It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Required Monthly Emergency test for the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
At 12:02pm, about 5 minutes ago, there was a an Emergency Broadcast System alert.

I found it extremely odd because usually it is done locally. What I mean is there is a message that rolls across the screen that reads something like "This is a required weekly test for the following counties.." and usually its just for the county you live in or maybe for the state you live in.

Like I said before, at 12:02 there was an Emergency Broadcast System alert, but the message read..."This is a required monthly test for the following counties, The United States." I found that extremely odd. I have never seen one that said "The United States." Ususally when the alert is activated it is for weather related and mostly local events. Why the United States as a whole?

In my opinion, the only reason to have a nation wide alert would be incase of war...thats what it was designed for in the first place. Could things be getting worse with Russia? I just heard that NATO froze their relations with Russia. Recent threats of attacks on Poland, could we be closer than we know to conflict with Russia?

Well, I got a little sidetracked there, did anyone else see the alert for the following counties...The United States? I tried to get it on tape but it was over before I found my camera and get back to the TV. Anyone else see it?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just some information about the EBS/EAS.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by emptee]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its somewhat of a surprise, given the high level of anxiety and paranoia fostered by the administration since 911, that this nation-wide alert system wasn't put into practice earlier.
Nevertheless, it is indeed thought provoking that they have in fact done it now. You have to wonder whats up? What was the motivation for this push to get it running now?
Yes, I am scared over this whole thing with Georgia and Russia and put all the little indicators together and you have a very scary picture indeed.

Now I think I am getting paranoid!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Agreed, even on 9/11 the emergency alert wasnt activated. Why now are they doing one for the entire United State? I dunno, but I am definetly going to follow whats going on with Russia a lot closer.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by emptee]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, I saw it yesterday... I made a thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Odd, a weekly alert. The one I saw today was for a monthly one.

I wonder why more people aren't commenting on our threads...its very odd that no one finds an alert test like we saw much more interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I agree. I was freaked out when I saw it and posted here because I thought others would find it shocking. But nobody cared. What state are you from? I'm in Texas.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Im in South Carolina.

top topics

join