It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 French Foreign Legion troops killed by Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

10 French Foreign Legion troops killed by Taliban

news.yahoo.com

SUROBI, Afghanistan - Insurgents ambushed a group of elite French soldiers as they climbed a mountain pass, killing 10 troops in a militant stronghold outside the capital. In a separate coordinated attack, a team of suicide bombers tried unsuccessfully to storm a U.S. base near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

French paratroopers and a Foreign Legion soldier were among the dead Monday — the biggest single combat loss for international forces in Afghanistan in more than three years.

The group was on a reconnaissance mission in the Surobi district, about 30 miles east of the Afghan capital, when they were ambushed Monday afternoon, officials said Tuesday. NATO sent backup and said a "large number" of the attackers were killed in the hourslong gunbattle.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
RIP to them. Think the French politicians are going to pull out after losing that many men?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Condolences to thier famlies and R.I.P men

Ex Legionaire

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well their kids are not fighting over there...so the response must be no...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

RIP to them. Think the French politicians are going to pull out after losing that many men?

news.yahoo.com

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out after this; they have a history of doing so. I'll bet they all have bullet holes in their backs, however.

Edit to correct spelling

[edit on 20-8-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out after this; they have a history of doing so. I'll bet they all have bullet holes in their backs, however.

Edit to correct spelling

What about showing some respect for deads ? They had family, maybe kids...
If I was as stupid as you, reading your post, I'd say all US are unrespectfull ****heads, but since I'm not I don't even think it...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marmelade

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Edit to correct spelling

What about showing some respect for deads ? They had family, maybe kids...
If I was as stupid as you, reading your post, I'd say all US are unrespectfull ****heads, but since I'm not I don't even think it...

I agree don't use dead soldiers to target a government mess.
It ain't nothing to do with them. RIP Frenchies.You were brave and did your duty well.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
To say that Legionnairs are cowards and would be shot in the back is to have never met one. Legionnairs are NOT cowards. R.I.P. Mon Ami!
"Honneur et Fidélité"

Zindo

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

whoever said the french would pull out after losing ten soldiers with bullets in their backs should remember they fought to standstill in indo china.The french are not cowards unlike the americans who pulled out leaving their allies to face the veit cong. brian

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, don´t be silly believing in the posted article.
It is edited, cause the original one says nothing about the Legion, neither Legionaire soldiers, just about french troops. I know FFL is acting in Afg. but who posted lied at you and for an unknow reason wanted to bring down the image of the FFL soldiers.

Shame on who did it.

Salut mon ammi! LEGION PATRIA NOSTRA!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
LiquidMirage

Less than 24% of the soldiers in the FL are actually French citizens,and most of them are commanding officers.To question the bravery of such men,and the men of the paratroop regiments who were also killed,is a grave insult to the dead and the living.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

This is an old story. Look at the date. Anonymous brought it back to life.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ah.I didn't see.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Closing Thread as the Link no longer is valid

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics