It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Guards Face Prosecution Over Killing of 17 Iraqi Civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Blackwater Guards Face Prosecution Over Killing of 17 Iraqi Civilians

www.timesonline.co.uk

Six Blackwater Worldwide security guards have been notified that they could face prosecution in America for shooting dead 17 civilians in Baghdad’s Nisoor Square in an infamous incident that provoked fury in Iraq.

The Blackwater employees have reportedly been sent “target letters” by US prosecutors telling them that they could face charges for opening fire at the crowded intersection on September 16 last year.

The move was welcomed by human rights activists, who have long complained about US private security in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My guess is that this will go nowhere, like everything else does when it comes to accountability for atrocities committed by these mega corps. But it at least puts the pressure and focus on them so they know they can't as easily skirt the law without being held under scrutinity in the future...

The shootings sparked a crisis in relations between the US and the Iraqi Government, which threatened to expel Blackwater. In negotiations on a new bilateral security agreement, the Iraqis have pressed for all foreign personnel to be subject to Iraqi law.

Washington has agreed to place contractors under Iraqi jurisdiction, but is still refusing to allow Iraq to put US troops or officials on trial. Blackwater, based in North Carolina, has announced that it is moving out of private security and will concentrate on training, aviation and logistics.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah, i dont think blackwater will let these men get tried for war crimes. i saw a different thread on here by some dud e named Weird One or something like that about something similar to that. Sorry if i butchered the guys name.

what is this bilderberg word i have to enter to post this reply?

join