It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 buildup accelerating in atmosphere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

thank USa for the all evils on this planet

USa no.1 imperialist, no1. polluter of planet, no.1 for carbon emissions , no.1 for global warming

no.1 for fascism , no.1 for external debt ,public debt

no.1 in attacking and destroying other nations and killing innocents and poor helpless children

no.1 in propaganda

true as USa has no mercy for third world , it loves to pollute , and then denies that Global warming is due to carbon emissions , whose biggest culprit is USA

[edit on 19-8-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322
Ummmmm.... you're welcome?

I know it's a weird idea, but have you ever tried reading the thread you're posting to before you show yourself to be a complete off-topic *snip snip*?

Whew! Grabbed those snippers just in time.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freeusfromthematrix

You let the awful truth out and you are right

I think the first international laws should require ALL politians, corporate and government leaders to abstain from using this very dangerous chemical. World Leaders must lead the way starting with Al Gore.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

CO2 is necessary for plant life. It is used as a raw material for plant growth. also CO2 controls human breathing, so it is necessary for human life.

Get out of the "CHEMICALS ARE EVIL" mode. The only thing that is not a chemical is vaccum. Perhaps Al Gore and his buddies need to stop breathing all those dangerous chemicals like Oxygen. After all it causes explosions and out of control fires. Oh and they neesd to stop exhaling Carbon Dioxide and F@@ting methane and mercaptians.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeusfromthematrix

The truth needs to get out. The world has to change its focus from CO2 gas reduction to hydrogen dioxide reduction now as it is proven to be the largest source of greenhouse gas!

Don't panic! I am sure our loving world leaders will do the right thing and save us all....??... *! Maybe they should institute another tax? Ya that will work!

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Jsut a question here.
Isn't Methane the most dangerous green house gas, and the most abundant because of the Hydroelectric Dams being built all over the place?

Read somewhere that a Dam is far more polluting then the worst Cole Plants...due to the accumulation of biomass that becomes Methane, during decomposition, and that is released when the Dams open their compartments due to raising water pressure...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is great news. I just bought a new boat. the only problem is that i don't have that much time to spend on it.

Now, if the co2 levels rise, more global warming, maybe the ice caps will melt a whole lot sooner than everyone thought, then we will all be under water and I can get to spend more time on my boat!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard all day!!!

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is all BS to me.

I've seen records showing that for my region at least, CO2 has done nothing but rise for the last 40 years, whilst it has only gone and got cooler during the period.

I also love the way they pick and choose their facts according to the story.

According to ice cores picked in Antarctica, CO2 levels have been much higher than they are now.

All this "the end is nigh!" and "we're doomed if we don't do something!" is BS spewed by those with little knowledge of history.

QUESTION: If CO2 is the root of all global warming evil, WHY ARE WE IN AN ACKNOWLEDGED COOLING PERIOD?

Yes we are putting CO2 into the atmosphere, but we are NOT causing climate change. There is actually nothing happening on the planet now that hasn't happened before.

If people would actually bother to do their research on these things before scaremongering, they'd see this is complete BS spouted by those with agendas.

I'm sick of this crap. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE. NONE OF THIS IS NEW. WE ARE NOT CAUSING CLIMATE CHANGE BECAUSE IT IS A **NATURAL EVENT**!!!

History has shown this has all occurred before, and history has a habit of repeating itself. Now is no different.

Planet Earth has been in existence for 4.5 Billion years. We are a mere blip in its history.

I'm stunned at the number of pro-GW people that refuse to acknowledge the ice-age we are still leaving. It occurred 100,000 years ago (if you didn't know). The Earth was solid ice in Winter, to the equator. This is well known.

Just because a bit of water starts to melt at the pole, everyone gets upset. We're making some knee-jerk reactions that are frankly quite dangerous to persue. The latest hair-brained idea I read recently was to start blocking out the sun with large mirrors in space!!

WE NEED SUNLIGHT! We don't get enough as it is, so by blocking it out, WE'D ACTUALLY BE KILLING OURSELVES.

It would turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I have no doubt that man-kind will eventually kill itself off (if you know anything about bacteria, they multiply until their numbers become unsustainable, then they die off). The part people keep get wrong is the HOW. It won't be war with nukes - it will be crazy reactions to a natural phenomena that actually results in our downfall (e.g. global warming).

If Al Gore really cared, why is he profiting from his movie? Why is his own homes electricity consumption 22 times the US national average???????

Does that sound like someone who cares to you? It sounds like a hypocrite to me.

If he has all this knowledge and information on GW, and the end of the world, clearly he knows something we don't - that is that GW is complete BS!!!

When will people see the lies spread out in front of them?

Now, if the co2 levels rise, more global warming, maybe the ice caps will melt a whole lot sooner than everyone thought, then we will all be under water and I can get to spend more time on my boat!!!!!!!

Have you tried emptying a cup of water into the ocean and watching for the sea level rising as a result?

FACT: Ice occupies more space as a solid than a liquid. 1.1 times I think it is.

FACT: The only ice melting in Antarctica is that little bit in the West.

FACT: There was more ice at the North Pole last winter than any climate models predicted, and more ice than last year.

FACT: It was reported earlier this year that there might be no ice THIS YEAR at the north pole (this was advertised on several news stations here in the UK). There was more ice at the North Pole this year than last year.

THEY CAN'T GET THEIR OWN FACTS STRAIGHT! The models are fundamentally broken. They believe their models because it's all they've got. When they actually start comparing the models to reality however, they DO NOT MATCH.

If you ask to see their models, you can't. Why not??????

FACT: As the climate warms, you will actually get LESS severe storms, as storms rely on differential temperature to work. So far this year there have been less major storms in the US than by this time last year.

FACT: Less people will die from hypothermia as a result of warming.

FACT: The worlds coverage in plants will INCREASE. It will be possible to grow foods further North than at present.

FACT: At the same latitude, you have desert (Sahara) and rain forest (Amazon). Any climatologists wish to explain?? Thought not...

FACT: Nature will adapt. We will be fine. Nature will be fine. It survived the ice-age we're leaving, it will survive now.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I watched an interesting program on Nova last week. It talks about Global Dimming. It was discovered and confirmed in the 40s and has been verified over and over since then. The pollutants in the air from our emissions are actually keeping the temperatures cooler than they should be with the high levels of CO2 in our atmosphere. The pollutants as well as vapor trails from jets are reflecting much of the sun's light back into space. If all of the pollutants were removed from the atmosphere tomorrow, the temperature would increase substantially to levels higher than they are now. This was again confirmed on September 12 and 13, 2001 when all the airplanes were grounded and the temperatures rose.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Sorry if we confused you. Most of the stuff posted on this thread is sarcasm. Hydrogen Dioxide is actually water. Of course water vapor is a green house gas think of how much warmer a cloudy night is. However Al Gore isn't dumb enough to attack Hydrogen Dioxide, at least I think one of his tame "experts" has enough education to clue him in. On the other hand maybe not.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It depends on what you term a "green house gas". I hate that term as I associate it with bad science now, thanks to Al Gore et. al.

I agree - cloudy nights are warmer. You can't deny it. Are we going to ban clouds next? Start seeding them so they dissipate?

I don't know why they're so bothered - it's a good thing! We can grow more food for our ever increasing population. It's warmer, so fewer people will die due to the cold (and with the stupidly high gas prices, that's a very good thing indeed).

Am I the only one who remembers environmentalists calling for higher taxes and gas prices to get people to stop adding CO2 to the atmosphere? That came true rather quickly. They only talked about it around a year or so ago.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Global warming by caused by man is a myth created by Al Gore and his gang to get rich. In fact the planet is no longer warming at the moment it is actually cooling for the past 10 years and is predicted to cool even more in the next decade.

Observatory predicts two degree drop in temperatures over next two decades as solar activity dwindles
www.propagandamatrix.com...

Al Gore owns stake in a firm that sell carbon offsets (or credits). First they scare you with tales of doom and gloom if we don't do something now. Then they calculate how much CO2 your lifestyle or business is putting into the environment. You can then purchase carbon offsets to counter your CO2 output. The firm then takes the money and spends it on something "eco-friendly". So you don't reduce emissions you go about your business but feel great about yourself because you are now considered "carbon neutral".

Al Gore has a mansion in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville that consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year

Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets".

The company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself.

In other words, he 'buys' his 'carbon offsets' from himself, through a transaction designed to boost his own investments and return a profit to himself.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Putting poisons into the air we breathe is an absolute problem today. We all want clean air! Real environmental problems are being caused by many of the things we are putting in the air, ground and water. These contaminants are being created primarily as a by product of manufacturing. The worst offenders are located in the lesser developed countries where the corporations can take advantage of little to no environmental controls and have access to virtual slave labor.

Co2 is not one of these poisons. It does not need to be controlled in any way. It does not cause global warming it is one of the fundamental elements that allow life to exist on this planet.

The movie made by Al Gore is nothing more than a fairy tale and is full of distortions, lies and misrepresentations of the facts. Reasonable people should recognize AL Gore for what he really is a liar, hypocrite and a swindler. But I must say he must be very good at it as he came within a hair of becoming the president of the US.

Global Warming is not a scientific fact its not even a scientific theory, it is a hypothesis. This IDEA is supported by a DECREASING number of relevant scientists. Those relevant scientists that do support this idea could only really make the claim that, With what little we really know about climate we can say that CO2 levels in the atmosphere COULD be responsible for SOME global warming.

The entire man made Global Warming is an absolute fraud. The fact that our global masters have offered to us as a solution a Carbon Tax as any part of the solution to this dire problem is all the evidence I need of this hoax. In light of the history of taxation and government, anyone would have to be a total fool to honestly believe that any tax offered by a government has anything to do with solving any real problems.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by freeusfromthematrix]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This made me think about something I watched a short time ago. It was in interview with Ross McKitrick and he was talking about "The hockey stick controversy".

en.wikipedia.org...

The political significance of the scientific controversy over the graph centers on its use as part of the evidence for anthropogenic global warming. The MBH98 reconstruction was prominently featured in the 2001 United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Assessment Report (TAR) and as a result has been widely published in the media.

and

A subsequent investigation, undertaken at the request of Republican Senator Joe Barton and headed by prominent statistics professor and NAS member Edward Wegman of George Mason University supported the statistical criticisms by McKitrick and McIntyre, saying "It is not clear that Dr. Mann and his associates even realized that their methodology was faulty at the time of writing the paper. We found MBH98 and MBH99 to be somewhat obscure and incomplete and the criticisms of MM03/05a/05b to be valid and compelling."

en.wikipedia.org...

So are we in global warming or is it just somebodies agenda to make us think we are ?

I'm not sure but, yes all that ice covering North America is gone, thank god we warmed up.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
admitingly i don't know for certain which gases are more dangerous, i just don't generally get real interested in the subject. I personally feel that if humans (or cows) ever become a true threat to the planet, it will shake us off like a bunch of fleas. I mean c'mon, isn't a little egotistical to think we are going to destroy something that's been here so much longer than we have, and has better survival skills than we do? just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The CO2 is gonna do the people in within a few more decades. I suggest you don't have kids WHO WANTS TO SEE THERE LOVED ONES DIE off because of stupidity.

If you do want children and grandchildren in the future I do suggest highly you plant trees and plants in mass ASAP.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Anyway what about the level of other deadly gases like methane and carbon monoxide which also causes global warming. And what about the Chloro Fluoro Carbons(CFC) they are supposed to directly destroy the ozone, it is sad that carbon-di-oxide is getting all the attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Global warming is a farce

read and understand the truth. multiple links on this page for you to research.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i have nothing to really add to that except:

i feel it is an injustice to our enviroment...

i've recently cut down my driving, i'm about to cut it off 100% for the sake of green house gases,

but sometimes i just feel alone,

if you by chance posted this because you feel the same as i do, you are not alone

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

i've recently cut down my driving, i'm about to cut it off 100% for the sake of green house gases,

if you by chance posted this because you feel the same as i do, you are not alone

Don't stop driving, just buy some carbon offsets from Al Gore and you can continue to drive a gas guzzler with a clear conscious. For a price you can be certified carbon neutral and not have to change your lifestyle one bit.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by indigothefish

Don't stop driving, just buy some carbon offsets from Al Gore and you can continue to drive a gas guzzler with a clear conscious. For a price you can be certified carbon neutral and not have to change your lifestyle one bit.

yea, i saw on Penn & Teller Bulls#$@ people paying fake carbon taxes to the show personel for their groceries...actually calculated that a guy owed them 20 cents for a bag of Cheetos because of the carbon used in getting that bag to him...LMAO, and he paid it! C'mon people, surely if u put your thinking caps on this will become clear to you that it's BS. Al Gore OWNS the company collecting those taxes, FACT. I doubt he owns 100% of it, i hope not, but the fact that he owns a large part is no secret. for the last time do research, and u will find that CO2 is nowhere close to being the most dangerous gas, and We As Humans Only Produce a SMALL percentage of that CO2! something like 15 % on the HIGH side is what i've read in a couple of places. The reason you should drive less is because we as people have began taking gasoline for granted, and it WILL dtill be here awhile, but it will never get below 3.50 again....ever. And it will probably go up to 10 bucks a galon before we get serious about changing the vehicles...so for now, enjoy it! hell, it ain't gonna get cheaper, and it will be so expensive to use before we could ever kill the enviroment with it that it WILL NOT HAPPEN. That being said, we DO NEED to realize collectively that we should take better care of this planet, there are things we might throw out of wack that won't kill earth, but will just get it really P.O.'d at us. And i don't mean CO2. Greenhouse is BS, warming is a natural process, it's been going on since the last ice age ended! DUH!fer cryin out loud, this earth has done this MANY times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join