It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the "No war for oil" crowd go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
When we went into Iraq there were a number of people crying, "No war for oil". Well we didn't take oil from Iraq as a bounty of war. Where is the apology?

When Russia invaded Georgia to stop a competing oil pipeline and stop a free country's policies that would result in lower oil prices. Where did the "No war for oil" crowd go? The people of Georgia could surely use them now!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

They must be too confused to apologize. Remind me again, why DID we go to war?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm guessing that they changed their minds when the price of crude reached new heights and subsequently re-formed to become the "Kick their a**, take their gas" crowd.

Just a theory mind you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I saw someone with a no blood for oil bumber sticker the other day it made me laugh pretty hard

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wake up-we went to oil to BLOCK a possible oil glut from Iraq.
To keep Iraq in chaos so that you could pay $4 a gallon instead
of a much lower price if Iraq was flooding the oil market with oil
Something Hussein threatened to do that's why the oil companies took him out.

It's counter-intuitive-a concept to deep for Joe sixpack

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They went to the store to buy a gun so that they could then go to the gas station to steal some gas.

No War for Oil!
Ha Ha Ha, what a joke.

People have forgotten that the entire reason that Japan attacked us at pearl harbor was because we placed an oil embargo on them.

Germany invaded Russia and North Africa in World War Two for access to oil.

In fact, you could say that every single war that has been fought since World War Two has been part in parcel about oil in some form or fashion. For oil is not only the lifeblood of every economy in the world. It is also the life blood of every military force on earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Maybe they couldn't afford the gas to drive to the protest.

*rimshot*

In all seriousness, when there is a choice between keeping principles intact and going against an enemy of the US, or selectively criticizing the US while ignoring similar behavior by its enemies, that crowd will clam up every time rather than badmouth the enemy (Russia) of their enemy (the US) whom they view as a friend.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Where did the "No war for oil" crowd go?

They got in their SUV's so they could drive to other city's and protest against whatever was/is the "IN" thing to protest for.
It changes from week to week and they dont wanna be on the "uncool" list.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Remind me again, why DID we go to war?

Liberation Karl.......liberation.

Can't you see.....we just have to win a few more hearts and minds.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ah yes, how quickly I forget. Thank you for the reminder.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
We are still here and have been proven right that, that was the reason we went into Iraq. Right now the oil companies (Bush and Cheney supporters) are making deals and trying to steal Iraq's oil at a cheap price and then sell it to us for outrageous amounts.

BTW the reason the oil prices are high is because of the war and also because of speculators, not because of a shortage.

Our government needs to focus on clean cheap enviromental friendly energy such as wind power and solar power, which is best for us all but then they would not get the big donations and probably payoffs from the oil companies.

top topics

join