It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have drug tests on future Presidential candidates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what your take on this is. I think that because so many people are making such a big deal over Presidential candidates having done drugs once in their life that perhaps having all Presidential candidates in the future would make this less of a campaign issue. Do you think that this would be a good idea? It would certainly lessen the focus of the campaign away from the topic of whether "X candidate did drugs" so they could debate about more meaningful issues.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure what your asking...It's late. Could you possibly re-word it for me

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
No... Drug tests are useless, the only drug they ever catch is weed... and, seriously a Candidate that prefers weed as his poison of choice would be one I might want to vote for...

Meth and Coke take under 72 hrs to leave your system... and, it's a big problem of drug testing that people jump up to these substances because they can get away with them...

I knew a girl who did Meth regularly and just stayed clean and got custody of her kids by not using 2 days a week and she was on the other 5...

It's ridiculous drug testing...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
accidently doubled

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Testing would do nothing to determine if "X candidate did drugs" only if "X candidate is on drugs".

Here's a thought. Instead of a debate, one candidate says "Here's my clean drug test, where's yours?"

Gives the expression pissing match a whole new meaning.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think that it would violate some right we have as americans. and remember that whats good for the goose is good for the gander(?), so we might all have to subject to this. granted, Bush is the most alcoholic(if you believe the rumors) pres. since Grant, and we all know obama did drugs, but I think it'd lead into an invasion of our privacy in the end. not good. and yes I have plenty to hide.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No! Maybe if they were all smoking weed than they wouldn't have such a war monger mentality set in their head.

Maybe we would actually be a peaceful nation for a while.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Anybody that wants a drug test for the candidates should watch the Bush video in my signature.

I actually think they should have drug testing for congress, all white house staff, basically every federal employee who's in charge of something significant. I'm sure they already have.

I got to take one at my work and I don't have to pass legislation.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If i have to take a drug test for any pity little job that i apply for, then i only think its fair that the higher ups do as well.... Remember it's a War on Drugs, so all battle fronts need to be taken.
no exceptions, no one is above the law.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
If i have to take a drug test for any pity little job that i apply for, then i only think its fair that the higher ups do as well.... Remember it's a War on Drugs, so all battle fronts need to be taken.

I still think drug tests are a violation of our privacy. and unlike 'some" people here I dont even smoke weed. I just think that as long as you do your job, dont bother you. that said when I see people at there job talking about smoking a blunt or wtv is cool, I think they should be fired

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

Originally posted by Optix

I still think drug tests are a violation of our privacy.

I really agree totally on that, its a way for an employer to make a moral judgment on you as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Screw drug testing. But here's a though... instead of electing lawyers how about we REQUIRE a PhD in political science and economics in order to qualify for the upper jobs? I mean, would any of these people like it if their dentist had a degree in French literature??

new topics

top topics

join