, and I have no reason to believe this would be different in Russia, or China, or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had a feeling that Georgia struck first about an hour into the breaking news reports. I am not going to be quick to jump on either side of the fence though because of how Iraq went down. We were lied to about Iraq, and most of us followed suit and believed what we were being told. I am not going to be fooled again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hey! you actually know the quote! ...unlike some President I could mention

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

top topics

join