It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, obesity is now the second major killer in this country, right behind tobacco.

Well, first, people, excercise. Second, if you don't want to do that, then stop eating at fast food reasturants every day. Third, if it your kids that's becoming wider than they are tall, take away the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, computer, so forth.

Sorry, but suing Mcdonalds cause you fat is like suing a train company cause their train didn't kill you when you tried to commit suicide. Wait, she won 10 million dollars for not being killed.

Or saying it is school's fault cause of the food and they have pop machines? Ok, if your kid becomes fat off of the stuff at school, then they have problems. I ate school food, it was a slab of process meat with a side of process vegetable and a thing of milk. And sorry, you could drink all the pop in a pop machine in a day and not gain the kind of weight the people say a single bottle of pop causes. Have you seen them? According to them if the kid drinks a bottle of pop he gonna gain 20,000,000 pounds. That is making fun of them, they don't actually say that, but according to them the kid gains all the weight at school and people should sue the school.

People, WTF! Either eat and excercise or eat like a rabbit. I like to eat, so I excercise.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey. If people want to eat themselves to death just go ahead and let them. They have been told the dangers of it so if they dont decide to lose the weight its their problem.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is nothing like universal solution...

>>more>>>>>www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It isn't the food so much, it is the couch potato lifestyle. I have many friends who eat a lot of unhealthy food and work out like 3-5+++ times a week and by some miracle they are not fat.

Sitting on the couch eating all day is going to make you fat; running, swimming, even intense stretching, anything that makes your heartbeat burns enough calories to see results.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here are some word you guys need to look up, hypothyroidism, metabolism, heredity, those are just a few factors in some people's weight problems. Its not all cut and dry we are all made differently, some people could live the exact same lifestyle you all do, eat the same amount of food and do the same amount or even more exercise and still gain weight.

new topics

top topics

join