It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Phelps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Michael Phelps recently one 8 gold medals in the olympics.
i believe that he won these medals threw a betting scandal or something along those lines.
ive have 2 examples.
my first is in the relay 4x100m it was lezak againest former world record holder alain bernard and lezak little known fast swimmer beated him.
and i forget who the other swimmer was but in his 200 m butterfly i think it was the other guy and he was beating him buy a decent amount and last few strokes and he did catch up but the other guy touched befor him and it soo looked like it in the slow moticon replay and the commentators called it very early befor the results were shown at the stadium and they counldnt of seen if he one it coz apparently he won by 1 100th of a second which i think is crap.

anyone with me???

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
anyone at all wanna say something???

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Nope.... go phelps....well done....why take it away from him...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
u got a video or something to back ur claims up? or are u just saying this because of your personal feelings? lol

please post the videos tho, so i can see what your talking about

also, dont you think everyone would be freaking out about this ? claiming its all rigged or whatever?

idk, im just really really skeptical of your claim

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
5 World Records and 5 Olympic Records tell me that it wasn't rigged.

Men's 4 x 100m Medley Final: United States (Aaron Peirsol, Brendan Hansen, Michael Phelps, Jason Lezak) 3:29.34 (WR)

Men's 100m Butterfly Final: United States (Michael Phelps) 50.58 (OR)

Men's 200m Medley Final: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:54.23 (WR)

Men's 4 x 200m Free Final: United States (Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Ricky Berens, Peter Vanderkaay) 6:58.56 (WR)

Men's 200m Butterfly Final: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:52.03 (WR)

Men's 200m Butterfly Semifinal - Heat 2: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:53.70 (OR)

Men's 200m Butterfly Semifinal: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:53.70 (OR)

Men's 200m Free Final: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:42.96 (WR)

Men's 200m Butterfly - Heat 6: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:53.70 (OR)

Men's 200m Butterfly Qualification: United States (Michael Phelps) 1:53.70 (OR)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ryan atwood
the commentators called it very early befor the results were shown at the stadium and they counldnt of seen if he one it coz apparently he won by 1 100th of a second which i think is crap.

Everything i have seen at the olympics, especially in the pool, the results seem to appear instantaneously. The commentators would be able to call the results straight away.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

just cuz he won alot doesnt mean its rigged, i mean cmon someone post a video showing him lose and then ill believe this stuff

i KNOW theres videos all over the place of phelps winning , so why are those videos NOT presented as evidence to prove it was rigged?

cmon guys , all im asking for is a simple video showing him actually lose lol, im open minded, i just need a little evidence thats all

[edit on 19-8-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ok , after reviewing one of his races,
www.youtube.com...

apparently you guys are just making stuff up or something?

or what is this video a hoax? computer gfx?

what is phelps a cyborg now?

seriously guys, i hate making fun of something but after watching the videos its apparent this guy just whooped some major tail

the Only way to rig this is if the OTher swimmers let him win on purpose, and they manipulated the video to make him win the world record

its just embarassing when someone cries conspiracy over something that is pretty straight forward

explain to me, how did he fake that race? how was it faked/rigged?

is phelps a cyborg or what? were the entire olympics faked?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Mark Spitz won 7 gold in Munich in 1972, the internet (globaly) did not kick in until the following couple of years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Had it done so earlier, would people have been saying that Mark Spitz 'used' something, or worse - cheated?

No, IMHO, I think Spitz and Phelps have a unique talent, so did Ian Thorpe (Australian) - with his rather large feet!

en.wikipedia.org...

The product of raw talent - good coaching - science - psychology and fitness training and technique will produce winners every time.

Just my two shillings and sixpence worth!
H

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I said that it WASN'T fixed. I was illustrating that he broke 5 world records and 5 olympic records. It is tough for his competitors to throw a race that they couldn't win.

Yes, he did have a few close calls but I have a hard time believing that there was any sort of a fix.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What's with all the Phelps denyers? Lezak won fair and square too.

See, this is the problem with international sites. When the Olympics come 'round, EVERYONE is against Michael. Jeeaalous!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by muzzleflash

I said that it WASN'T fixed. I was illustrating that he broke 5 world records and 5 olympic records. It is tough for his competitors to throw a race that they couldn't win.

Yes, he did have a few close calls but I have a hard time believing that there was any sort of a fix.

They also rigged the clocks!

Great example of stating the obvious with all the races he won and times. Enjoy your post in all the different threads.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Anyone notice how the French filed a protest within seconds of losing the relay by 0.01 second. As opposed to the American Dara Torres who took her loss by the same margin with a smile and laugh.

Seems like one group wanted personal glory (and financial gain?) while the other was just happy to be there and place in the top 3.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Dara Torres and Michael Phelps are all class.

When Torres finished second she still looked like a winner because of her tremendous attitude.

Phelps made history and i'm just glad that I was able to watch it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
The conspiracy headquarters of the world. If it walks, talks, breathes and does something amazing it's a conspiracy.

Phelps is a swimming machine that was trained for nothing but swimming. He's competed with the world's best and won. I'm sure if it was rigged we'd hear about it all over the news. I'd like to see a video myself.

Have you heard about his 12,000 calorie a day intake. The man is a work horse. It's all he does is swim, eat, sleep & swim some more.

BREAKFAST:

Phelps kick starts his day and his metabolism with three fried-egg sandwiches, but with a few customised additions: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and, of course, mayonnaise.Amuse-bouche out of the way, he throws back two cups of coffee and sits down to an omelette - containing five eggs - and a bowl of grits, a porridge of coarsely ground corn. He's not finished yet. Bring on the three slices of French toast, with powdered sugar on top to make sure there's no skimping on the calories. And to finish: three chocolate chip pancakes.

LUNCH:

With breakfast wearing off and the hunger pangs biting, Phelps downs half a kilogram - ie a whole packet - of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches. On white bread with loads of mayo on top. To remove any chance that his body will run out of fuel, he washes this down with about 1,000 calories of energy drink.

DINNER:

Time to load up on carbs for the next day's training. Another half kilo of enriched pasta goes down the hatch with a chaser of an entire pizza and another 1,000 calories of energy drinks. And so to bed. As Phelps told US television channel NBC yesterday: "Eat, sleep and swim, that's all I can do."

SOURCE

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Solarskye]

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's the deal; if it were ANYBODY people would still say they're cheating/ lying etc.

It goes to show you; people want to question every champion simply because they're not their own, or because they're "too good".

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I really think he is just an amazing swimmer.. Start with last olympics and carried over to this one. Simply amazing accomplishment. Not sure why would anyone would suggest he was cheating.. You know everyone was watching him like a hawk.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"If it's too good to be true, it probably is." That, I've noticed is the belief of tons of internet users. It's always fake, they're always cheating, life is boring and dull, and extraordinary stuff only happen in movies and in fantasy books.

Guess what. That is just a belief. Michael Phelps won his races fair and square. Btw... Usain Bolt did also, 100m in 9.69 seconds!
I don't hear anyone complaining about that one. I think if he was a U.S. citizen there would be somebody starting a thread here on how he cheated.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by TheBandit795]

new topics

top topics

join