It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Watched Monsterquest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hope I have posted this in the right area. I was approached by a researcher for the TV series called Monsterquest that airs on the History Channel for a program on Mutilations. I have never seen this series myself and wondered if anyone here has and if so, is the series is any good? I have turned down so many over the years because I don't approve of their agendas and/or how they present the material. I am not familiar with Monsterquest. Has anyone here had any experience with them at all?

Thanks in advance!
Yay my first new topic post on ATS! Hope I didn't mess that up.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think you should've put it under the monsters category. I like MonsterQuest but I haven't seen that many episodes.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I like Monsterquest. The only complaint I have is that it seems like a 30 minute program that is extended to an hour by repeating the same stuff/facts after every commercial. Other than that, it's a pretty good show.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

A lot of documentaries are like that. They keep reminding you, as if you're that forgetful.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it's pretty good. I had expected it to be skeptical and dismissive. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't. In fact, it really doesn't support any particular point of view. It gives you the information and let's you decide for yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. What annoys me is those programs that choose to over exagerate and blow things way out of proportion to suit their own agendas (either for or against). I have no problem with skepticism. Keeps us grounded and forces us to delve further, re-examine our approach and so on. If the program can provide the information 'as is' without supporting any particular view then it might be alright. I will consider this one then.

Thank you for your help with this.
Barb

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think they are using the repetition tactic so it is imprinted in your memory so you don't forget. If you read it once, chances are you'll forget it, read it 6 times, you'll start catching on.

I like the show, but like ParaFreaky, i haven't seen too many episodes. I'm not a die hard fan. I usually catch UFO Files on the History Channel and that's it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have seen all the episodes and like the series. But the problem I see with it is they don't do enough investigation to be able to come up with much in the way of results. Each subject could really be a whole season it itself, at the very least.

The topics are interesting and I have learned some things I did not already know.

I have read much on mutililations and it is such a complicated subject I don't see how they could do it justice on such a short program. But it's a great topic so I say do it!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's a link to an episode, there are others available on the site as well.

MonsterQuest

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
I hope I have posted this in the right area. I was approached by a researcher for the TV series called Monsterquest that airs on the History Channel for a program on Mutilations. I have never seen this series myself and wondered if anyone here has and if so, is the series is any good?

It's not too bad. The information is presented in a straightforward way without a lot of obvious debunking going on (That's left to the National Geographic channel). And one nice thing that I like about it is that they don't try to add a lot of drama to the investigations. If they find something interesting, it's mentioned without too much spin. If they come up empty-handed -- which happens more often than not, as you would expect -- they show that, too.

All-in-all, it's entertaining and informative, but you won't find very many "stunning revelations" in it. That's not the way the show is presented.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok. Thank you. I have replied to the email and have postponed any talks with them until spring of 2009. Have too much on my plate right now. Will see how it goes and will find out how they intend to approach this particular program before I make any commitments.

Thanks again everyone!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Apparently they want to start filming in September. I am not in a position to just drop everything for September filming so I have referred them on to John Rhodes and also Linda Moulton Howe. They expect this particular episode to air sometime in February of 2009.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Monster Quest will actually test the DNA and other evidence it finds. The eyewitnesses are usually salt of the earth type people, and many times they are given lie detector tests which they pass. The show gives both the researchers and the skeptics a voice, but does not try to debunk like others may do.
I love your avatar!

PS What creature or cryptid were you going to deal with?

Also, they usually make about 13 to 20 episodes per season and may film your portion later. If the start in September, the shows may not air until January or later of next year.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I get tired of programs like this and "Destination Truth" where they spend an hour to find NOTHING.

At least the Ghost Hunters on SciFi Channel get EVP's or something (and even they are wearing a bit thin).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hi kidflash2008

I am an animal mutilation investigator. I was approached because they are doing a program on mutilations and wanted to work with something tangible by way of evidence for their show. Besides my own lab, any evidence I collect is forwarded to a lab in the States and is examined by scientists there. We run every imaginable test. I will not allow just anyone to tamper with any evidence I collect. Media included. I will share more about my work one day soon. I have postponed appearing on ATSMix as a guest at least until I am done working here in Maidstone and am back at home in Paynton (about 2 to 3 months time). Johnny is a good friend of mine and has been for a number of years now. He knew me when I was operating the UFO Research center here in Saskatchewan. He also did the intros and outros for my own radio show back then.

I guess if I was interested in doing TV shows I might jump at the chance to be on Monsterquest but really I am more interested in the research end because that is why I am involved. Next year I am about to embark on something new and exciting which will help other researchers with these types of cases. I doubt I will be ready for any more TV appearances for another few years. I have things I want to do first to help further the work along and I will reveal what that is when I speak with Johnny on the show.

LOL my avatar is my cat named Jasmine. She is quite the character. I was tempted to place one of those small liquor bottles next to her to make her look like she was passed out drunk but she woke up before I could do that. I did have my own ugly mug posted but I think she looks way better than me!

Zane, I have never seen Destination Truth. I really grow tired of these shows they have out there. (For me the worst is Most Haunted. Is anybody there?...noise....ahhhhhh.) When I was into haunted investigations I was approached by 3 different companies to take part in new paranormal series but I wasn't in the least bit interested because I don't approve of their agendas. I shouldn't even go there because it gets me worked up. LOL All I can say is that I am proud of myself for standing up for what I believe in and sticking to it. I am not one to run off and go against what I believe just for the chance of having some fame. I am happy where I am. A nobody just doing her part to try to get some answers.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Not to hijack, but what happened to UFO Hunters on History Channel?

Those guys at least gathered evidence on more than one occasion.

Of course, they never got their hands on an alien, or anything, but the episode where the so-called alien implants in two guys were transmitting a radio signal that stopped as soon as the implants were removed...THAT impressed me.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just an update:

Aug 25/08 Monsterquest (History Channel) researcher Saskia de Boer has asked if I would join the Monsterquest (History Channel) team for this episode. I have reconsidered assisting and have agreed.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

That's really neat.

Do you have a website you can link up now? How about a picture so we know who to look for in the broadcast.

Good luck and happy filming!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thank you. Yes I do have a website. Am I allowed to post the link?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I just finished spending the past three days filming an episode on animal mutilations for Monsterquest (History Channel). The team consists of Leo (producer), Frank (sound man), Andre (camera man) and myself (uad investigator). It was an excellent experience! I will let everyone know when the episode will air. I expect it will be in the New Year.

top topics

join