It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Land Of the Free Is Dead!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I love it. Can't help thinking about the Saturday night live.

'I'm Dick Tater' yeah. Feel good.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The so called "rights" are being taken away. Perhaps a wake up call to the people is when the government starts to make certain guns illegal, like any and all semi-automatic weapons. The national gun registry tells them right where to look.
If you sold them or "say" you have, you better have proper paperwork to prove the sale.
You might be in jail under whatever law they come up with. In the end they WILL have your semi auto guns. That will leave lever action, pumps, and single shot weapons for the public to hunt with.

I believe those type of laws are already in effect, and can be revised anytime.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by merky]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
How can the Vatican,Monaco and Gibraltar be on the list,they're not even countries.

Gibraltar I'll give you because it's ownership is a little funky, but Vatican City and Monaco are both sovereign states. They may be small, but they're their own countries.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The US resembles a Fascist state because Fascism was created to support the Capitalist Class; The perfect merger between business and government. Where business gets all of the benefits and takes none of the risk. Where it feeds off the public trough for private gain. We've all made our own beds, its time to lay in them.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great thread!

And like the OP states, nothing personal - people so often get criticism of the leaders confused with criticism of the country.

In the Uk we are now subjected to many new stealth laws brought in by the current government to increase the nanny states hold on us, and this is something I despise - the arrogance of politicians that they know what's best for everyone.

In Europe we are supposed to have the protection of the EU human rights laws, but it seems that this gives more rights to criminals than to anyone else.

But I digress.

I'd recommend that people (UK or otherwise) take a look at the organisation called connexions
It's supposed to be designed to help young adults, but if you read their mission statement (of which there is more than one according to which local authority produces it) you will see that they have been given a wide range of powers that are very easily abused.
I recommend googling and reading through a couple of them.

There is also the issue in the UK of local councils using powers brought in for counter terrorism purposes to spy on residents for a variety of reasons.

There are many examples of abuse of power, and IMO one of the reasons for this is that the current government is a throwback to "old labour" (however much brown tries to hide it) and who now seek control over every aspect of our lives, bringing in ever increasing restrictions and laws which are quite simply designed to keep us where they want us.

The EU also has a lot to do with this, as regulations are piled on regulations until what was supposed to be a glorified trade alliance now more closely resembles the old soviet union - this can be seen most dramatically in the recent no-vote-allowed for the latest version of the EU treaty - this one the treaty of lisbon.
EU treaties info

This debacle just goes to show how the political elite hold the electorate in contempt, and how it is very easy to turn a country or a group of countries from democracy to dictatorship, and then the step to fascism is a short one.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

And like the OP states, nothing personal - people so often get criticism of the leaders confused with criticism of the country.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Too many threads on this topic get derailed by personal slanging matches.

Its very easy for governments to get away with this kinda thing.
We're told to learn from histories mistakes,but we never do,and those in power rely on this.They know human nature doesn't change.The world around us may advance but you can always rely on human stupidity and gullability.

They know thats its easy to manipulate the majority of people.Like recently,for example.US census says whites will be a minority by 2042.Now,instead of looking into the census figures (past & present) for themselves all the sheep follow each other in a movement of mass hysteria.The figures show this claim to be incorrect,but try telling that to the sheep.

Stories like this are released to divert peoples attention away from what the government is up to,its a classic move;watch the left hand long enough and forget what the right hand is doing.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
JAK, excellent thread, I have posted similar things so many times I'm just wondering why you have not had the US patriots here jumping on you as I normally do on my threads. But I can take it and take any of them on.

What I am wondering is just how far things will go before there is a reaction from the people. Gun ownership is a right held dearly by so many Americans, would the removal of the right to bear arms or just banning gun ownership be the straw that breaks the camels back.

I have often held the view that everthing from Ruby Ridge, Waco, Oklahoma and the attacks on the WTC are all connected and have been used as the stepping stones to spread fear and hate within the American populace. I cannot think of any other Western country that has killed so many of its own people and indeed more Americans have died at the hands of their fellow Americans than in any war or terrorist attack in history.

So maybe the country is ripe for such action, if the rumours of all those camps are true it may not be to long before they start filling up. I'm certain Gitmo and all those other secret camps were the trial runs of what is to come.

The question is will the American people fight back or is there just to much apathy and general lack of interest about what is really going on. Just how easy and in what circumstances could martial law be invoked and again what would be the reaction of the American people after years of programming to fear everything and every one, even your next door neighbour.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

JAK, excellent thread, I have posted similar things so many times I'm just wondering why you have not had the US patriots here jumping on you as I normally do on my threads. But I can take it and take any of them on.

Could be i've dazzled them with my intellect

Or they like jumping on you coz they're gluttons for punishment

What I am wondering is just how far things will go before there is a reaction from the people. Gun ownership is a right held dearly by so many Americans, would the removal of the right to bear arms or just banning gun ownership be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Well,their guns are highly prized.They'd rather have their freedom of speech taken off them than their guns it would seem...."speaking out against my government is now an act of treason...ok,but i can still keep my uzi and shotgun,right?"

The question is will the American people fight back or is there just to much apathy and general lack of interest about what is really going on. Just how easy and in what circumstances could martial law be invoked and again what would be the reaction of the American people after years of programming to fear everything and every one, even your next door neighbour.

Interesting question.
I admire Americans patriotism,but it can at times be a hinderance in the pursuit of truth.And i think its this that will make it difficult to stand up to their government.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Let's not confuse patriotism with blind patriotism, which seems to be the case amongst some of the more vociferous members.

Patriotism is a good thing, blind patriotism leads to the loss of freedoms we have seen over the last few years - hence, the patriot act, a great piece of propaganda and misdirection if ever there was one.

Patriotism is something you have for your country, blind patriotism is when you think your government can do no wrong, simply because it's your government.

Thankfully, more discerning people are not taken in by the chest beating and flag waving - trouble is, there's not enough of them.

[edit on 21/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Patriotism is something you have for your country, blind patriotism is when you think your government can do no wrong, simply because it's your government.

Thank you for explaining what i meant,lol.

I think quite a few Americans have this blind patriotism,which makes it easy for the government to get away with murder.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join