It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appears ready to announce running mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Obama appears ready to announce running mate

www.iht.com

Senator Barack Obama has all but settled on his choice for a running mate and set an elaborate rollout plan for his decision, beginning with an early morning alert to supporters, perhaps as soon as Wednesday morning, aides said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wish it was hilary but I'd love it if it were Biden, we will find out shortly.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
OK, I may have this wrong but doesn't he have to be confirmed at the DNC before he can choose a running mate?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
your wish sucks
Hilary???

wow, some people man

anyhow, it would be great if it were Ron Paul
but of course it won't

Obama is dangerous

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Im not sure, any idea when Kerry or Gore announced their VP's?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
your wish sucks
Hilary???

wow, some people man

but of course it won't

Obama is dangerous

ignorance is bliss. ron paul? ha, the guy who wants to get rid of the amber alert? no thanks. back to obama now

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
your wish sucks
Hilary???

wow, some people man

but of course it won't

Obama is dangerous

double post

[edit on 19-8-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul would never be a running mate to Barry Obama.

Their political ideologies are as different as night and day.

It would be like Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter running as a tandem duo, not gonna happen. Ever.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, anyone can announce their choice for VP anytime they want. He could've done it months ago if he felt it would've helped his case. Technically the party has to approve the choice at the convention, but I can't recall a situation where a candidate didn't run with his chosen VP, other than the McGovern/Eagleton deal.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

No, anyone can announce their choice for VP anytime they want. He could've done it months ago if he felt it would've helped his case. Technically the party has to approve the choice at the convention, but I can't recall a situation where a candidate didn't run with his chosen VP, other than the McGovern/Eagleton deal.

Well, theres that answer. One question down.... Who's everyones pick of the top three mentioned in the article? Mine is Biden.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Allow me to end your speculation. I have learned through reliable sources with 4 degrees of separation from myself that the decision has already been made for VP's of both major party candidates McCain and Obama. Take it from me with a grain of salt, but you know, by this weekend, the decision will be announced.

John McCain's VP is Mitt Romney.
Barack Obama's VP is Hillary Clinton.

I do not have to mention the fact that this means the 2 major parties have presented us with yet again, another all CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) presidential ticket.

I will not be responding to any further details about this leak.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Out of the obvious choices...as a Republican, I would love to see Joe Biden chosen. I definately don't want to see Hillary, although if it were Hillary, I could see her trying to derail the campaign...so it might not be that bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I not only don't have any inside information, I barely have outside information.

My personal opinion is that Obama's best possible running mate would be Evan Bayh. That is, if the party wants to win.

The only vp candidate that would be a bigger mistake than Biden would be Hillary.

So given the party's history of being prone to monumental blunders, Hillary looks to be the front runner.

McCain will pick someone bland and boring. Which means it could be virtually any of his viable alternatives.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very exciting.

My own choice would be Joe Biden. He's just good all around. But the more I hear, the more I think he might choose Hillary. There are people out there who are (stupidly, IMO) going to vote for McCain because they supported Hillary and she didn't get the nomination.

If Obama chose Hillary as his running mate, hopefully all those fools would come running back to her and vote for "them". I wouldn't have voted for Hillary for president, but if having her as Obama's VP will help him out, I support it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If Obama picks Hillary, he'll be beaten like a rented mule. It'll make the Nixon-McGovern '72 race look close.

Okay that may be an exaggeration, but I don't think an Obama/HRC ticket has a chance.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh the antici......pation!

Has anyone thought that the huge delay in announcing could be that Lord Obama has never made a big decision....ever, and he is so scared to do so?

Announcing his VP pick this late will take away the spotlight from him next week. All next week during Obama's convention, the media will be vetting his VP pick. The convention next week will be all about Hillary and Obama's VP pick, and less about Obama. Maybe that is a good thing?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Has anyone thought that the huge delay in announcing could be that Lord Obama has never made a big decision....ever, and he is so scared to do so?

Nope. He decided to run for president. That's a pretty big decision, I'd say...

yeahright, I was reading somewhere and discovered that the voters Obama would pick up by choosing Hillary would be offset by the voters he would lose by choosing her!

Then I hope he takes Biden!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Biden's definitely got some baggage (like, who doesn't?). I think the VP candidate that gives him the best shot to win is Evan Bayh. This won't begin to heat up until after the conventions. After that, both sides will bring out the attack dogs, and it's going to get very, very ugly. if it was me, I'd pick the safest, most capable centrist candidate I could find, and that's Evan Bayh.

I'm not sure that would appease the party fringe, so I don't think that's the way he'll go. Politics and their strange bedfellows (and I mean metaphorically), it's as much about keeping the faithful engaged as it is picking the team with the best chance to win the popular (and electoral - maybe)vote. I'm still looking for the party to do something goofy. And I could be wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join