It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist, released in a hostage exchange, living free in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what people think of this story. A terrorist, who was sentenced to 17 years in Greek court and was released months later in a hostage exchange, is currently residing in Canada.
Im curious because the man obviously didnt "pay his debt to society" as we say but was released due to another terrorist act by another group of terrorists.
I wonder how the family of the man that was killed by this man feels, knowing that he literally got away with murder?

Source

Forty years ago, Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad, a former teacher, joined the terrorist group the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. On Dec. 26, 1968, Mohammad and another gunman launched an attack on an El Al airliner at Athens International Airport. The two ran up on the tarmac firing guns and, throwing grenades at the passenger jet, wounded a flight attendant as she opened an emergency exit and killed a 50-year-old passenger, Leon Shirdan. The gunmen were captured, tried and convicted in Greek court, and they were sentenced in 1970 to serve 17 years in prison. But they were released just months later after the PFLP hijacked an Olympic Airways flight and demanded their release as part of a hostage exchange. In 1987, when a much grayer Mohammad arrived at Canada's doorstep, his entry visa made no mention of his terrorist act. Canadian authorities later determined Mohammad was a convicted terrorist, and they ordered him out of the country. Yet Mohammad, having repeatedly appealed government orders for his expulsion, has extended his stay for 20 years. He still resides in the same house in Brantford.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think someone ought to do to him what he and his fellow terrorist did to Leon Shirdan. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

I guess I just dont understand why hes been allowed to remain free all of these years, when the reason for his release was because of yet another terrorist act.
There is nothing in the story to suggest that he was given a pardon after the hostage exchange, rightfully so.
I know the Canadian Govt says they wont send him to a country that will torture him, freaking bleeding hearts, so why not put him in jail in Canada.
Stories like this really piss me off, I cant believe more people on here havent expressed the same outrage that I and im sure the murdered mans family feels

I guess the last sentence in this story sums it all up.. The guys NOT sure if he should be concerned, then asking the reporter "Should I be concerned"
What? The guy doesnt have an opinion of his own? Waiting on the press to tell him how he should feel.
Ive really begun to lose faith in all of humanity because of comments like that.

Mohammad calls himself a freedom fighter, not a terrorist. Either way, he is living free in Canada, which doesn't seem to bother his neighbors. "No, I'm not concerned," said Gayle Cunningham, who lives nearby. "Maybe I should be. Should I be? I don't know."

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Stories like this really piss me off, I cant believe more people on here havent expressed the same outrage that I and im sure the murdered mans family feels

Because if you call yourself a 'Freedom Fighter' a lot of people feels it's OK to take innocent lives in the name of your cause. They won't care until it's them in the sights of the 'Freedom Fighter', then it'll be too late.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Yea but these islamic radicals DONT fight for freedom, they fight in the name of a God, whom they base islamic and sharia laws around.
They use these harsh, brutal and discriminatory laws to rule over the people using fear and intimidation.
The clerics and and mullahs can interpret and twist these laws and even the Koran itself, to fit whatever task that they believe needs accomplished.
For example, its said that the Koran states that life is sacred and suicide is strictly forbidden. Yet these clerics manipulate the meanings of some versus in the Koran so that they can shape the minds of young Muslims with lies and innuendo, telling them that in the case of (fill in the blank)_________
Suicide Bombings are ok, even if they kill innocent women or children because it will martyr them and martyrs will receive a reward of 72 virgins in paradise. Again im told that this is completely un-true and there is no such sentence or verse in the Koran that states this.

Yes, they fight for the freedom to kill their daughters, sisters or mothers, if one or all of them embarrass the family name and they get away with it using the words "honor killing" as their full proof defense.
They also fight for the rights of a father to have his pre-pubescent daughters circumcised so that they wont be tempted with infidelity or premarital sex.
I keep hearing that this is all untrue though and that Islam is truly a peaceful religion that it teaches to love men, and women equally, yet makes no mention of tolerance for other religions, yet I've read some versus that were translated, that specificaly forbids a Muslim from becoming a friend with or even recognizing people of the Christian and Jewish faith.

Yes, thats truly a peace loving god whos peace-loving ideas are written in that peace-loving Holy Book called the Koran.

new topics

top topics

join