It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?"

Any fight against an enemy with nothing to lose is one where you have nothing to win.

You don't fight.

When you understand this, you will know why the fighting occurred.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is how you fight them:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
You give them something to lose.

If their own life is already not worth saving, that they would just as soon strap a bomb, what could one possibly give to them that would that would become "something to lose". Can't be anything of a personal nature, like the sacrifice of family or friends, as that just feeds the fire.

People do these things for reasons. Discover the reasons and you're half way to winning.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

If their reason is that they hate you and your way of life, then it doesn't really seem like you are half way to winning. If they hate you for not believing in their god or following their rules, then it would seem that your choice to appease them would be to simply submit and follow their ways.

The topic isn't about the rational enemy that you can negotiate with, it is about the irrational that want your conformity or your death. There is no middle ground, no compromise.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If people the world over suddenly stopped listening to their corrupt politicians and the media, there probably wouldn't be any more wars.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

But you are right about brainwashed soldiers. They are everywhere. And your question has some historical value. Look at all the people that let themself murder by enemy armies in history without lifting a finger.
When i looked at Jews that let themselves kill standing at the ridge of their graves that they dug themselves, I thought as a boy: "How can they let it just happen". Now, as a middle aged guy I think, I could let it happen to myself. Because what is there to gain by staying alive in a world filled with idiots and barbarians. Death cannot be worse.

So, to ask your question. You can only fight people with nothing to loose by killing them, knowing that in doing so you killed yourself and any oppertunity your soul once had.

You can also choose not to fight them, but instead enrich their world with your effort to understand who they are. Maybe one day they will choose to listen to you. They used to do that, as far as Islamics are concerned, you know, before someone deafened them.

Very well said.
Rather die with your soul intact than go down the same road and become the twisted bastard you are trying to fight.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Kill their teachers, leaders and money people. Plain and simple.
Give the average people the means to earn a decent living to support their families.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It is easy to see for anyone that Islam will not rest until they have taken over the world. Their activities in Africa, Asia, and Europe clearly show that. When they start changing our culture and our laws as they are doing with their constant threats of terrorism, taking away our freedom of speech, our abillity to feel safe when traveling, our ability to feel that we can express ourselves openly in our own countries, it is time to get serious.

The way we took care of such situations in more barbaric times was to kill, rape, and pillage our way through the country side until everyone with the will to fight was destroyed. If they went into exile, no country should be allowed to give them rest unless they they were willing to fight to protect them. If hostilities continued in an area, we rounded up all the men, put them in slave labor camps, and worked them to death. The women would be then give the choice of starvation or to become prostitutes or wives of our soldiers. Soon their children were our children. Their churches and all signs of their former civilization we destroyed.

Considering that we are trying to be far more civilized in modern warfare says a great deal about the evolution of the West. Mankind is far kinder in its ways of war than we have been in the past. As a people we are getting better.

I guess the real question is, can we win this cultural war with civilized approaches to warfare, or will we have to take up the barbaric ways of the past in order to save ourselves from being taken over by religious fantacism?

Considering what Muslim immigrants are doing in Europe, there is also the option of closing our borders and leaving them to the poverty of their third world status. As the oil in the Middle East dries up, and the massive increases in their populations become unsustainable, pointing out the failure of their God to protect might be a good place to start.

Obviously our current policies are not working. The aggressive actions of Muslim immigrants in Europe and all other countries were they migrate clearly show that peace means surrender. That is not an option in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Oh I know exactly what the drive to fight in this scenario is ......... the twisting of religion.
Of that, I don't see how one can take away any religion of any person, considering the religion is the core of this persons belief, it's not tangible, its his spirit until his death and he already knows it.

Is it?

There are enough situations in which the ''leader'' is the giant pillar that supports their cause.

Once the pillar crumbles their world collapses.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Back before the first Gulf war, A wise Texas business man, staunchly took a stand against sending forces into this region, that is now causing us so much grief. H. Ross Perot, knew then, what would come to pass. Maybe if he were to step forward now, and reiterate his words of warning once more, there might be enough influential people, in positions of power, willing to listen, and take heed. Are we really willing to sacrifice the bodies and souls of so many people, on both sides of this thing, so that American corporations, can continue to enslave, more and more of us. While in the meantime they are setting up opulent Palaces in far away lands, in which to kick back, insulated, in luxury, while pulling the strings. What is in store for the common people is an up and coming, new age of serfdom.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
How do you fight an enemy that gives you two options, conform to their will or die? An enemy that views death as a reward.
How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?

The same way General Patton fought the Japanese in WWII, with blood and guts and no liberal media/politically correct types getting in the way.

The Japanese had Kamikazi pilots if you remember, they were the first Jihadist to blow themselves up.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
This is a question I have pondered as well, Karl. The way I see it there are two choices. We can try to educate such people that they do have something to live for rather than just something to die for. We can try to improve their lives. Or we can just kill them all.

Option 1 is a gamble. They may never prefer life to death. They may never find a good enough reason to keep living and refrain from killing and dying.

Option 2 is a sure thing.

Do you want to gamble your future on the willingness of absolute lunatics to embrace civilization?

If you are advocating preemptive attacks on millions of innocent people for the possible actions of a few lunatics - you are far worse than the supposed terrorists we face - because the US will be responsible for far more deaths than any puny terrorist group could ever hope to claim.

Do you not realize that the same thing could potentially happen to you someday. What if there was some group of 20 american's that successfully blew up the Kremlin because they were radical anti communists or something. Do you think it is appropriate for Russia to nuke the US and kill you for their actions?

Look if you really think there are thousands of enemies who prefer death over life how come there is so few suicide bombings - why are there no suicide bombings in the US - we are all sitting ducks with a wide open border. Suicide attacks are only occurring on a rare basis in Iraq, Israel, and Afghanistan, because 95% of the time the reason people resort to suicide bombing is to drive out occupiers.

The facts show 99.9% do prefer life over death even in the middle east. Do not listen to the BS propaganda by the neocons that they are this fanatical force all out to kill us. Don't let them scare you, statistically you have a better chance of dying by drowning in your bathtub than from a terrorist attack.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

If someone hates me because of how I live then it is in my interest to help them understand how I live and my culture. It would benefit me to befriend them instead of driving a wedge between us. Almost all people are rational and desire the same things - including peace and a happy life. It's often when people don't have one of those that they incite violence. You don't see a lot of suicide bombers coming from rich families if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think you do as Verbal says and pull a Keyser Soze who:

". . . lets the last Hungarian go. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and then he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money"

That'll do it!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

How about if they see and understand how and why you live your life and still decide that you need to live your life by the religious beliefs that they live their life by? Not only do they demand that you live the way they think you should live, but everyone you know and love as well.

What if they decide that because you do not live in accordance with the way they believe God wants you to live, they do not have to respect you? What is they will rape your women when the opportunity presents itself, and abuse those who can not defend themselves? What if they plan on defeating you by out breeding you, and taking over your country and installing their rules over the lives of your descendents?

Would then be willing to fight them to save your way of life?

Do you recognize that these things happen, that there is a very real possibility that no matter how humanely you treat them, they will not respect you?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The keys are always :

a) communication
b) education
c) commerce

You'll notice the countries which contain the most extremist, violence and etc are those who are pretty poor and have a very low level of education.

I can't think of one country which is fairly well off but has a big problem with extremist raping and pillaging in Gods name.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

But what do you do when communication, education, and commerce don't work? Because there are many times when these things do not work.

I think you should take a look at some of the things that are going on in Europe these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A Glimpse of What We Are Up Against!

Twilight of the Psychopaths

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” – John Lennon, before his murder by CIA mind-control subject Mark David Chapman

When Gandhi was asked his opinion of Western civilization he said it would be a good idea. But that oft-cited quote, is misleading, assuming as it does that civilization is an unmitigated blessing.

Civilized people, we are told, live peacefully and cooperatively with their fellows, sharing the necessary labour in order to obtain the leisure to develop arts and sciences. And while that would be a good idea, it is not a good description of what has been going on in the so-called advanced cultures during the past 8,000 years.

Civilization, as we know it, is largely the creation of psychopaths. All civilizations, our own included, have been based on slavery and “warfare.” Incidentally, the latter term is a euphemism for mass murder.

I don't agree with everthing in this article, but he's right about the psychopaths. Interesting article.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?"

we're not talking 1v1 here,just ignore them and move on?

a couple of michelin men blowing themselves up doesn't bring down an empire.

let's all wait till they get hold of nuculer weapons(right george?)then tell the gumbyment we want an option.

those white glittery things at night freak me out,wtf are they.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karlhungis
How do you fight an enemy that gives you two options, conform to their will or die? An enemy that views death as a reward. ... I want this to be about the philosophical aspect of it, not the political.

How to fight them physically? Try to educate them because obviously they need it. If that doesn't work then grind them into the dirt.

How to deal with it philosophically? If they refuse to live by the way of civilized humans ... that being 'stay off my lawn and I'll stay off yours' ... then It's me or them, and I'm going to survive on my own terms. Also ... they are wrong and I wouldn't mind stopping the spread of their error because it will help others to do so.

edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join