It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's secret missile test goes out live on air

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Israel's secret missile test goes out live on air

www.russiatoday.com

An Israeli TV channel has found out that anyone who has a satellite dish can watch live transmissions of the country’s Defence Ministry. No special passwords are needed and transmissions can be easily accessed not only in Israel but all across the Middle East, including countries with which Israel hardly has warm relations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is interesting .. i wonder if this is a mistake, or they claim to be a mistake so they can show off ?

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I highly doubt this was intentional

The footage clearly shows people, computers and other equipment. All conversation, including passwords to the computer of the Ministry of Defence, can be clearly heard.

At the time of the launch those that were tuned in could see the whole process from the start of the countdown to a monitor showing all the details of the secret weapon, including speed and geographical location

I do not believe they intended for such information to be heard at all. This could have been sabotage by a third party (spies), and instead of gathering info to report back, they simply rigged it so their employer couldsee and hear everything themselves.

I am voting espionage on this.

sty

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We will see the leaked video within a few days I guess..
it is very strange whatever happened .. but I would not be surprised if this was just an admin error..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Intresting video. Maybe I'll have some one at work translate it.

Could be espionage, they sure where not private about geting the data out.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yes it was an administrative error, an intentional one at that. I am sure whoever hooked it up this way has recently dissapeared. Not necessarily that he was caught, but simply he/she fulfilled their mission.

Passwords, names, faces, room layout, screen data, that may seem like jibe to us, but its a lot of data for a rival government.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Think of all the people who curiously may have heard passwords, or other information and decided to say, "Hey, what the hell, let me see if that works.", that person would be considered a TERRORIST in today's world much like the situation that is going on in the UK. A man who logged into systems with no passwords is being charged with hacking. That is hardly hacking.

I wonder how many people knew about this.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe they will blame it on Iran. Frankly, whoever did it got away with it, and did in a clever way. I am sure everything was changed within minutes, but who knows who was able to access what in the time before they discovered this leak.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
Intresting video. Maybe I'll have some one at work translate it.

Could be espionage, they sure where not private about geting the data out.

There is a thread on here with a list of our international member whom are willing to translate material for us. I am sure I saw someone from israel on there, I'll try to locate it.

EDIT:

Well here is the LINK to it, but it looks like I was wrong.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Lecter]

new topics

top topics

join