It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice: Military Power is "Not the Way To Deal in the 21st Century"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This level of hypocrisy is actually bordering on breathtaking. How do they even repeat this stuff with a straight face? And furthermore, how do the people standing in the room at the time they make these statements not simply burst out laughing? Absolutely incredible.

Anybody wondering where American credibility in the world went need look no further than statements like these. It's become a total joke.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyteskye
This level of hypocrisy is actually bordering on breathtaking. How do they even repeat this stuff with a straight face? And furthermore, how do the people standing in the room at the time they make these statements not simply burst out laughing? Absolutely incredible.

Probably paid enough not to burst out.

Anybody wondering where American credibility in the world went need look no further than statements like these. It's become a total joke.

Agreed. A friend just came back from Honduras and I got the impression of something similar to your statement coming from him.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Rice has got to be one of the worst Secritaries of State in American History...

But, she may be the prefect embodiment of the American woman...

She is single
Childless
Undesireable
and unable to think things out...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I think the odds in Vegas are even money that Rice will end up burning in hell. Call the Mirage to confirm.

Honestly, it should be way past the point of being reactionary about what these warped individuals say anymore. Take care of you and yours, the time is near.

Peace

I would take a piece of that action in a second.. Seeing that there is no such place as hell..

As for Rice....... Bahh she is only spouting off what she is told to say. She is a puppet just like bush is.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What adds more to the hypocritical gas bagging from Rice is that the US has gone after terrorists with a bazooka - and terrorism still exists, and Afghanistan has turned into one big poppy field.

So they've dealt with the problem with a massive military machine, yet it's 'blame the Ruskies' for everything else.

This whole thing is looking sleight-of-hand. There must be some damn big things going on in the background right now (think Iran) and the US would love nothing more to have the Georgian issue as a distraction.

And all the while Rice is flapping her chops about missile defense!!

They say Abkhazia and S. Ossetia can't be independent, but just a few months ago Kosovo was created.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I see Condi Rice is doing her level best to aggravate Russia into doing something stupider than attacking Georgia.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
What I find incredible about this is not the fact that the morons in the White House say such things, its is that other world leaders - even the Russians - don't come out and call them on it.

Either they are all a bunch of spineless lemmings, or they are saying such things and the media is not reporting on it. I think its probably a combination of the two.

It's the latter. Other world leaders and their minions do come out and call the US on it, jn fact, there were several Russians questioning the US response to the Georgia issue comparing it to Kosovo, but it is rarely, if ever, reported in US media. It does tend to reported in European media, but still tries to spin it to make them look "bad" or "crazy".

You just have to take in a wide variety of media and sources and you're most likely to get the most balanced view then.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It's the latter. Other world leaders and their minions do come out and call the US on it, jn fact, there were several Russians questioning the US response to the Georgia issue comparing it to Kosovo, but it is rarely, if ever, reported in US media.

Kosovo is the analogue huh? I guess I need to read up on that but damn. Presumably that is true so I guess the US government and their puppets know how much war we can tolerate before we all go off the deep end.

Suppose we never went to Iraq and Afghanistan. Its probable we would have intervened in the Georgia happenings.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is borderline insanity, this goes past hypocrisy and it surely doesn't help garner world opinion when its so obviously contrary to policy of the current administration. Rice needs to be addressing the issue instead of being drawn into remarks such as this.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The idea that anyone could say such a thing after the last 8 years leads me to believe that we have a certain mental health issue going on inside her head. Im afraid to say that we are being dragged down to the road to oblivion by people who live in their own alternate reality, where they honestly and totally believe they are untouchable and have absolutly no sense of right or wrong.

Someone just press the button now, Im sick fed up of it all and so, so angry. Get up off your backsides now America and do something other than moan and groan on here !. When they come for your family it will be way to late to do anything about it. And before you say, " listen to you", Im Scottish and we would not put up with the evil, self indulgent nonsters that they are. When our time comes to defend our freedoms the Scottish will fight together as one, not as individuals.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by captiva]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I can't beleive I'm responding to this but my reply to the ricinator is: "oh piss off".

Gets the point across in a nice and quick way, without wasting much more server space and unwanted finger strain on such a nasty piece of work

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Do you guys ever feel like backseat quarter backs...? If you are so knowledgeable and know that he or she is evil, this and that is bad, the US is bad... I have an idea, take you lazy arses out and run for local govt, state assemble...do something other than demeaning people you do not agree with.

Just a thought/// Change change change...means maybe you should do some changing and not expecting or worshiping someone else because you think they can do it for you...

I used to be skinny and weak, I was tired of it and when I saw a muscular guy I found a reason to insult him...why because I was jealous. Now I have 8% body fat and am 252lbs at 6ft. I did something instead of always complaining.

Also if you back Russia I suggest you move there then...if the war ever reaches our shores you winy anti-military/war wimps will be the first to eat. it...

just my opinion coming from a US Marine/American Iranian...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sure I'll Run for government Position, Got any money for my campaign support, my pay offs, my fancy background coming from " insert wealthy family here ", oh yeah, and the many friends I will need in a gov. position just to get that gov. position, or blackmail, not to mention be a family member of a rich company who has ties to a gov. member ( gotta love that one, so classy )

If it was that easy just to get into a state senate, or even a Secretary of anything, Not to mention a higher up more " able " job well then I'd do it, only one problem, Our Government doesnt want people in it that will try to change without following the status quo of ...."no change, just rearrange".

As a Ex Air force crew chief, and you as well if You are a Marine sniper, or if its just a username, either or should know or understand that if something works for your best interest, you dont change it. IE. " present time "

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Rice claims, "countries don't use military power to deliver a message" now. Talk about a hypocrite! Why does she utter this nonsense when she was right in the middle everything that has been happening the past 8 years.

Why you ask? And it's probably been answered here a couple times in this VERY long thread. It's because they are pushing for a new 'COLD' war. The 'War on Terror' is being spotted for what it is. Just like it was foretold in the 'The Lone Gunmen' pilot. They even used the same terminology that this administration uses today and since 911. The war on terror is a farce and the people are starting to see this. Now they need to reshift it back to the 'evil' Russians and the amassing of military might.

Both sides will benefit from this.

It's the common theme of this and many other administrations. They KNOW that what they tell the MSM to tell us is what the bulk of the people will end up believing. They know that if they tell a lie enough that eventually people will take it for truth.

It's a big fricking joke and we are the brunt of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

I have no seen one of this post since 2004, I said it before and I say it now the closes we get to election this type of post will become more and more the norm until the elections are over.

Been there, seen it all.

I am actually having deja vu.

Priceless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
Do you guys ever feel like backseat quarter backs...? If you are so knowledgeable and know that he or she is evil, this and that is bad, the US is bad... I have an idea, take you lazy arses out and run for local govt, state assemble...do something other than demeaning people you do not agree with.

Just a thought/// Change change change...means maybe you should do some changing and not expecting or worshiping someone else because you think they can do it for you...

I used to be skinny and weak, I was tired of it and when I saw a muscular guy I found a reason to insult him...why because I was jealous. Now I have 8% body fat and am 252lbs at 6ft. I did something instead of always complaining.

Also if you back Russia I suggest you move there then...if the war ever reaches our shores you winy anti-military/war wimps will be the first to eat. it...

just my opinion coming from a US Marine/American Iranian...

Wow, such hostility. I guess the Marines suit you. Anyway, I HAVE looked into running. The great thing about this system we have (well, the system that has been built over the past century) is that it caters to the wealthy. It's either you pony up your own funds (and it's a LOT OF MONEY even for simple local gov positions) or you get support from the party you are forced to choose between. Even then you still have to have the money AND the time. That would mean giving up my full time position that I worked hard for just as well. Should I have started earlier? Sure. That was when I was brainwashed by the last two administrations.

Politics is corrupt. If you believe that there is going to be a Russian invasion then you are simply brainwashed still. They are doing this simply to get another cold war going so that both sides can shift their focus back to the build up of military might in order to satisfy the big arms dealers. It's a game and you are a very willing participant.

And yes, I got off my arse and did my turn in service to this country that I do love dearly.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ahem....

What about Iraq or Afghanistan?

The irony inherent in remarks like this from the bush minor administration is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The sheer heights of US hypocracy are illustrated clearly in Rice's comments, given that there is a huge ammount of evidence that the US was behind the Georgian regime's initial actions. Those actions were against the wishes of the Georgian people.

Catch up on news on this subject with Alex Jones at infowars.com

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Pot calling the kettle black.

Is that some kind of racist comment??

Heck, it works for Obama.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

i agree... my jaw literally dropped when i heard what she said. and then she went on to sign a document putting missles in poland!!!! what is wrong with these people!!! this is like standing in front of a grizzly bear and poking it with a sharp stick!! these people are completely irresponsible and should immediately be removed from office before they get us all killed!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join