It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions of "ice free" summer for first time in history completely debunked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Anyone watching the Olympics in Bejing? Have you seen the air pollution? That's not from volcanoes or sunspots, it's man made pollution. Chinese pollution such as this travels across the Pacific ocean to the United States. So mans activities DO affect the global environment.

Why do pro-GW/CC people always raise the issue of pollution when discussing CO2? See my post above if you don't know the basic properties of CO2 as a gas.

Yes, I'm fully aware that pollution does not remain in one place, and that it moves around (globally) and spreads out and thins.

Again, the TOTAL concentration of CO2 in Earths atmosphere is just 0.034%. That is all sources.

CO2 concentrations have been higher - this is well known. Nothing disastrous occurred then, and it won't now.

It's all scaremongering and profiteering. Every carbon trading scheme I've heard of so far have been shown to be fraudulent. It is of no surprise - it was a cash cow from the start.

Since the big carbon trading schemes have been shown to be fraudulent, the politicians in this country have quietly distanced themselves from them - only a few months ago were they saying that carbon credits were the way to go, and even set up carbon trading on the stock markets to do it. It's all disappeared to the back pages since it was all blown open that it was all fraudulent, and there has been no mention of it anywhere in the MSM (at least here in the UK).

Power companies said "pay a green tarriff and get greener electricity*". The * said that they'd ensure that enough renewable energy was on-line to "offset" the carbon emitted from other power sources. They soon got nailed in law over this practise when someone highlighted that *everyone* gets some power from green sources by definition - if it's on the grid, some of that power is "green". They had to axe the extra charges they were making (it was pure profit, and anyone with half a brain could see it was a pure money making scam).

Take the money out of it - how many people would be left arguing the point afterwards, if there was no money to made from it? I think you'd find 99% of them would find something else.

Another fact: Al Gore disappeared from the MSM here in the UK immediately after Parliament passed a bill saying that unlimited numbers of nuclear power plants could be built here in the UK. Strange, that. Al Gore obviously completed his work conning voters in government that nuclear is the only way to go, instead of building other forms of power station.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Anyone watching the Olympics in Bejing? Have you seen the air pollution? That's not from volcanoes or sunspots, it's man made pollution. Chinese pollution such as this travels across the Pacific ocean to the United States. So mans activities DO affect the global environment.

Why do pro-GW/CC people always raise the issue of pollution when discussing CO2? See my post above if you don't know the basic properties of CO2 as a gas.

The point is man affects the global ecosystem. Try to read and comprehend without your biased glasses from time to time and you will find that you will not always be annoyed (
).

EDIT: Now after reading the rest of your post I can see that you have me confused with Al Gore and have also mistakenly identified me as a Carbon Trader. I can assure you I am neither. If you wanted to vilify me you could call me a Carbon Sequestrationite on account of my book and paper ephemera collection as well as my stack of wood for carving outside.

[edit on 8/20/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I'm sorry, but how can it be growing 30% per year while we're watching huge chunks of it float by us, and satellite images clearly showing the North West passage opening up?

Because you are watching re runs from the last ten years broadcasted as current events?

If it were growing, we wouldn't be currently discussing international traffic using it as a standard waterway, something that couldn't happen UNLESS IT WAS MELTING.

People discuss strange things and if you are not aware of this fact maybe a visit to some sections of ATS might help!

This is a load of bull.

What other lies will they come up with next? Hawaii's frozen solid? lol. Give me a break.

Oh they will come up with global sea level rises in the centimeters per year.

So, the media tells you it's not melting.
Our EYES say otherwise.
Which one do you think is lying?

I go with what is in fact discussed in journals coupled with some good old fashioned common sense. :0 It's a rare thing these days but if you have it you can really get some benefit by it...

Stellar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Wow, way to put me into a bind, OP. On one hand we have further deconstruction of the pseudo science surrounding the falacy of man caused global climate change, which I would ordinarily print out and have turned into a needlepoint suitable for framing & proud display.

Yup, what a bind indeed.

On the other hand, the report comes from Alex Jones, who we know is a charlitan, rumor spreader, and liar (I prefaced it with "we know, so it must be true, Jones supporters!).

The report comes from scientific journals which some staff writers at Infowars put together for your 'enjoyment'. Why do so many otherwise intelligent people have a problem with Alex Jones? Have you spent more than ten minutes listening to his shows or at least his interviews with a bunch of qualified&interesting individuals? I'm just surprised that with a thousand cooks to pick on Alex Jones gets so much flak! Sure it would help if he could avoid getting into those 'foaming at the mouth episodes" ( where i mute the Mp3's) but he is growing older and wiser as his learning more.

Oh well, good thing we have far more reliable news sources over the past couple of years demonstrating global climate change is an ongoing, historically continuous natural process and our high CO2 output has illogically coresponded with both extreme highs and extreme lows in temperature... something which can't be possible if there was a connection between CO2 & temperature.

Like i said, your a smart guy. I would love to know what Alex did or say that got you angry enough to completely ignore him.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Why do pro-GW/CC people always raise the issue of pollution when discussing CO2?

Because The Asian Brown Cloud is pollution. And The Asian Brown Cloud causes warming

There are lots of ways in human activity affects climate other than CO2 emissions. Pollution is one of them.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.peninsulaclarion.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join