It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ghost Hunters real?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
I believe it's a real show, because one ep. I remember seeing, they went to this resteraunt/ball room or such... but called off the investigation after finding out the building was rigged with "ghost" to scare, and bring in, customers.

the thing with that is that they knew about that stuff before going in. The restaurant they went to doesn't hide the fact that they use those things in their restaurant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Personally, I believe the show started out legitimately, only to succumb to the reality of broadcasting and ratings.
The only time I can remember something extremely obvious was during one of their live episodes, with the tugging on the back of the jacket. I remember reading all over the net about how they used a string. The buzz on the web was also about the guest investigator, I believe, and him saying that he could hear the "voice" in his earpiece. That, for me, was pretty powerful for showing that the crew could be staging some events.

Even if they just "faked" evidence to have an entertaining live show, their credibility is ruined in my opinion. If it happened once, it will in all probability happen again.

On the other hand...None of us know how much time they spend investigating, or how many cases they go on that do not make the air. Also, we don't know how far in advance the episodes are filmed. The longer the time between filming and airing could possibly allow for more investigations. I don't know how many shows are in a season, but say there were roughly 12 episodes...That means anywhere from 12-24 investigations, assuming they show either one or two investigations per episode. 24 investigations would mean 24 trips, setting up all that equipment 24 times, etc...I wouldn't think they would do more than one case per week...There are 52 weeks in a year. Actually, it is starting to seem like they do just film the episodes they are going to air, instead of leaving out ones with no evidence. This, to me, increases the probability of fabricated evidence to increase ratings. If so, they usually go about it in an intelligent way, splitting the difference between "extreme" and "believable."

I don't know if anyone can follow my logic above, and I apologize if it didn't make any sense. It's after 5 in the morning and I haven't been to sleep yet. So there is my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think not. Or they hide very well.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join