It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My photo after a sonic boom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Im so glad if found this web site, iv been looking up for such a long time,
Here is a photo i took back in 2006 that i wish to show you all,

id be interested in your views on it,

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That is an interesting photo Turkster. It appears to be corkscrewed or spiral. There must be an aviation whiz here that can explain it. I carry my camera just about everywhere hoping to catch something odd like your photo did.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nice photo! I've seen uneven contrails before - nothing really shocking there. I do think it's cool that you 1) heard a sonic boom (I guess there are no supersonic restrictions over Turkey) and 2) you were able to see the contrail that the plane made. Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very cool photo! I heard a sonic boom in Germany and I never imagined it would be so loud. I can only describe it as sounding like the earth was splitting open.

Great photo!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Can't be sure of altitude, but to me it looks like that contrail was likely there BEFORE the boom, judging by how its faded. Most planes LOW in the atmosphere do not produce contrails alone, there are a few exceptions, but I can't imagine any over Turkey in particular.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
all i can add to it is the fact that it was up very high, it kinda gave me the feeling of something doing a skipping stone as the boom was loud and claer and when i looked up that instant and so did everyone else in the street there was nothing there, that photo was taken seconds after the boom, what ever it was it was mega fast, boom and my head looked up that instant and it was gone,

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, you need to remember that sonic booms are created because an object is metaphorically ripping a hole in sound. The object is moving faster than the speed of sound (roughly 763 MPH). If the craft was going two times that, it could very well have been out of sight by the time the boom was heard.

One of the few craft I can imagine capable of this is either the F-15, or the MiG-25...or 31. I am sure there are a few others it could have possibly been, but judging from the fact that this picture is from Turkey, 2006, an F-15 seems the most likely.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Could have been one of there 240 F-16A&B's and F-16C&D's ,they had them since 1984., Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. is one of only 5 to locally produce fighter aircraft under license; including the F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block 30/40/50) aircraft for the Turkish Air Force. Turkey is one of 5 countries to Build the F-16 .(just in case you wanted to no ) lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wanted to mention this too, but I had wanted to ensure my facts were straight about it first, but unfortunately I had lost my "big book of stuff no one knows".

new topics

top topics

join