It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a quick, embarrassing question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I recently moved out of home after 21 years of being looked after by the parents better than I ever realised.

Now my question is this:

Is it okay to wash my coloured boxer shorts and socks and stuff like that with my white shirts? I know you're not meant to mix colours with whites usually, but would it really matter with boxers and socks??

Cheers all!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

If they've already been washed lots of times, it should be fine - as long as you don't put anything red in the wash. Anything red = everything pink.

I wash all my socks and undies of various colours together and it's not a problem.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Thanks a lot!

Luckily I have no bright red underwear - yet. So I should be all good.

It just felt so wrong to have a completely seperate wash for only 2 or 3 white shirts. Such a waste!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Glad to help.

The dye in dark clothes usually bleeds for about the first 5 washes and from then on it's OK to wash them together. A good test if you aren't sure is to soak them in the sink for a bit and then wring it out. If the dye doesn't bleed into the water, you're safe.

It is a waste of water to make a load for only 3 shirts.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
just to add to what Duzey said, washing in cold water will stop colors from bleeding as well as fading so wash in cold water and you should be fine

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just another tip. If you're ever in a pinch and do just need to wash a few items, letting them soak in Woolite in the sink.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As long as noneof the clothes are terribly new then it should be fine. Even red stuff.

If I seperated clothes thenI'd be doing laundry for a week!

top topics

join