It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice: Military Power is "Not the Way To Deal in the 21st Century"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Now KEyhole, we all know that Bush and co. are not using millitary might to prove a point get a message across or anyhting like that. They are fighting for our freedom and to protect the world from evil. We all know that.

wow i hope you're being sarcastic... at least use the "barf" smiley next time..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

Good points marinesniper.

It is so easy to say "oh hypocrite, hypocrite!" However, there is a lot at stake for peace in the world over there. Remember America AND its allies went to war with Iraq, don't forget the other countries involved.

It is clear we bumbled Iraq bad. Our initial intentions there were for WMD's, we all know how bad that went down. However, in the end because we have honored our word and stayed to help the Iraqi people have some form of stable government in the region, everyone on the planet is safer. We will pull out within the next year or two.

Russia is pissed off about the missile defense shield we are going to put up and America is pretty much tied up in Iraq and Afgan. So they knew we were short handed and marched their a**es down there and stomped around. In regards to 'hypocrite" Did Russia have years of open public and world debate about the Georgians wanting to be a free nation? Did they warn them for years and years? No, they went straight in and blew the crap out of them. (if we acted like that, we would already be blowing up Iran)

To me it is obvious neither the Americans nor the Russians want to have a face to face conflict. The Russians fear that we are going to open up their borders so they will not be able to defend itself if we decided to attack... I think even the white house knows what would happen if we tried to attack, boom its over. So it is very silly for Russia to think we would attack.

There was some other talk about America's 'hypocritical' nature by using our economic might.
Do we use our economic might on countries? you bet we do! Isn't that what we want? the entire world to be able to have fair trade and free societies? Why not? I think we would compete rather well as a country.

to make a long story short going to war with Iraq was/is completely different than what happened between Georgia and Russia.

In final, If you really want to talk about our moral authority, please take into account the fact that American government and its citizens have given more money, aid, and medical treatment to the people of the world than any country ever in the history of man kind put together. We have consistently bailed the world out of trouble. Our people have died to make the world a better place. So we go out to stamp out some dictatorship of evil intent in an attempt to set her people free and you want to say 'hypocrite'...? I don't remember us even asking them to pay a bill on that. We the people are paying for their freedom it is time for people in America to wake up. We are a great nation, we do good in the world, we stand up for peoples freedom. I mean come on, get off the hate train you could be living in a tent in the middle of the desert not sure if you were going to eat today or have water today or get shot by your own government, or put into prison because you said the government are Hypocrites! Have your beliefs, but moral authority? You want change you start running for local office and work your way up.

www.american.com...
"Q. Are Americans more or less charitable than citizens of other countries?
A. No developed country approaches American giving. For example, in 1995 (the most recent year for which data are available), Americans gave, per capita, three and a half times as much to causes and charities as the French, seven times as much as the Germans, and 14 times as much as the Italians. Similarly, in 1998, Americans were 15 percent more likely to volunteer their time than the Dutch, 21 percent more likely than the Swiss, and 32 percent more likely than the Germans..."

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
One word response....

Hypocrite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Krikey.....

This woman has no brains what so-ever!! It's like someone else said in another thread, if you grab a dogs balls & squeeze, you better be ready for the consequences!

This is about 2 things (from what I've read): pipelines & Iran.

Most people know how Russia has re-built it's economy due to Putin stepping in and grabbing Russia's assets back from the oligarchs. That means the gas money flowed into Russia, and they are know back as a world power . They started the Bomber runnings again recently, and are showing the are still to be respected. The US doesn't like this - they want to be the undisputed number 1.

This Georgia thing - well it's very complicated...One thing I read this morning is how Israel has been getting it's little dirty fingers in the pie there. Having 2 airfields to it's access, which will help an attack on Iran. This game is far more complicated than what we know...but facts are starting to emerge which 'says' "Hey, the damn pesky Russians have foiled our plot with Israel to go after Iran, and eventually control most of the land to their West - we better start doing something!"

So, Rice goes and starts pissing on the bears feet....and now she's trying to grab it's balls....listen lady, you ain't going to get a dog bite, and a simple tetanus shot - You're looking for a mauling....and you're going to take the world down with you. Leave this bear alone, so we can all see our days out in peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The thing is that this is the new GOP statement that is obviously being pushed out there because McCain said the SAME exact thing last week on a radio show.

For those that are trying, only a few so far, to defend this new line of attack (pure and simple reverse psychology), I can't believe you are buying it.

It's another example of how they understand the psychology of their people. The KNOW for a fact that if they say it over and over like they did with the '...in the form of a mushroom cloud" fear mongering BS that people will swallow it. They will now make it look like they are the good guys and try to set the table for the next puppet in McCain. Am I saying that I back Barack? Nope. Neither one of these guys have won my backing. I just know for a fact, after watching the many jokes and statements about bombing Iran made by McCain, that he is NOT even in the running for my vote anymore.

It's pathetic that people keep trying to tie 'patriotism' and 'fighting for our freedom' to this BS. They are the ones that seriously need to wake up and take the red flippin pill.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Um, the United States uses the UN to try and sort things out politically.

When the corrupt UN and its third world cronies fail to act the US then acts often at the request of others.

Georgia did not invade any country those area are part of georgia, so it is an internal affair which russia used for its own purposes. They did not ask the international community to act they just invaded.

Also do not be naive. All countries interfere with each other when it is believed to be in their interest. The US just happens to be the only country that gets into the world wide mainstream media on a regular basis. Since everyone envies the US they pay attention to what we do.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
just my opinion coming from a US Marine/American Iranian...

I'd like to see if you'll be signing this tune when we begin dropping bombs on your former countrymen for their oil. Just think, pretty soon you'll find yourself doing this.....and dehumanizing your own people by calling them "sand-n****"

Or beating up kids....who only want you the hell out of their country...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I think the odds in Vegas are even money that Rice will end up burning in hell. Call the Mirage to confirm.

Honestly, it should be way past the point of being reactionary about what these warped individuals say anymore. Take care of you and yours, the time is near.

Peace
the odds on her having an accident (( assassinated )) before bush leaves the whitehouse are better..

[edit on 21-8-2008 by fatdad]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am truly offended by this, does she really think we are that stupid.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeHawt
I am truly offended by this, does she really think we are that stupid.

Yes. She really does. And for the most part, unbelievably, she's right. There are some posts cropping up that point out that America AND HER ALLIES went into Iraq, and that that was totally different, and blah blah blah;
The fact remains that what Rice said flies directly in the face of facts.... namely that the country she purports to represent to world leaders 'deals' with military might CONSTANTLY.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, as they say, a lie, repeated enough times becomes....
...oh wait, that was LAST century, we're ALL linked to the net now.

What a moron.
When she finally gets whats coming to her, can someone send me the YouTube link? Her expression should be priceless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, as they say, a lie, repeated enough times becomes....
...oh wait, that was LAST century, we're ALL linked to the net now.

What a moron.
When she finally gets whats coming to her, can someone send me the YouTube link? Her expression should be priceless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi all..

a message from DarkWarrior(GLP)

a gift for Condileeza Rice...

We are sending you a new shovel with which to dig your hole even deeper.Ms.Rice,you are a pompass,hypocritical ass in the manner which you slither about issuing threats and ultimatums.I will inform you,Ms.Rice,that you are a known liar,traitor,and war criminal without any legitimacy at all.Your ill gotten power no longer exists.

You will,of course,use your new shovel to pile up even more lies and empty rhetoric against those that stand in the way of your total world conquest,but,at the same time you are digging your own hole even deeper than you can ever imagine.Your lies,obfuscations,obstructions of justice,fraud,mass murders,genocides,treachery,treasons,and war crimes have been and are being duly noted.Bushes 1 and 2,Cheney,members of the PNAC,New American Century,Congressional traitors,... are all on the fast road to your own destruction.

Ms.Rice,you shriek like the banshee you are about Russia's invasion of the US puppet state of Georgia,while you ignore your own illegal invasions,renditions,tortures,illegal use of banned Weapons of Mass Destruction,mass murders,and genocides of two sovereign countries of Iraq and Afghanistan.Shriek away.It will do you no good as the world will not turn their eyes away from the mass murders of American citizens you perpetrated and then lied about on 911,your endless lies about Iraq and Afghanistan,your subversion of American Constitution and Rule of Law,your assassinations of Benzair Bhutto and others,and your efforts to destabilize the entire world.

You,Ms.Rice,continue to regurgitate your same old lies,propaganda,and threats as you seek to do as much harm as possible before the noose settles over your heads.

Your betrayal of your puppet in Georgia has resulted in your loss of the $100 million pipeline you built in secret with American taxpayer dollars and has illuminated the world to your back door deals,thefts of monies not yours,unlawful use of American taxpayer dollars,and your conspiracies with Israel for world conquest.The world clearly sees now why you tried to plant Paul Wolfowitz into the World Bank and why you insist upon keeping criminals in the US banks and Treasury.Your scheme is revealed for all to see.You have nowhere to run.You cannot lie to the American people and the world any longer.

The World Court is aware that you have been murdering those that have given evidence against you in hopes that such evidence will not ever be heard.I assure you that all evidence against you will be heard.We are all aware that after you murder those that will put you away,you dirty their reputations and memories with vile lies,pointing your bloody fingers and accusing them of what you,yourselves have done.Make no mistake,Ms.Rice,your murders,treachery,and lies no longer serve you.

Your hours are numbered.The 4th Nazi Reich will not be realized as you and your co-conspirators will hang by your necks until you are dead.The choice is yours whether you hang by decree of the World Court or by your own betrayed citizens who are prepared to drag the whole rotten lot of you out into the steets and introduce you to Justice.Bush 1 was,is,afraid of just that.

"A chink in the armor of the Illuminati is exposure.They hate exposure. Be safe,be well." Dark Warrior

my gift to condi rice..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Or you could just start off running for a position in your local township or county. Half those tickets run unopposed, and nobody at that level has much of anything in the way of connections or campaign funds. Win a small office, go to collage on a government/private grant, make some connections of your own. Then run for a more prominent seat in your local area.

Of course it's next to impossible for some joe-blow without a proper education or wads of cash to burn to interject themselves directly into deep end of the political arena. You have to work your way up from the bottom. What's the matter, doesn't anyone in America want to put an effort into things anymore?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
theres a storm acoming. You know just before nature's hell breaks loose on the high plans, the wind rips every which way and you can't tell up from down, right from left, but there's a moaning and groaning in the background coming your way...like a big load coming down the main drain...well, it's a'happening right now. Putin seems to be whining something like "hey, wait a minute guys, you said we were buds from now on...and look, you're using our space station and...we got your back on the Iraq job..and...what's going on guys?...puttin me in a box here...hey. come on, now." Putin, lately "Well, F.. it that's the way you want to play...im goin home and get my big bad bear brother to straighten this out."

I just cant seem to cast Putin as the only bad egg in the carton.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Rice is right, past history has shown that military power is not the way to deal in the 21st century. You have seen what the U.S. military has done and failed to do. Why won't you guys admit that what the Russians are doing is going to fail as well?
If the U.S. can't do it, then the Russians can't do it as well? As people have said violence doesn't solve anything. Are we wrong?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know how I wish we DID "deal in the 21st century"!

I wish that there was a vote mid term through the presidents term, if he gets an approval rating of over 50%, he gets to keep his job, if not, he's out!

NEXT!

Either the runner up in the election or hold an "emergency" presidential election!

Oh well, I know it wouldn't work, but I'm just soooo tired of waiting for this president and his administrations to get the
out of the White House.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caliwowly1
Russia is pissed off about the missile defense shield we are going to put up and America is pretty much tied up in Iraq and Afgan. So they knew we were short handed and marched their a**es down there and stomped around. In regards to 'hypocrite" Did Russia have years of open public and world debate about the Georgians wanting to be a free nation? Did they warn them for years and years? No, they went straight in and blew the crap out of them. (if we acted like that, we would already be blowing up Iran)

Excuse me, but do you have any idea what happened in Georgia recently? I mean have you actually read a news report, or did you just hear somebody shout "Russia attacked Georgia" as they walked past your office?

Georgia has been a free country since 1991, before the Soviet Union collapsed. The events in Georgia have nothing to do with their freedom, and yes they were warned for years and years - to stop slaughtering the South Ossetians - that's why the Russian peacekeepers were in S. Ossetia in the first place.

In final, If you really want to talk about our moral authority, please take into account the fact that American government and its citizens have given more money, aid, and medical treatment to the people of the world than any country ever in the history of man kind put together.

I'm sorry but that's a fantasy as well. Of all the countries giving foreign aid on a per capita basis, the US is behind Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and The United Kingdom. Only Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece and New Zealand give less per capita than the US. Per Capita Foreign Aid 2004 Tsunami Donations

Have we done good things in the world? Yes, absolutely and I hope we'll do good things again in the future.

Are we doing good things now? No, absolutely not. We are playing power politics with the Middle East and the Baltic States, and fabricating threats to do it. We have become the real threat to world peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Ummmmm really no need to post a thread about this I mean who here actually thinks that Rice has a single braincell left after her black panther days? She's been known to say incredibly stupid things and has only been beat out by one man... I'm sure we all know who that is.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

We have consistently bailed the world out of trouble. Our people have died to make the world a better place. So we go out to stamp out some dictatorship of evil intent in an attempt to set her people free and you want to say 'hypocrite'...?

You are right. People on both sides have died and that is terrible. It is contradictory to say your making the world a better place by killing people.

1. Rice stated,
"Russia is a state that is unfortunately using the one tool that it has always used whenever it wishes to deliver a message and that's its military power. That's not the way to deal in the 21st century." OP's Source

2. The US is did or is doing something very similar, if not the exact same, as Russia (according to Rice's quote).

3. Rice represents the US in her statement.

4. Hence, Hipocracy.

I don't remember us even asking them to pay a bill on that. We the people are paying for their freedom it is time for people in America to wake up.

Well the thing is, if I had a choice, I would redirect all of my taxes (since taxes are compulsory, I think...) towards everything of a benevolent means, cause, and manner. War is obviously not one of them.

We are a great nation, we do good in the world, we stand up for peoples freedom. I mean come on, get off the hate train you could be living in a tent in the middle of the desert not sure if you were going to eat today or have water today or get shot by your own government, or put into prison because you said the government are Hypocrites! Have your beliefs, but moral authority? You want change you start running for local office and work your way up.

Well, if the American Revolution and every nuance of the story is true and if my understanding is correct, then other countries need to learn to stand up for their own freedoms. I am not saying helping people out is a horrible idea. It just seems to have a detrimental effect upon our country. The balances maintains. It really is a shame because I would love to help other countries out and free them of any tyranny, but if it means sacrificing human lives on both sides during the process, I see it as more lose-lose than win-win.

There has to be around war, there just has to be.

Everything is relative. Remember that. No empathy means no compassion and no compassion seems to lead to negligence for others, for lack of a better word.

This is all I can muster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join