It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At JFK Airport, Denying Basic Rights Is Just Another Day at the Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

At JFK Airport, Denying Basic Rights Is Just Another Day at the Office

www.alternet.org

I was recently stopped by Homeland Security as I was returning from a trip to Syria. What I saw in the hours that followed shocked and disturbed me.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is getting kinda scary, it's like I don't even want to visit the U.S. anymore.

I went to JFK a year ago, people looking muslim got a red tag on their folder and were told to go some room and weren't seen again, probably they waited for hours too.

Land of the free?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah this article is believable. When I few back from iran (well actually from Frankfurt) the homeland guy was VERY rude. There were a couple of people in front of me, and one guy questioning them (from middle eastern countries) and he was so rude to them. He was a nasty little tyrant that found the perfect job abusing people who had to take it and say they liked it, else they would have wasted their money flying over here.

He started giving me attitude too, asking me why I was there, even asked if I visited mosques and I got mad (long flight, cranky traveler syndrome) . When he asked me why I seemed "hostile" that was it, I got out the soapbox and started ranting "I am an American citizen and I do NOT appreciate being..." and that was it. He waved me past. He was horrid, but what was he going to do to me? Send me back on the plan to Germany? The Germans wouldn't have gone for that idea.

Really, extremely rude, extremely bad behavior was displayed. Disgusting and shameful.

(Edit of course if the Iranian customs people had been jerks I would have kissed up to them big time, as it was an expensive ticket and they could have bounced me out in a heartbeat).

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Sonya610]

new topics

join