How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'll tell you how to fight that enemy.

You infiltrate, and set them up to attack fake or undesirable targets (Other religions & US military). Let them keep killing themselves till the smoke clears.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When the Romans attacked and defeated Carthage they laid waste to the land. They raped the women and killed or enslaved anyone left alive. The city was absolutely destroyed and the land that supported it was made unable to sustain a crop. Absolute destruction.

It's sad that it happened and we feel that we've somehow "evolved". I suppose that we think we are better than that. Israel destroys a suicide bombers families house. That obviously hasn't worked.

I too have thought about this like the OP has. It's VERY hard to fight a culture that places a higher value on the next life than on this one. The only thing that brought Japan to it's knees during WWII was the shear horror of the atom bomb. I believe that the only way to fight an "idea" like that is to get truly "med-evil" on them. How many cultures are willing to do that now days?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How do you fight an enemy with nothing to lose?

Someone has to break the cycle of violence and if you claim to be the better person, then you're the one who has to offer the olive branch. Teach love to those who only know hatred and show kindness. That would be a good place to start or you can just do what harmon said and leave them well alone and just build up your defenses in case they come knocking. Some people make assumptions about other people that are based on propaganda, paranoia and fear, but once they see what they're really like, that hatred, fear and ignorance dissolves instantly and you will realise that you are more alike than you ever imagined.

Philosophical poem - May You Always Feel Loved

May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand.

May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism.

Always know that there are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when you feel most alone.

May you discover enough goodness in others to believe in a world of peace.

May a kind word, a reassuring touch, a warm smile be yours every day of your life, and may you give these gifts as well as receive them.

Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending.

Teach love to those who know hate, and let that love embrace you as you go into the world.

May the teaching of those you admire become part of you, so that you may call upon them.

Remember, those whose lives you have touched and who have touched yours are always a part of you, even if the encounters were less than you would have wished.

It is the content of the encounter that is more important than its' form.

May you not become too concerned with material matters, but instead place immeasurable value on the goodness in your heart.

Find time in each day to see the beauty and love in the world around you.

Realize that each person has limitless abilities, but each of us is different in our own way.

What you may feel you lack in one regard may be more than compensated for in another.

What you feel you lack in the present may become one of your strengths in the future.

May you see your future as one filled with promise and possibility.

Learn to view everything as a worthwhile experience.

May you find enough inner strength to determine your own worth by yourself, and not be dependent on another's judgments of your accomplishments.

May you always feel loved. Peace!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When I was a little kid, I was looking at one of my father's souvenirs from WWII. It was a buckle on a belt from a Nazi Storm Trooper that had been killed. In addition to the SS insignia, was the words GOTT'S MIT US.' I asked what it meant and he told me GOD'S WITH US. "But Wasn't God on our side"? I asked He said that if countries didn't say that God is on their side, their soldiers wouldn't be willing to fight and die in wars ''

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Very good question.

But is it not the enemy with nothing to lose, fighting the enemy with everything.

"who is the agressor here?"

Many solutions but truly only one Answer as crass as it sounds "love" is the answer.

Abolish religion Not God

Total utter destruction TOTAL Rule complete invasion Change the Atlas re name the countries resettle the conqured lands with your own people on a scale never before seen "Peoples space" to coin a idea from a little German Fellow.

"thank you you can keep your oil, we will make our own thanks"

to the OP i love the Question thus i answer it as the thoughts came to my head i think the question allows us to have a good look at our self aswell.

Do we do Nothing? what would be the price of doing nothing?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you develop combat robots ,where is the honor in suicide bombing a robot ,or losing your life in combat?Against a droid.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Unfortunatley if the enemy will not listen to reason and will not come to some sort of compramise and they will not stop fighting, then you are really only left with one choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
At the time of 9/11 the covert assassination of a few thousand would have ended Al Qaeida. Now it will require tens of thousands and years of laborious work. You cannot pacify these people, They would roast Ghandi on an open pit and eat his liver!

We should not have been there, we should not be there now. We should leave and allow a cleanup to begin. A simple cleanup was all that was required. Once upon a time, had they cleaned up a few dozen after their Afghan operations, this mess would never have happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
We should not have been there, we should not be there now. We should leave and allow a cleanup to begin.

This is the one "tactic" I have never seen tried. Even though, for all my life, all I can remember of extremism such as what we are up against now, is that the enemy extremist has always proclaimed "just get out of our countries".

So ......... what if we did? What if that's really all it took? I mean, there is not, as far as my knowledge, an instance where the "fight for democracy" has just given in and left. (I do disclude confrontations such as Korean War in my analogy of "just leave", in that this was a North/South Korea war in which the States stepped into. That's not to say they should have. Also realize my memory of those actions are quite foggy

Sometimes the best thing to do, is also the most simple.

[edit on 19/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kindred, it would be great if a little understanding, goodwill, and love would end war. Unfortunately, the methods of dealing with these folks has already been proven over and again through history.

Alexander was compelled to depopulate vast regions. Behind him, Ghenghis too depopulated vast regions. It's simple, it's effective, and most important, it works. What enemy can strike at you when he is dead and vanquished? What foe can arise from the ashes to cause you trouble? As in the past, you eventually will make a determination. You and yours, or them and theirs. There is no in between.

And if anyone thinks these folks have nothing to lose, they are in error. Religious fanatics, especially Muslims, have more weaknesses than the law allows. Besides, they have had their asses kicked every single time they've come up against Westerners. (Russia in Afghanistan doesn't count because Russia was routed by superior American, [also Western] weapons and an overly centralized command system. You just have to focus and engage those weaknesses. Just because to do so is socially ticklish and anathema to intelligentsia and pacifists is the only reason we will suffer needless casualties before we actually get started. And Westerners, when their backs are to the wall will do just that. We seem to have to get punched in the mouth and taste our own blood before we get mad enough to fight. Historically, no one kills like Westerners.

Consider what the Soviet Union could have done in Afghanistan is they really, really, wanted to win.

No, Muslims are not unbeatable. Muslims have fears and forbidden things in their religion that would absolutely create a total dread in their hearts. You don't just kill the body. You also go a few extra steps to ensure in their own minds that they will not see the gates of their whore-happy paradise. These folks are miserable, too stupid to realize the true source of their misery, and would be easily steered toward their own destruction.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
First I don't think all Muslims are ready to blow themselves up.I think most all that do are brainwashed,mental defects or woman and kids.The ones who preach go blow yourself up would never do it.
The favorite of the VC in Vietnam was to take a family member(mostly the kids) tell the parents to do things,then kill the kids anyway.The Muslims do not have a lock on blowing themselves up.
Second,mankind(humans) have been doing this sinces the begening to each other.It has nothing to do with money,power,politics,ego or just because you can,these are motavaters but not reasons,the reason is we as humans are what we are and will never be any different unless something changes us geneticly to eliminate the predater instinks,think about it,we are what we are and that will never change.
Those of you who think I am wrong,hope with all your heart and being that you are never put in a situation to find out,then you would be the lucky ones.There are always lucky ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

The same way we did when Japan was teaching their pilots to give their lives in kamakazi death dives...

I assume that you are suggesting that we nuke their homeland? I just don't think that would work. What would we nuke? Do you think that if we dropped a nuke on Mecca, that they would just say "enough!" and call an end to it? I think that type of aggression would only solidify their resolve to destroy all things Western.

Thanks to everyone for the solid responses.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How to fight an enemy with nothing to lose?

Easy.

You kill them.

The harder question is how do you fight an enemy you can't identify?

Not so easy to kill.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You give them something to lose.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
You give them something to lose.

If their own life is already not worth saving, that they would just as soon strap a bomb, what could one possibly give to them that would that would become "something to lose". Can't be anything of a personal nature, like the sacrifice of family or friends, as that just feeds the fire.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Remove yourself as the adversary, and kill the head covertly. In a single generation no one will care about you any more. You will have erased the mechanism of perpetuation. It is not as simple as walking away. You must appear to have walked away. And still maintain the ability to cull the purveyors of hatrid and anamosity.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You win the fight by killing them all, wiping them off the face of the planet. This is the ultimate goal of both sides. Saying otherwise would be a lie.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Read Sun Tzu, "The Art of War".

The answer to your question is an ancient one and has been answered by the best and finest minds ever born on this planet.

"Therefore, whoever wishes for peace, let him prepare for war."
Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus in De Re Militari, Roman General

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
If their own life is already not worth saving, that they would just as soon strap a bomb, what could one possibly give to them that would that would become "something to lose". Can't be anything of a personal nature, like the sacrifice of family or friends, as that just feeds the fire.

They should have a reason for being ''the enemy''.
Well why are they being the enemy?
With that info you might be able to find something to make them suddenly ''have something to lose''.

Otherwise you just get rid of them or make sure that they're not in other people's way.

Everyone has something to lose.

The question is: Will they consider it ''lost'' when it is taken from them?

[edit on 20/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Oh I know exactly what the drive to fight in this scenario is ......... the twisting of religion.
Of that, I don't see how one can take away any religion of any person, considering the religion is the core of this persons belief, it's not tangible, its his spirit until his death and he already knows it.

[edit on 20/8/08 by Misfit]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join