It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great UFO footage to be shown on the Kevin Smith show tonight 8.19.08

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I don't mean to be promoting the Kevin Smith show tonight, but if you want to see some of the most clear/compelling UFO footage watch the show tonight. That's all I'm gonna say. The footage was taken in Arizona in 2002.

I couldn't watch it, but since no one even took a screenshot, I guess it was not worth.

So whats your definition of "most clear/compelling" ?

And if such compelling footage is there since 2002, why everyone is sitting on it?

Remember guys, the radio stations are a business, not research orgs, they are in entertainment biz, and interested in only money. If you need anything compelling go to mufon etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
particular religious faith have perhaps substituted these phenomena as a pseudo-religion.

Believe it or not, it is a life long ambition of mine to either prove their existance or prove that our government has deliberatley created this stuff to divert our attention from the existance of highly advanced aviation tech.

Well on this one I will agree its not great evidence... too many things wrong to be 'orbs' But is you say "it is a life long ambition" I gotta ask ... what are you doing towards that? Snooped around any good .mil sites lately?

like http:hyperspace.nrl.navy.mil?

Oh yeah ... ya can't get in there
But that is where the other space program is hiding AND the other tether

Nice url huh? has a nice ring to it...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I couldn't watch it, but since no one even took a screenshot

here you go...

added this one also just so we can look at some more of the evidence

i may have missed some of the video so i dont really know if these are the best pictures that could have been captured.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
this one caught my attention because it looks like one of dorothy izatt's ufo's

this is a picture of one of the UFO's that Dorothy Izatt had captured and the critter ship looks a little like the above picture taken from the video off the show last night.

just thought i would share that observation....dont know if it means anything other than many people have seen these type of UFO's

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I didn't think this kind of blatant advertising was permitted on ATS? A guy who knows this Smith guy posting an open invitation to come and listen (and watch) his friends show... Whatever next! Ronald McDonald inviting all ATS members to come along and sample his new quarter pounder! Or Colonel Sanders inviting us all to revel in the delights of his twelve piece bargain bucket.. . Oh come on, no more of this please. By the way, if you need a plumber I know this great bloke.. . !

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nice thread thanks for the info star and flag for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

It's also really annoying that you can't watch it outside the US.
I'm in the uk and the op comes on every few days hyping this show up and i can never watch it....any help?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

What does fast food restaurants have to do with UFOs? Your analogies make no sense in reference to the OP's post, unless you're trying to make a connection that isn't there.

As far as the UFO goes, I'm not sure what to make of it. The UFOs seem to be similar to those seen in the tether incident, but they're not as defined, so I don't know.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
no offense mate, I've read a lot of your threads... some out there stuff... but it does seem your starting to shake off this phenomena.

None taken. Nope, I'm not shaking it off, I'm pretty much where I've always been...that there's a whole ton of misperceptions and outright frauds. Too many.

What people don't realize about the whole tether thing is the way cameras react to close proximity debris.

In this case people call the debris discs. Well ok, if thats the case, why is it every one of them is orientated flush to the camera?

Because they aren't discs.

The camera iris/lens is trying desperately to focus on objects too close to make out, and are light compared to the blackness of space (Hence also the reason for pulsing, coupled with debris tumbling).

It's really another case of people not knowing the dynamics of cameras, and particularly cameras in the environment of space, added to that the transmission to earth, resolution, etc.

There are rules of evidence. What doesn't pass the filter has to be chucked. There's an overwhelming body of evidence, that the tether shouldn't be added to. But thats my opinion, as I work in this every day.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

easynow, thank you very much for the stills and now I know why we can't call it "compelling"

These are just out of focus lights, bad camera and grainy compression. So UFO or not, they are heavily misinterpreted.

I have posted many images in the past showing how the light source takes shape of the camera aperture, when out of focus. People even use this effect to make pretty shapes on their pics. Here are some more I found.

Edit : jritzmann, I agree 100%. Common people don't have any knowledge of camera anomalies, and tend to brand anything they don't understand as ET.

And, one more thing which I should add here, the dark bands and other odd shapes are due to objects lying in between the source and camera and obviously, they are also out of focus.

[edit on 20/8/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

well i have to agree that this so far ...is not compelling , but i do find it interesting that alot of these have the ' notched ' feature. some have one notch and some have two.

is the over sampling of the camera causing this notched feature to appear ?

i would like to see some more pictures that recreate the ' notch ' effect that is clearly evident in these photo's.

what i also find interesting about this video is that the lights or whatever they are seem to be in pairs, almost as if they had a reason to hang with each other.

i did add this picture to the above post and it may be evidence that the shape of these critters may be in fact camera amomalies or over sampling of the light.

when the light first appeared in the video it seemed to be just a small dot and as it got closer or the camera was zooming in on it.... it started to change shape and got this star look to it as it got bigger.

i think we need the full video to watch again... to determine all the factors here , but seeing the video up to this point (the screen shot) does make me think its a defect of the camera struggling to compensate for the light differences.

just some observations and i think ufo's are some tricky little mysteries that warrant consideration of many possibility's.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
anyone capture the footage and post it anywhere......

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If you are going to quote me please quote me correctly. You missed part of my statement which began, "people of no...." The result of this was a quote which sounded like perhaps established faiths have incorporated these phenomena into a mainstream religion.
As far as my life long ambition, I have done extensive investigation into reported sightings in and around the various areas of the U.S. that I happened to be residing in at the time. My conclusions thus far have been ambiguous at best. Some conclusions that I have arrived at are as follows.
1) Almost all instances of UFO sightings have been within 150 miles of a military base.
2) Almost instances of sightings have occured by a single individual. Until very recently group sightings have been very rare.
3) No photo or video images that have been captured have been sufficient to qualify as evidence of anything other than,lens flare,atmospheric phenomena,lightning,sattelites, or aircraft.
4) Less than 1% of sightings have been "unexplainable" in any scientific manner. Blue Book,as it was a Govt. project is not even remotley trustworthy as a collection and collation of cases.
5) There is exactly 0 physical evidence that has not proven fraud, mis-identification or natural phenomena. I do concede that it is likely that government agencies would have "dissapeared" such evidence, if it presented itself.
6) There is 0 definitive evidence that this has actually happened, regardless of cases like Roswell, NM, rural Pennsylvania, and N.E. Canada coast. No evidence is available, and this fact leads me to conclude that as of yet it appears that the Govt. is only trying to distract attention from Aurora or similar aircraft tech. projects.
On a personal note however I am still of the opinion that it is possible that there is other intelligent life in the universe, but as of yet in my opinion there is 0 evidence other than statistical probability on a universal scale that such life exists, ie., Drake Equation, and other mathematical models.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
reply to post by spookjr

Could we honestly have expected anymore than that?

When you have been told that it is very important footage, some of the best and clearest ever, then yes! Of course you can and should expect more!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Yet again, a certain member is pimping his favorite radio show, taking advantage of ATS's prolific web traffic out of the kindness of his heart I guess, lol. Since I get accused every other day of being a paid disinformation agent (because I refuse to swallow the loads of bunk that ignorant members post here every day) I am going to accuse you of being a paid dissemination agent for the Kevin Smith show. LOL.

I don't mean to be promoting the Kevin Smith show tonight.....

Yes you do, you do it all the time like clockwork. Sometimes with the all the trappings of typical ignorance threads....you know the double exclamation marks!! on some lines...heck even going so far as to post multiple times (bumping..ahem..your own thread by reply to every reply almost in real time with nothing that adds to the thread..but hey, it bumps it right?) during the show. You do anything you can to keep the thread up there. Seriously, check out some of your latest "KevinSmith" lovefest threads. I counted like 6-7 replies from you on the first page of one, like you were hovering waiting to bump it every time it dropped down or something. Pretty transparent. Give it a rest, we get it, your in love with and/or getting paid by Kevin Smith.

but if you want to see some of the most clear/compelling UFO footage watch the show tonight. That's all I'm gonna say. The footage was taken in Arizona in 2002.

This is a PERFECT example of what I am talking about above. What an ignorant thing to state. Almost as if your trying to build hype around everyone watching his show. You have been around and know how things are treated in this section of ATS, so you know damn well what you are doing when you state ignorant things like this, don't you?

And you know what......"most clear/compelling UFO footage" my foot. Thats all I'm going to say, dig it?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

I agree, and unfortunately, this footage, in my opinion, judging from the fact that the videographer appears to have made no effort to focus and eliminate lens abberation, is nothing but empty sensationalism and does not lend any credence to his claims.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm going to call in and ask a question live on the air. Listen for Eric from Atlanta.

Thats another point I made above. Yeah great, anything to get your free (or paid, lol) advertising bumped up for Kevin, huh?

Come on man, you know we are not that ignorant around here right? Your post above is as useless as this post is, except I actually used it to make a very valid point concerning your actions and motives concerning Kevin Smith.

Have you made a deal with ATS that allows you the unfettered right to transparently promote a for profit show on their website?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by easynow

they're showing the footage now!

yes you're looking at Kevin Smith sitting and talking!

Keep watching!

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Anyone getting the drift yet?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
reply to post by zorgon

If you are going to quote me please quote me correctly. You missed part of my statement which began, "people of no...." The result of this was a quote which sounded like perhaps established faiths have incorporated these phenomena into a mainstream religion.

That part was a joke... hence the
to a UFO Lighten up

As far as my life long ambition, I have done extensive investigation into reported sightings in and around the various areas of the U.S. that I happened to be residing in at the time.

Fair enough... but this is the first post I have seen you express this seriously

4) Less than 1% of sightings have been "unexplainable" in any scientific manner.

This is one main reason I spend little time looking into UFO reports especially on ATS... with all the hoaxes and phony pictures it would be a lifetime career to keep track

Personally I have stated my opinion on many threads on what I think they are
80% critters, 15% our military particularly the triangles, 5% 'visitors'

To me critters makes the most sense and I have explained extensively in the other thread... can I prove it? Not yet I haven't caught one yet

You won't get a clear picture of one, (critter, visitor or ours) unless the later two are parked on the ground with their 'engines' off. I think most serious researches know this and understand why... I can give you the basics (still working on an outline page on this) but not right now...

I DO know that my research has struck a nerve on many fronts and has brought a lot of 'interesting' people my way

The 'image experts' can try all they want to steer the focus in a direction they want... and for some reason people keep dragging the tether through the mud. That's okay... because there is a lot more to that story than most know... I will go into that as soon as my authorization comes back that it has been cleared...

As to THIS video... I am inclined to go with lights in the distance. The black line on the barbell one appears in the video to move across the object... If I had a copy of the video I could look at it frame by frame but I am sure it will come out on youtube eventually

So it seems though its a life long dream, you have 'proven' to yourself that there is not really much there...

Fortunately for me I have a team that seeks for me

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You're an idiot. I called in with a question. I didn't state I thought the footage was great, I simply asked a question. I don't get paid for anything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join