It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor Moreau 21st Century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The last few weeks has seen some interesting news....

Bigfoot stuffed in a Freezer... (Seems it was a hoax after all) It really WAS the costume

Bigfoot a HOAX
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Montauk Monster...

Hoax? Viral Marketing? or washed up from Plum Island?
www.montauk-monster.com...

"Montauk Monster" Was a Hoax

And the Chupacabra... still kicking live...
Chupacabra Video Filmed by a Texas Police Cam

Here is the other one the Rancher shot in 2004 in Texas

Then we look at the Science Headlines...

Animal-Human Hybrids Research Approved in U.K.
May 20, 2008 ... Amid stormy debate, British lawmakers have voted to allow the use of human-animal hybrid embryos for stem cell research.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

British scientists say the country's progressive environment has led to many firsts, such as the first test-tube baby and the world's first cloned animal.

Creating hybrid embryos involves injecting an empty cow or rabbit egg with human DNA.

A burst of electricity is then used to "trick" the egg into dividing regularly, so that it becomes a very early embryo from which stem cells can be extracted.

A google search for Animal Human Hybrids brings up 'about 387,000 for animal human hybrid'

Scientists' plea to use new hybrid embryos | Science | The Observer
Aug 26, 2007 ... The government recently shifted its position on animal-human hybrid embryos: having been initially against the concept, it is now proposing ...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy
Jan 25, 2005 ... Mice with human brain cells and humans with pig tissue are only two real-life examples of chimeras—creatures that are part human, ...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Mice with human brain cells
Pinky and the brain really MIGHT take over the world afterall...

Animal-Human Hybrid Embryos a Reality
Aug 10, 2006 ... “Parliament should follow France and Germany and prohibit the creation of animal-human hybrid embryos.” It is not, however, only in the U.K. ...
www.lifesitenews.com...

Well France and Germany will still be human....

Bush is against it...

BUSH: A hopeful society has institutions of science and medicine that do not cut ethical corners and that recognize the matchless value of every life.

Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms; creating or implanting embryos for experiments; creating human-animal hybrids; and buying, selling or patenting human embryos.

Human life is a gift from our creator, and that gift should never be discarded, devalued or put up for sale.

President Bush's State of the Union Address January 31, 2006

Even in 'Art" we are seeing this...

urbanlegends.about.com...

Continued next post...

[edit on 19-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Internet emails have been full pictures like the 'human dog' above... and the weird sea creatures

Blob Fish...

Fish that washed up after the tsunami that hit southeast Asia in December 2004
pets.webshots.com...

These pictures were used in an email scam to get money...

So what's going on? Is it simply an influx of hoaxers? Or is it a plan to desensitize people to weird hybrids? Or are we slipping through time lines and picking up strange beasties?

Remember the coelacanth? A prehistoric fish thought extinct...

Genetic sequencing of prehistoric fish could reveal how animals evolved to live on land
news-service.stanford.edu...

MARVELOUS So lets splice in some human genes to prehistoric fish

Prehistoric Shark Found!

adorablay.wordpress.com...

Now the really scary part...

I mentioned Plum Island at the beginning

At the Plum Island Animal Disease Center, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has an important job.

We work to protect farm animals, farmers and ranchers, the nation's farm economy and export markets... and your food supply.

Plum Island is located off the northeastern tip of New York's Long Island. USDA activities at Plum Island are carried out by scientists and veterinarians with the department's Agricultural Research Service (ARS) and Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).

So far so good...

But then we see THIS

"We're proud of our role as America's first line of defense against foreign animal diseases."

Okay great news....

Now THIS...

"We're equally proud of our safety record. Not once in our nearly 50 years of operation has an animal pathogen escaped from the island."

NOTHING HAS ESCAPED??
What's there to escape

And WHY is Homeland Security setting up shop there?

USDA and DHS Working Together

"In 2003 the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) joined us on the island, taking responsibility for the safety and security of the facility."

www.ars.usda.gov...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is rather disconcerting...in an understatement of epic proportions. Specifically DHS taking over on Plum Island (that has let no pathogens loose...), taking responsibility for the safety and security of the facility.

As for the rest... I do suspect it is, as you suggested, an effort to inure us to witnessing weirdness.

What are they planning...?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Very interesting that Montauk is not far at all from Plum Island. Makes you think what if the Montauk creature was an escapee, and that is why its so hard to identify.

But I think this is a unlikely scenario. Research facilities that use animals are built with many layers of security. You would need many idiots working together to let anything escape to the outside.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The future is a scary place, a scary place indeed.

With all the new technology being created, as we become more and more dependent on computers, and now this.

The reason i'm replying to this is because, when reading this, it reminded me of batman beyond. I can't remember what year it was set in, but it was in the future, I would imagine around 2050-ish? Anyway, one of the "new" types of ways to do body modifications (equivilent to our peircings, insertions, eye coloring, tatoos, ect.) was to get gene-spliced. What they would do is, splice your genes with the animal of your choice to morph you into a dog-man, lizard-man, pig-man and so on. Could we really be that far off from this in 2050?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nothing has escaped, my butt. It's pretty well known that Lyme disease came from Plum Island.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1 7 7 6
Nothing has escaped, my butt. It's pretty well known that Lyme disease came from Plum Island.

Yeah, but what do you expect them to say, eh? (Rolling eyes in disgust of the NWO.)

Any links on that, BTW? Would love to delve into the information.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Well Lyme Connecticut is just North of Plum Island. I read somewhere (I think on Wiki) that they kill any deer or other animals that swim to the island.

Working in the animal research field myself, with some BSL-2 agents, I still find it hard for anything to escape. Not saying its impossible. Back 15-20 years ago bio-level security was a lot different.

But I did find this article that was interesting

DHS took over responsibility for Plum Island from the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002. In a fact sheet issued last week, the department said the 50-year-old lab is "nearing the end of its lifecycle" and will be replaced by a new National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF) with a stronger focus on bioterrorism. DHS is launching a study to determine the facility's mission, its preferred location, and whether it needs a biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) lab, the highest level of biological containment. The study should be completed by 2006, and the facility could open in 2011.

Few contest that the dilapidated complex at Plum Island needs an extreme makeover. But adding a BSL-4 facility, or moving it, is controversial. Because most of the diseases studied there--such as foot-and-mouth disease and classical swine fever--don't infect humans, the lab operates at BSL-3 plus, which resembles BSL-4 except that researchers don't wear space suits. Scientists have long argued that the U.S. needs a BSL-4 facility for agricultural diseases to allow the study of agents, such as the Nipah and Hendra viruses, that sicken farm animals as well as humans.

source

So at least they are admitting that the facility is run downed and a upgrade is necessary.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thanks for that... I will look into it.

There is also another weird incidence some years back... a good article on it in Wiki...

The Catch of the Zuiyo Maru

On April 25, 1977 the Japanese trawler MS Zuiyo Maru picked up the following badly decayed carcass

The foul-smelling, decomposing corpse weighed 1800 kg and was about 10 m long. According to the crew, the creature had a one and a half meter long neck, four large, reddish fins and a tail about two meters long. It lacked a dorsal fin. No internal organs remained, but flesh and fat was somewhat intact (Sjögren, 1980 and Welfare & Fairley, 1981).

Discovery

On April 25, 1977, the Japanese trawler Zuiyo Maru, sailing east of Christchurch, New Zealand, caught a strange, unknown creature in the trawl. The crew was convinced it was an unidentified animal (Bord, 1990), but despite the potential biological significance of the curious discovery, the captain, Akira Tanaka, decided to dump the carcass into the ocean again so not to risk spoiling the caught fish. However, before that, some photos and sketches were taken of the creature, nick-named "Nessie" by the crew, measurements were taken and some samples of skeleton, skin and fins were collected for further analysis by experts in Japan. The discovery resulted in immense commotion and "plesiosaur-craze" in Japan, and the shipping company ordered all its boats to try to relocate the dumped corpse again, but with no apparent success. (Sjögren, 1980).

Zuiyō Maru

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
So at least they are admitting that the facility is run downed and a upgrade is necessary.

YIKES

And this..

"...will be replaced by a new National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF) with a stronger focus on bioterrorism."

So when they tear down the old facility just how do you destroy a biolab safely?

So Montauk, Lyme and Plum all in the same vicinity... very interesting. I don't believe in coincidence

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i dont know how you do it Zorgon,

another amazing thread !!

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hey there Zorgon, howya doing! Nice thread here...although I think that Bigfoot costume kinda looked better when it was in a freezer
. Anyways heres an official alaskan bag of mystery flesh for you and your thread. It seems appropriate. Naturally, it sounds like it disappeared....

One person in Mekoryuk – Nunivak Island’s only village – thinks the smooth-skinned corpse might be the beast, the qaqrat, rumored about in local legend.

Others have speculated the body was of a walrus, an elephant seal, a small whale, or a dolphin.

The whereabouts of the carcass, whether any samples were taken, or even if it has been revisited and bones gathered, are all unknowns.

www.cryptomundo.com...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You know what's really odd?

My dad is an engineer. Before I was born, my family used to live right near Montauk. The weird thing is that my dad just recently left for Texas, Houston.

He's working on something he's not allowed to talk about at Johnson Space Center.... in Building 44. The building where that scientist supposedly flipped and shot a bunch of people. They never did elaborate on that story. He was joking with me before he left about going and "playing with the aliens", but what was bizarre was he had this nervous laugh about it.

Coincidences? I dunno, but it feels weird... considering all that I've seen in recent years.

Things ARE getting weird, Zorgon!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dover England?

No data on this one..

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I read that the military has had genetic experiments in underground bases across the country. What I have read is that humans are abducted with the help of the Grey aliens and they are turned into half human and half non human creatures. I don't know if I believe in the alien stuff but I would not put it past our government to do strange hybridization experiments with people.

www.subversiveelement.com...

From within this site if you haven't discovered it already.

www.beyondweird.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Dover England?

No data on this one..

Serious? Im about 5 minutes away from Dover as I sit here typing and I have never seen or heard anything about this?!!?!?!?!
Where did you get this from?
Its kind of cat-like, but would like to know more for sure!
Regards

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
All of these animals, bar the human dog (an artistic rendition of an animal-human hybrid) appear to have some human genome. They don't look like anything recognisable.

The human-dog was part of some kind of exhibit. It was sculptured and on display. When it first appeared on the internet, I checked out the source. It was an artist depicting the human-animal hybrid and how unethical it was to combine the genomes.

The others are clearly real, especially the one with it's intestines and such-like. It looks like these experiments with animal and human genomes are going on in secret somewhere and the failures are being dumped.

new topics

top topics

join