It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just heard on hard copy a man call this an International election and I think this might be true.

It seems that the rest of the world is waiting to see how it turns out. I honestly believe that this election for better or worse might determine the fate of more than just Americas future, possibly the fate of the world not to sound overly dramatic.

Any other opinions?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The US is the most powerful nation on Earth; it is the richest economy, the most powerful military and a culture that has infiltrated all over the planet. What is decided in the US has global implications for trade, banking, and markets everywhere. Foreign money in US politics is pervasive. It stands to reason that it is considered a International election. I think it sounds reasonable. I am just glad they all can't vote.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I am just glad they all can't vote.

That was kinda my point, I wonder how much concern we should have over other countries veiwpoint on who should be president. I mean I would not let be a main focus on who I vote for but it will damn sure affect our lives in the future.

We will get a lot more cooporation in this "war on terror" if the other countries respect the man in office and Bush seems to be if not hated at least disliked by most of the world. It would not bother mew if I thought he was doing a good job but he seems almost delibertly destorying our countrys enconmy and its good will among other countries.

I was hoping for more input but WTF

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would say all our elections are "international elections"
the world has to pay attention to who is going to be elected...since we are involved or not involved in basically everywhere on the planet. Who we elect and the policies that come from a new election will either affect or not affect many other situations worldwide..
But with the war on Terrorism mixed up with the War in Iraq, and struggling economy which affects everyone, more parties have a keener interest in this upcoming election.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think before this is all over with major investigations again will be required on the subject of illegal foreign campaign contributions funneled through to the democratic party, If Bush wins look for prison terms this time - not coverup like chinese contributions in the 90's.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Isn't Kerry's campaign broke, Phoenix? I believe I have read that somewhere. Off in search...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Who we elect and the policies that come from a new election will either affect or not affect many other situations worldwide..

But how much should this concern us? I think it should because as I stated on another thread war is bad for business, cooporation among the nations would help a lot.

It might be me but it kinda seems that the world is watching this one more than most.

I would really like to hear from those outside America on this. How much do yall think this will affect your lives if at all.

Just for one thing if our econamy tanks out we will probibly drag everyone else down with us.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think before this is all over with major investigations again will be required on the subject of illegal foreign campaign contributions funneled through to the democratic party, If Bush wins look for prison terms this time - not coverup like chinese contributions in the 90's.

Thats part of what I am talking about. I wont a man in office that can deal better with other countries but I dont want one paid for by say chinese money.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Isn't Kerry's campaign broke, Phoenix? I believe I have read that somewhere. Off in search...

Yup, Oxmank I believe you are correct that the coffers were reported to be low at the begining of the month - since then Shilliary Clinton has come to the rescue with $10,000,000 in emergency fund raising and don't forget Teresa has threatened to use the Heinz funds just a day or two ago to counter Bush campaign media blitz.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Amuk, I guess it really depends on what we want as the future of this country as to how much we listen to the world.

I think first we should try to cut through the bull# we ourselves shovel, not to mention the propoganda they throw around.

If this elections is such a big deal, I would not be surprised if there is an increase in foreign operatives working to undermine things all over.

Any country with moderate power and influence is not likely to side by and "see how it pans out" so to speak.

They will probably do what we would do. Get our nasty little fingers in that pie.

I just don't know how.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well as long as our elections dont become international in the sense that canidates become monetary extensions of other countries then I wont burn down the ballot box because I feel that political change is an excellent growth stimulus in our country, as long as the stimulus isnt "Made in China"

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Amuk, I guess it really depends on what we want as the future of this country as to how much we listen to the world.

We are still gonna be top dog either way but I think the rest of the world will be looking to see if we are gonna to continue to bullly everyone around which I think in the long run is gonna hurt us.

But like I said before I dont want a leader bought and paid for by another country.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We are still gonna be top dog either way but I think the rest of the world will be looking to see if we are gonna to continue to bullly everyone around which I think in the long run is gonna hurt us.

But like I said before I dont want a leader bought and paid for by another country.

You know what Amuk, before 9/11 I could stretch things and say the U.S. being seen as a bully on the world stage was a reasonable assumption by others living elsewhere looking at us from the outside.

After 9/11 people believing that - I have one thing to say to them - Tough luck buddy, sorry you feel that way! get over it.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

After 9/11 people believing that - I have one thing to say to them - Tough luck buddy, sorry you feel that way! get over it.

Believe it or not I dont really care what they think other than how well it will take us as a nation into the future. I backed going after the Taliban 100% but to be honest have not see ANY REAL reason for Iraq. They can talk about freeing the Iraqis all they want everybody knows that is Bull#, were they free when we were selling him the weapons to enslave them?

And now after Bush I think the world would be a lot more greatful and cooperative with someone less war-like. I am not for letting anyone get away with attacking us or even waiting to get attacked, my family has fought in EVERY war this country has Ever had since 1625.

I just think we would be better off taking another approch.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't think even we can stay top dog alone.

The world has the ability to tear us down piece by piece should they really gang up on us.

Which of course we would retaliate against, quite forcefully I imagine.

That would be the begining of the end.

Just an idea though. We can not interfer without caring about other nations.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The world has the ability to tear us down piece by piece should they really gang up on us.

I am not worried about a war as much as trade embargos could easily be the straw that broke the eagles back.....LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It would really be something if someone broke us with our own tactics.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It would really be something if someone broke us with our own tactics.

Thats really the only weapon they have, no matter what most of these people think NO ONE is going to start a world war.

Trade is the new A-Bomb......LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think we're seeing more evidence with this administration that even though the president is the leader of the United States, his decisions have great impact worldwide.

On a smaller scale, considering that New York and California make up almost a quater of the total population of the US, don't you think the decisions made by those governors and mayors has an economic impact on rest of the country?

I do
DC

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In Canada the political climate below the border has a direct impact on us economicaly. The U.S. is our largest trading partner, though we are not theirs, so as they go we go.

Quote by Phoenix: You know what Amuk, before 9/11 I could stretch things and say the U.S. being seen as a bully on the world stage was a reasonable assumption by others living elsewhere looking at us from the outside.

I hate to say it, but it sucks when the hens come back to roost.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join