It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portrayal of black presidents in (mainly) disaster films/tv shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Something I have just randomly thought of while reading the "Neo's passport" thread. If TPTB do drop hints of their "plans" in mass media eg films and television as has been suggested by some... I think this warrants a bit of investigation.

I have noticed a few disaster flicks and shows that have a black president. A few that I could think of off the top of my head were Deep Impact (Morgan Freeman), the upcoming disaster movie 2012 (Danny Glover), there was the black president on 24 who was assassinated... Idiocracy could be argued to fall in this category...

Can anyone think of anymore?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I could be mistaken, but I believe that the second 'Left Behind' movie portrayed a black president.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here are a few more, not necessarily disaster movies, but maybe some more material for your hypothesis.

The Man (1972) = James Earl Jones
"24" (Seasons 2 and 3) = Dennis Haysbert
"24" (Season 6) = D.B. Woodside
The Fifth Element (1997) = Tommy 'Tiny' Lister
Head of State (2003) = Chris Rock

Personally i just see Hollywood making black presidents as their way of staying out of any judgment against them that they have race bias.

I do think, however, that a more interesting theory is whether Hollywood has paved the way for a black man to become president by creating movies that the public embraces and slowly softens them up to the idea of a black president.

[edit on 19/8/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yea, I don't particularly hold any stock in the idea, it was just an observation I made in light of recent conversations about media manipulation.

Maybe someone else can make all the connections... There seems to be a good amount of apophenic "theorists" on this website.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There could very well be something to this.

One thing I noticed growing up... NYC obviously had a plan to gentrify lower brooklyn along Manhattan...

The years David Dinkins was Mayor... Crack ran rampant, the subways never worked in those neighborhoods so no one could go to work, the police stayed out of them... and the area became something from a apocolyptic Movie with drug dealers sealing off the streets and bonfires raging and if you weren't buying dope you wouldn't walk there because only that kept you safe...

As soon as Guilliani got in... boom back came the cops, on horseback...

Now you could go with the racist theory and say Dinkins was a crap Mayor...

Or

assume as I do that David Dinkins was used to gentrify potions of the city so Guiliani could come in with horses and bulldozers... nowadays that area of Brookly is Mod... it's got building going up, might as well be in Manhattan and you can of course just walk over the bridge...

My guess is they used the Black guy as the scapegoat to tear it down and rebuild it...

My guess also is... this is Obamas purpose...

I, honestly don't think it is coincidence that the Neo Cons put... the pasty unappealing wierd McCain in this as their best hop against Obama... they could have done better

People think Bush was planning on staying in office...

No, Obama is being set up for the false flag/ disaster they have planned...

so in

We willingly usher in ... ?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nice theory, I have thought of something similar - Obama certainly has that "sacrificial" sheepish/scapegoatish look about him.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

This has the ring of truth to it.

Wasn't the ruling bad guy in 'Escape from NY' a black guy? Can't remember the actor at the moment. Or was it a musician?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have totally thought about this. I just thought I was spending too much time on ATS.

But think about it...Morgan Freeman a least a few times, right? Wasn't he also the voice of the President at the end of War of the Worlds?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alushe

This is quite an old thread but though I'd give it a bump (4 years later) because I have noticed this independently also!

I do think there will be earth catastrophes of EPIC proportions in our life time... while Obama is president. I really do think he will get elected. For those who think he is THE antichrist, this thread would be of interest for sure.
edit on 18-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
In the Robin Williams movie "Bicentennial Man" he plays an android that goes before the "Grand Council" (or some such nonsense) asking to be declared 'human' - the old white man playing the President refuses his request. Many years later, when the android asks again, President Marjorie Bota (played by African American Lynne Thigpen) grants his request.

So "old white guy" = bad person while "hip African American woman" = good person.

If it wasn't so prevalent I wouldn't say it but because it's so obvious all I can say is "brainwashing at its finest."

edit on 18-6-2012 by NosmoKing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join