It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I discovered Noahs Ark's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
The only problem with your theory is that I have been inside the great pyramid and can tell you that it is NOT big enough to hold people, livestock and supplies for any length of time.

Thank you, I personally have never been to the pyramids. Please forgive me, I didn't differentiate between the traditional story and the words.

Male
H2145 zakar zaw-kawr'
from H2142;
properly, remembered, i.e. a male (of man or animals, as being the most
noteworthy sex):--X him, male, man(child, -kind).

Female
H5344 naqab naw-kab'
a primitive root;
to puncture, literally (to perforate, with more or less violence) or figuratively
(to specify, designate, libel):--appoint, blaspheme, bore, curse, express, with
holes, name, pierce, strike through.

Seed
H2233 zera` zeh'-rah
from H2232;
seed; figuratively, fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity:--X carnally, child,
fruitful, seed(-time), sowing- time.

Bird
H5774 `uwph oof
a primitive root;
to cover (with wings or obscurity); hence (as denominative from H5775) to
fly; also (by implication of dimness) to faint (from the darkness of
swooning):--brandish, be (wax) faint, flee away, fly (away), X set, shine forth, weary.
H5775 `owph ofe
from H5774;
a bird (as covered with feathers, or rather as covering with wings), often
collectively:--bird, that flieth, flying, fowl

Beast
H929 bhemah be-hay-maw'
from an unused root (probably meaning to be mute);
properly, a dumb beast; especially any large quadruped or animal (often
collective):--beast, cattle.

Pure/Clean
H2889 tahowr taw-hore'
or tahor [taw-hore'];
from H2891; pure (in a physical, chemical, ceremonial or moral sense):--
clean, fair, pure(-ness)

Species
H4327 miyn meen
from an unused root meaning to portion out;
a sort, i.e. species:--kind. Compare H4480.

Hope that helps

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

You are correct on names being descriptions. There is question on whether there was a world wide flood. Most scientists and geologist do not believe there was. In some of the cradles of civilization, there were great floods that would make the local people believe the earth was under water.
Noah is a morality tale about family and heeding warnings.

While the pyramid theory is interesting, where would all the people go if there was a flood? The Nile could flood quickly at times, wouldn't the Egyptians get on the many barges they had? It would be easier than sticking them inside pyramids.

Yes this is true, but I have a feeling they were on to something a little more advanced then what we understand. I believe that is why they have remained a mystery. I don't know all the answers, it just seems that the main clue is right under our noses, just like everything else that happens the likes of deception. I figure you only need a generation or two to pass, in order to completely seal up any mystery. Once no original witnesses are alive, it slips into legend. I believe the history we are taught is not the actual history that took place...History is to teach lessons as you said, not to have the facts. Only the ones in higher arenas get to be privy to those things. He who owns the printing press, owns history.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
It's the whole idea of god what throws these theories off. Why would god of the entire universe take any role in this stuff? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Wouldn't he just sit back and watch? Or why bother making all the pyramids if he could just teleport people or wish them away or whatever. Why bother with the flood in the first place. Would god really be bothered by a bunch of greedy perverts? I hope he can handle his emotions better than that.

Yes he would, because he inhabits us and is our life. We are somewhat guests, hence "Lord of Hosts". The biggest trick to the whole thing is we will find out we have judged ourselves. He gives laws on purity, because he wants you to have the longest ride possible. He give laws on sexuality because that is your inheritance in the afterlife. The more you spread, the more heads on your plot.

Imagine you are alone and want to make things interesting. You start when ever as there is no calender till you have working people that need to keep calenders. You start with nothing and begin weaving the nothing into something and who knows how long that takes, then you have a cell. So now you turn that cell in to many cells and who knows how long that takes...really doesn't matter. You keep working till finally you can house yourself to interact with the physical world only everything you touch becomes alive and conscience...kinda like the Midas touch. Plus to make it real interesting, you let yourself forget who you are only you set some of these "angels" around you to not let you go too far, only some of them get wise and want to take advantage of your sleep. Positive needs negative as that is part of you, so after a while the neg starts getting smart and wants some of the positive.

Every thought you think is alive and will manifest at some point in the future...just a matter of time. These manifestations are what is spoken of when talking about the different world lines (time travel, and the likes)...all will be revealed. So if you think it, you've done it. Maybe not on this time line, but on others you are living that out....

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
the pyramids are definately some major event that's been raped by the world. i'll give you that. but this doesn't tie in with graham hancock at all. what about the complex in cambodia that corresponds to draco? that isn't pyrmaid shaped at all and doesn't support the volcano theory one bit. also the mayan temples were stepped and had altars at the top that were obviously meant for people to be walking across, that doesn't support the theory either.

and what about solon's account of the catacombs beneath the pyramids? why aren't pyramids mentiond in the bible at all? and don't say it's because noah's ark was misrepresented. anyone could pick a bible passage and say it means something else. people do it all the time regarding completely mundane things, why should important topics be any different?

(regarding another post of your) if the ark of the covenant is indeed a factory for producing speed then why weren't other addictive things mentioned in the bible? did people not smoke cigarettes or drink coffee? what about dogs? people love dogs, wouldn't they have been mentioned as well? and especially television and work. how come there aren't accounts of people b**&*ing about work and what they saw on tv?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So.. what of those of us that read about Noah's Ark in the original Hebrew?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As fore your theory why are pharos found in the tombs. If they were mearly a place to survive the flood then why leave them standing if the flood is gone no more use.There was also a show on the Natgeo channel the other night that was saying something about the grand gallery was just a ramp for a weight to to pull the larger stones to the higher points on the pyramids, but that is only a theory, a sound one, but theory none the less.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Interesting post, but the Bible gives the instructions on making the ark:

" And this is how you will make it: three hundred cubits the length of the ark, fifty cubits its width, and thirty cubits its height. 16 You will make a tso´har [roof; or, window] for the ark, and you will complete it to the extent of a cubit upward, and the entrance of the ark you will put in its side; you will make it with a lower [story], a second [story] and a third [story]"
-Genesis 6:15

So it would not be a pyramid, but a rectangle.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

You're misreading it. It says to a cubit upward. Cubit is one. This is from the literal translation.

Gen 6:13 And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And behold, I will destroy them along with the earth.
Gen 6:14 Make an ark of cyprus timbers for yourself. You shall make rooms in the ark; and you shall cover it with asphalt inside and out.

Note here: As I had sited before from wikipedia.
The translators of the bible, didn't know what the word was for the building material of the bible because it was a rendering of Kfa. Kefa.

They took a greek word and placed it for the word they couldn't render in hebrew. That word was the closest resembling word, but from a different language. Cypress.

This is a completely wrong translation and is what throws everyone off. Kefa means stone. It is the base of the word Coffin and is where the word comes from. It is Egyptian as well as the taybaw which is what the Ark was. It comes from dbt and is Egyptian for Coffin as well.

Kefa being the seplucur or stone enclosure dbt being the box of the coffin. You might recognize Debt...

Gen 6:15 And you shall make it this way: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 You shall make a window in the ark, and you shall finish it above to a cubit. And you shall set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third stories.

If you look in this picture of the Great Ark...I'm sorry pyramid...lol. You will see everything that the instructions say. Lower, Second, and Third stories. The grand galley leads to a Door in the side and it is finished to a cubit above. Lets use Occams razor....

I am seeing a cubit as a volume because of the ark of the thumb in measuring it. I also believe that base would be a better word then length. You are technically running a length, but a cubit being a volume it makes it deceptive. It is a length with four turns in it thus enclosing the base. Think of the 300/50/30/1 as a scale...which is rather biblical given judgement and all. Plumets level in both directions till a center is found upward, just as it says, "finish it to a cubit upward".

Peace

[edit on 20-11-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 21-11-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

You're misreading it. It says to a cubit upward. Cubit is one. This is from the literal translation.

Gen 6:13 And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And behold, I will destroy them along with the earth.
Gen 6:14 Make an ark of cyprus timbers for yourself. You shall make rooms in the ark; and you shall cover it with asphalt inside and out.

[e]

Actually he said to cover it with pitch. Pitch is kind of like tar. It would have made it water proof.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
As fore your theory why are pharos found in the tombs. If they were mearly a place to survive the flood then why leave them standing if the flood is gone no more use.There was also a show on the Natgeo channel the other night that was saying something about the grand gallery was just a ramp for a weight to to pull the larger stones to the higher points on the pyramids, but that is only a theory, a sound one, but theory none the less.

The more things come to light the more I understand. I am beginning to think that no one survived the flood and that the ark was simply for rememberence. As I had said in my op, Noah comes from Noach, some render Noack, regardless it means "rest".

I believe the pharos were at rest.

People are seeing these names, that aren't names they are actions.

It is like an Egyptian reading my name as Run. In english it means run, but to the egyptian it is a name. The egyptian never gets the proper sense of what was being said, not knowing english. The english reader never even considers understanding the original, I didn't. I happened over certain things that when translated properelly answered questions that made no sense...like god killing and stuff. I started discovering things I couldn't believe were not brought to peoples understanding, until I saw the money behind why the mistakes were left.

Was god ever pleased with anyone who didn't DO his will? All of the names in the bible translate into Actions Or Statuses, but to the english reader they are just names of imaginary people, when they should be doings not sayings.

Why do you think god, being all of us, gets so angry. It makes heaven a hard place to live when people aren't who they say they are when they never had to say anything and just do it. This is what is pleasing to the Living God. When we love one another even as your body takes care of you.

Anyway sorry for the rant. I love when people start finding the freedom from the headjob religion gives them with the very "original word" that religion has written off. It just takes the individual searching. It's that voice that you know to follow, not the one coming from the pulpit. "They will not follow strangers, mine know my voice"... It's that one...peace

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

[e]

Actually he said to cover it with pitch. Pitch is kind of like tar. It would have made it water proof.

Hello thanks for your response.

H3724
כּפר
kôpher
ko'-fer
From H3722; properly a cover, that is, (literally) a village (as covered in); (specifically) bitumen (as used for coating), and the henna plant (as used for dyeing); figuratively a redemption price: - bribe, camphire, pitch, ransom, satisfaction, sum of money, village.

You will note from a prior post, the simularity between Ko-pher and Kefa...stone.

Though bitumen is what Ko-pher could of meant, it's first rendering is properly "to cover". Not only that it is saying literally a village (see above)

Though, to be fair, I've looked up bitumen. Still, this seems rather odd. Where would this bitumen of come from?

I will stick with "to cover" in Stone Kefa.

Bitumen is a mixture of organic liquids that are highly viscous, black, sticky, entirely soluble in carbon disulfide, and composed primarily of highly condensed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

Naturally occurring or crude bitumen is a sticky, tar-like form of petroleum which is so thick and heavy that it must be heated or diluted before it will flow. At room temperature, it is much like cold molasses.[1] Refined bitumen is the residual (bottom) fraction obtained by fractional distillation of crude oil. It is the heaviest fraction and the one with the highest boiling point, boiling at 525 °C (977 °F).

In British English, the word 'asphalt' refers to a mixture of mineral aggregate and bitumen (or tarmac in common parlance). The word 'tar' refers to the black viscous material obtained from the destructive distillation of coal and is chemically distinct from bitumen. In American English, bitumen is referred to as 'asphalt' or 'asphalt cement' in engineering jargon. In Australian English, bitumen is sometimes used as the generic term for road surfaces. In Canadian English, the word bitumen is used to refer to the vast Canadian deposits of extremely heavy crude oil,[2] while asphalt is used for the oil refinery product used to pave roads and manufacture roof shingles. Diluted bitumen (diluted with naphtha to make it flow in pipelines) is known as dilbit in the Canadian petroleum industry, while bitumen upgraded to synthetic crude oil is known as syncrude and syncrude blended with bitumen as synbit.[3]

Most bitumens contain sulfur and several heavy metals such as nickel, vanadium, lead, chromium, mercury and also arsenic, selenium, and other toxic elements. Bitumens can provide good preservation of plants and animal fossils.

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Please Add if you have read in the original hebrew. I welcome it. Thank you

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's always refreshing to see new and out of the box ideas. I commend you for putting it out there - quite a solid theory.

Sadly (as with so many other great ideas) this is not the first time I've heard this theory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this theory was first suggested in Giza-Genesis: The Best Kept Secrets. It goes something like this:

If anything was ever enshrouded in confusion and mystery, the Arc of the Covenant takes precedence. The Arc has played an indispensable role in man's salvation on this planet which continues to this day. The information contained in this article is a simplified rendition of the Guardian Alliance material, transmitted (not channeled) by Ashayana Deane.

Firstly, we may encounter two spellings: 'arc' and 'ark' - though 'ark' is well associated with Noah's Ark. Apparently Noah did not escape the Great Flood by means of a boat - Noah's Ark - but through the Arc of the Covenant within the Great Pyramid. There was in fact an incidence of a previous flood in which a boat was built: thus clearly the Noah's Ark story is a partial fabrication to hide the true meaning of the Arc - yet the story was still based on truths so that it would intuitively feel correct to people being deceived. It is interesting to note that independently, Egyptologists Howard Middleton-Jones and James Michael Wilkie in their first book on the Great Pyramid, 'Giza-Genesis: The Best Kept Secrets', show how the biblical explanation of the Noah's Ark construction is a description of the passageway into the Great Pyramid where they say the Covenant is stored. Furthermore, the well-known chest containing the tools also has been erroneously named the Arc (or Ark) of the Covenant. These tools were used to open the portal bridge of the Arc, of which this bridge portal was only one of its functions.

Source/More

But alas, if you read further you find words like Phantom Earth, the Drakonians, the Anunnaki and so on, and the whole theory goes into the realm of science fiction.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
the pyramids are definately some major event that's been raped by the world. i'll give you that. but this doesn't tie in with graham hancock at all. what about the complex in cambodia that corresponds to draco? that isn't pyrmaid shaped at all and doesn't support the volcano theory one bit. also the mayan temples were stepped and had altars at the top that were obviously meant for people to be walking across, that doesn't support the theory either.

and what about solon's account of the catacombs beneath the pyramids? why aren't pyramids mentiond in the bible at all? and don't say it's because noah's ark was misrepresented. anyone could pick a bible passage and say it means something else. people do it all the time regarding completely mundane things, why should important topics be any different?

(regarding another post of your) if the ark of the covenant is indeed a factory for producing speed then why weren't other addictive things mentioned in the bible? did people not smoke cigarettes or drink coffee? what about dogs? people love dogs, wouldn't they have been mentioned as well? and especially television and work. how come there aren't accounts of people b**&*ing about work and what they saw on tv?

Hey Mozzy thanks for responding...
I'm not sure who grahm Hancock is, forgive me, I can't comment on him.

The complex in cambodia I'm not familiar with, but I will check on that.

I believe in regards to the mayans, that who is to say the temples weren't added later? Do think the nativity church has been in bethlehem since jesus was around? Of course not. If after the flood, the very fortress that saved them still stood, you would consider it holy ground. Renovating its "glory" would be top priority. That is only my conjecture, as my mind is starting to think no one survived the flood.

I say the above, because god says the end of ALL flesh has come before me. We have all ways suspected the tie in with the afterlife, and that pharos are buried there. Noah meaning rest fits this perfectly. This would explain the catacombs. It was a big memorial, to be remembered by God...us, that is the living, who die and are born every day renewed.

He says, I set my bow in the heavens...Orion's bow, not rainbow, as the ark/pyramid is on the belt of orion, one of the three clasps. Hollywood gives us clues all the time...MIB. After all who runs hollywood? "Out of Egypt I have called my people"...don't forget who the Jews are.

In regards to the Ark of the Covenant. I don't know. You are saying that bad habits weren't spoken of in the bible? You are saying that sorcery/Pharmacy was not practiced in the bible by the children of "He will rule as God"? You are saying the bible didn't talk about people having sex even incest? You are saying people in the bible didn't talk about things they saw amongst one another in the form of gossip? I'm not sure what your question is are you negating they did these things or are you asking where to find it?

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the first. You know when you realize something that you think no body has picked up on....thank God.

Thank you for the info...I really appreciate sincerely. ltru

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I believe that much of the myth that is generated into mysterious monsters and things, when picked apart to the root, you find have strait forward answers.

I have not studied it into the realm of myths then that of the bible itself.

I believe god is true. I believe he is real. I believe he is living and is all of us, those coming and those leaving...always renewed. Each part needs to be individual while in the body by function, but all are the body of the only living god. No religion (cancelled in all), Perfect Judgement of all things (cancelled in all), One life aware it is living and always now...forgetting evil and generating forward in power of life, not in space and remembering for the term of the memory living, those god loves eternally living in the memory of god who is god of all...the lord of hosts. This seems mystic, but really isn't, it is being aware of our times and places.

What I gleam from the Mayan calendar is the similar wheel with in wheel terminology. This gives me perspective on the stories of the bible. Not sure how many you've read, but I've read a few. People don't see that it is the same story over and over again. Different names, different locations, same story. Wheel with in wheel. Babel, ArK/Pyramids, Mountain, Mountian into the sea, wilderness, 40 days, 40 years, 400 years...all the same story...wheel with in wheel....identity.

Again I thank you for that story..

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You are missing my point.

There are millions of native Hebrew speakers, my (now) ex being one of them. If the ark was supposedly made out of stone, don't you think SOMEONE would have said something before now? Do you realize that people have sunk millions into finding the ark? Would a.. hmm.. 1500? year mistranslation (Yes, I know the MAIN mistranslation of the Gospels still stands, but 'Jesus' just tends to work, I guess) stand up without anyone credible in the field saying anything?

Regardless, Hebrew is a -very- contextual language. If the context suggests Noah built the ark out of wood, my guess is that it really is a no-brainer.

Personally, my Hebrew comprehension is horrible, I knew more at one time that I do now.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
[quote\] Hey Mozzy thanks for responding...
I'm not sure who grahm Hancock is, forgive me, I can't comment on him.

The complex in cambodia I'm not familiar with, but I will check on that.

graham hancock, among a few others, has come up with the orion connection theory and what not about giza. now that i think about it they did mention the pyramid could possibly be a seed vault. the cambodian temple is the giza equivalent of a complex that corresponds to a constellation and has an important message encoded in the architecture.

you're probably right about the mayans. but is there proof that the mayans built those pyramids or is it just suspected?

the catacombs under the pyramids were written about by herodotus and his account of solon's trip to egypt. as far as i remember the egyptian high priests didn't disclose that the pyramids were a storehouse of any kind. they did tell solon that they had knowledge of several global catastrophes and laughed at solon's greek history account of only knowing about one catastrophe.

about the covenant ark, i liked the meth lab theory but i'm just wondering why other major addictive items weren't used and mentioned in the bible as well? surely one little arc couldn't provide enough meth for everyone. once it was known how easy it is to control people other addictive means would surely have been used. i'm just milling about with this idea trying to solidify the idea as a whole for myself.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i really, really, hate it when that happens..

the short version. check out cambodia and graham hancok/robert bauvall. and the scott creighton forum here on ats.

probably right about the mayans, but is there proof that the mayans built those temples or just that they used them and carved pictures into them?

read herodotus' account of solon's trip to egypt.

blah..i hate losing an entire post.

where did all the animals go in the pyramids? and how did noah release a dove from the lower half of the pyramid to find dry ground if the area was covered in water? hidden passage to the top of the pyramid maybe?

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

You are missing my point.

There are millions of native Hebrew speakers, my (now) ex being one of them. If the ark was supposedly made out of stone, don't you think SOMEONE would have said something before now? Do you realize that people have sunk millions into finding the ark? Would a.. hmm.. 1500? year mistranslation (Yes, I know the MAIN mistranslation of the Gospels still stands, but 'Jesus' just tends to work, I guess) stand up without anyone credible in the field saying anything?

Regardless, Hebrew is a -very- contextual language. If the context suggests Noah built the ark out of wood, my guess is that it really is a no-brainer.

Personally, my Hebrew comprehension is horrible, I knew more at one time that I do now.

Here is the point...

Question over identity

Gen 6:14 states that Noah built the Ark of גפר (gofer, more commonly gopher) wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew. The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[1] The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[2] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood".

Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated.
Many modern translations tend to favour cypress (although the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh), following Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar, although Greek and Hebrew are not related languages and the linguistic resemblance is superficial. Other [color=#FF0000]suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentuckea, or American yellowwood, although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark. Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]

Kopher is being given a false representation here as this is not the first nominative for this word. Cover Village being the proper translation, not pitch. None the less, the material is guessed at. There was no wood until they decided, that was no big deal, just add it and change a word in from Greek. That makes no sense...especially when the mix up between a G and K can mean the difference between Wood and Stone. Minor detail...opps.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join