It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we require drug tests in order to draw welfare?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think it's a bad idea because :

a) it would add a TON of cost to the system

and most importantly

b) drug test are easy to beat

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Well then why not just start executing everyone on welfare now as a pre-emptive action?

I could support that.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Why... because the reality is that... just because your mom and dad is a parasite, it doesn't mean that their children will be, genes are funny things... many, many... like half probably or more, of their children grow up to be...something better.

Not everyone is born in apathy, I have seen time and time again...kids from f'd up parents make a major go at life... the fat trailer trash lady sitting on welfare with 5 kids... a few of them won't end up like her...

The ones that do...are born that way... I firmly believe upbring has an impact but...for alot of kids it just doesn't seem to...some kids are born with drive...se horror there whole lives and make up their minds to do better

and placing them in foster care won;t change the ones born a mess...and will only damage further the ones who aren't

I am using...extreme examples to make a point, most people on welfare are lazy... perhaps lack morals too in many cases but...aren't inhuman...

just stupid... and there will always be 10% of us that are the stupidest 10% not capable of functioning as well as the rest...

if you kill the bottom 10% there will still be a bottom 10% and the new bottom 10% will be..... as incable in a society that has now raise d the bar as the last 10% was...

so what do you do kill them too... eventually you will find yourself...the bottom 10%

so it's best to be greatful for the skills you have and not punish the less capable or genetically insufficent...

and..in the end, your not going to kill kids...so what do you do with all those children anyway?

Pay for them...which would be far more expensive... than welfare was in the first place...

there is no violent soultion... there is no governemnt change that will work...

10% of the people will always be the dumbest 10% and 10% of the people will be the brightest...no revolution or governemnt or religion has solved what is... an unsolvable situation...

Mercy in feeding them... and not having to deal with them personally is...the sanest, least expensive, most humane and viable soultion

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

If I paypal you a few bucks, would you stop using ... in ... every sentence...?

How about you cover my share of being humane, since I am tired of supporting parasites?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Lol... I can't friggin do it man! I don't know how I picked up the habit, I just keep hitting keys when I am thinking for a second, it's worse than smoking.

Haha I only do it when I am "talking" as in being in a forum, if I were to edit I would remove them of course.

LOL don't kill me along with the homeless K, we all have our faults

Seriously, If you make 500.00 a week and your total taxes are 120.00 and around 1/3 of that is your ss (which hopefully you will actually use)
one day) that leaves 80.00

of that 80.00 1% of your taxes goes to welfare That's .80

So your paying 80 cents a week if you earn 500.00 a week, to feed people

and just for that.....

lol because the welfare debate is Moronic...

None of you are paying $h17 for these people, virtually nothing

What it really is, is a personal resentment and condition of your own lifes frustration being taken out on people who for .80 a week are kept completely out of your hair.

But hey, if murder is worth that .80 and your that sure you don't have an immortal soul to worry about, you go right ahead

I'll be right behind you, reading a book or something, trying not to watch and being depressed over the stupidity of it all

If you don't like being a Worker than go into business, the poor aren't taking your money or making a single solitary financial difference in your life.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
and I don't need a few bucks, which by the way is far more than your paying this week for welfare recipients

..................................................................................................................................................

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I do in fact own my own business.

The money isnt the point, the fact that welfare is Unconstitutional is the point. I dont care if it only cost me a fraction of a penny per year, income redistribution isnt authorized by the Constitution, nor is it a viable solution to the problem.

Tough love is whats needed.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Fair enough, but I would also require drug and ALCOHOL tests of Senators and Congressmen. Random and often. Some of their actions indicate they may be impaired.

I also propose forced sterilization for any man who fathers a welfare child.

[edit on 8-20-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Somebody didn't think this idea through;

In Canada, Drug Addiction is a disability.

Do you have any Idea how many people would fail those drugs tests on purpose? Then we wouldn't be able to deny them coverage and they would have to go the normal route of giving the Gov. a doctor's note stating their condition.

Real clever you guys - must have been an idea originating in the UK....pathetic

[edit on 20-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Drug addiction isnt a disability. People WILLINGLY choose to begin doing the drug of their choice.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Big tough guy on the internet kill the poor, own a business but can't stand .80 and then when I show you for the moron you are you bring in helping people out as bing unconstitutional

I know money and plenty of people with it, the subject of welfare reform never comes up except from the mouth of working class people who can;t afford their own lives...or politicians pandering to them

so sit there and make up bs stories as if you could ever touch girls as hot as I do anyway, because we all know women Love petty, cheep, unsympathetic guys

what business do you have Can collecting or donating Plasma or returning used Dvd's?

nice to goof on my pauses when you have absolutely nothing to say, I admit it's a better come back than the usual grammer attacks people with no opinions and enough free time to sit and dot over their posts on a forum usually use when they have no legitimate reason for their views nor any sense to them.

Unconstitutional how? all taxes are unconstitutional, you don;t have money, people with money don't spend time researching how the govt taxation is illegal, they don;t care pal, it's always some shlub who is an inch next to the kind of people your talking about, I'm happy to pay taxes because I know how to use my money, i could care less that 1% LOL 1% of the Federal budget goes to welfare.

Of all thwe petty things to whine about, 1% of the us budget to feeding people and you think on some level this affects anyones lives?

and tough Love? that's why you make a bs comment about pictuires of my girlfriend lol, because you just like you don;t have money don;t have a girlfriend either, your cheap, your angry, your frustrated your poor and your a nobody that thinks by bashing someone less than yourself you can make your life better

Do like the rest of the loosers do and get a dog to kick around

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

[snip]

Not all taxes are unconstitutional, but then again, if you knew the Constitutional at all, you would realize that.............

[snip]

[snip] Nothing in the Constitution authorizes government to take money from one and give to another in the form of welfare. Nothing.

1%? hahahaha your source for that number is........?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

Mod Edit - removed insults.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Where do you Nazis come from? Forced sterilization?

How pathetic can a persons life be that in the free world you would advocate something like that?

Don't you know, you absolute show your a nothing when you say things like that?

You just give it away that, you never made it in life, that your frustrated and angry, that your one step above welfare yourself, maybe you even have a home that you can barely afford, but only someone paycheck to paycheck sits and concerns themselves with what the poor are doing.

Bill gates gives Billions away to oher human beings, that's the mind set of success

Put any comments or insuts you like up in retturn anyone with an education, some money and a life knows that anyone talking this garbage has nothing to fall back on.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The federal government,

what are you 19? why even come into debate anything if your only going to prove to anyone with a brain your a child, or never grew up in anyway

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I agree with you - to a point.

But being a doctor I have a different perspective on addiction - since I have personally caused thousands of addictions, to varying degrees of severity.

Medication is sometimes addictive. Medication is sometimes necessary. It can be a tough call to make.

The Government In Canada considers addiction to be a disability, even if you did it to yourself. Drug Testing would help speed up the process of getting on disability.

Pretty sad eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Nazi's? Far from it. Why should welfare parasites have the opportunity to produce more mouths for the taxpayers to feed?

Of course, if they dont like not being able to have kids, they could always get off of welfare.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

No, ya see a source is actual proof. Lets see your numbers. Not just "duh durrrr, the feds durrrr".

Post the proof.

link   
I think the last time I used a random bs rankout about screwing someones girlfriend I was in HS, what do you think someone reading this would possibly think that is real.

It is ultimate proof you don't have a girlfriend lol, you reveal alot with your words, you should try reading sometimes, it helps

what's next nyah, nyah, nyah

what else you have to show your a miserable person who can't care for others because you have no life yourself?

come on just throw me the F bomb, it's about the best you got

link   

You are a pathetic piece of something, and it does not smell very good. You should be ashamed of the way you treat people on the internet. People like you can get away with hiding behind a keyboard because you know in real life somebody like me would hand you your teeth. Simmer down and behave like an adult for a change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join