It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with People?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodRedSky
Doesnt anyone listen!? It had to have been HEROIN, not meth, not crack, not black mold, just a good old fashioned dope fiend.

I'll second with you on the heroin.....although I originally said meth. Meth users are jittery little creatures while heroin users have the zombie look.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i have never done heroin or meth, or any of the such. but ive been around a lot of people that were using, and i have to say what the op decribed didnt sound like a junkie for the most part.

i worked with a guy that was on heroin at work. yeah at work. he seemed pretty normal, but since he had his tongue hanging out of his mouth, i asked him what his problem was, he told me. and he was fired shortly after.

i have been around many junkies, sometimes you cant tell they are on anything, until you ask.

also, since i have never done these " hard drugs " its hard for me to tell in the first place. so it could be heroin, not counting that out.

on the other hand if someone is drunk, i know right away. mainly because i have been drunk.

to sum up, what the op describes doesnt sound like a junky to me, as i have been around many, but then again what do i know.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
to sum up, what the op describes doesnt sound like a junky to me, as i have been around many, but then again what do i know.

You know nothing. Seriously. I have more experience with drug addicts and drugs than any normal person would care to admit. If youre looking to debate, you chose the wrong thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodRedSky

Yeah it defniitley sounds like heroin junkies.

Sadly I have had experiences with drugs and tend to hang out with those kinds of people. People on heroin are no fun. They just have that zombie stance as the OP described.

I don't know about Australia, but here in NM there is a huge drug culture so you tend to see these people alot.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

I don't know about Australia, but here in NM there is a huge drug culture so you tend to see these people alot.

Its everywhere, even where you dont think it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Easy there, fella. Unless you draw a blood specimen and have it tested for heroin you don't KNOW, either. Your guess is as good as anyone elses; no better, no worse.

Have there been any other areas where this phenomenon has been noticed? Other than a town in N.Y.

Were all these people fairly young people? Young people tend to use their cell phones a lot which does tend to fry the brain. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah I definitley learned that the hard way. Drugs are so easy to get now. It's funny there used to be this kid at a church who sold weed. I found it ironic

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Easy there, fella. Unless you draw a blood specimen and have it tested for heroin you don't KNOW, either. Your guess is as good as anyone elses; no better, no worse.

Have there been any other areas where this phenomenon has been noticed? Other than a town in N.Y.

Were all these people fairly young people? Young people tend to use their cell phones a lot which does tend to fry the brain. Just sayin'.

Okay there "fella", this "phenomenon" you speak of in NY is heroiiiin...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

Yeah I definitley learned that the hard way. Drugs are so easy to get now. It's funny there used to be this kid at a church who sold weed. I found it ironic

Haha yeah, sad but true, heroin is saturating into every crack of the US, from suburb to ghetto.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodRedSky

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

What I am saying is... there is a real issue here, overall toxiciy and chemical overload is causing alot of people to malfunction...

Alot of people overall, are no longer 100% okay in the head... The drinking water alone has trace of dozens of drugs in it and each "trace" is in theory below the amount considered active but put them all together your getting some kind of dose everytime you even touch the tap... and there is no telling how the mixture wil affect the nervous system

I'm just highlighting what is...a real and much bigger issue...

Where did you get this information?

You know what... I actually do have alot of interesting stuff on the subject... but it would take me a short bit of time to dig through and I also don't want to derail this thread...

I will post a new Thread entirely on the subject with various sources etc, etc...

It will be labeled "Toxic" in one way or another and I should be able to post it sometime tonight

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

who made you supreme commander of junkies?

was i debating? i think i simply stated an opinion, MY OPINION.

if you dont like that then maybe you picked the wrong site there buddy.

i never once stated what i was saying as fact. besides you dont know me or where ive been. so shut up.

i still hold my original position, so i will state nothing more.

it is a terrible thing to see people doing these drugs, as i know many lives that have been ruined by that crap.

I AM NOT DEBATING.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Haha supreme commander of junkies.

You're right, I dont know you, but from what you wrote it seems you havent been around as many addicts as you claim.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Heroin is everywhere right now... I live in Phx and I'm in a very exclusive area and... these rich kids 15-16 all do heroin

I suppose somehow this is related to Afghanastan because Heroin was never a typical HS drug until very recently... the aspect of needles, availability and the severity of addiction made it a dope I never really thought would ever mainstream...

so I am guessing that it's alot more widely available than ever before and it must tie in to us being in the Opium capital of the world somehow...

It's interesting to see the crowd that has picked up Heroid, it seems to be the outcasts, Goths, emo's, preppies...rich kids who's parents aren't around...

same kids who would have been smoking pot when I was in HS...

I somehow feel like around here... it's the nonconformists awnser to Meth... IT seems like Meth and Blow are the drugs of choice for the tougher kids, gangs, kids into cars and etc... and the awnser call to not seem lik Pu$$13$ on the part of the more nonconformist types is a turn on to Heroin...

In any event... Heroinis Huge on this side of the country too

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I actually do that too, it fun not to be connected to anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
From Brooklyn originally btw Blood... Moved here 3.5 yrs ago and Heroin was big in Connecticut then... but hadn't realized it had spread into the city and LI that much in that time...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Indeed. About 5 years ago it really blew up around my parts, before that, like you said, it was mostly for the weird homeless guy that talks to himself.

Now theres needles all over the middle school and high school parking lots, my beautiful little town is going to turn into a ghetto before you can blink. Its sad.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
From Brooklyn originally btw Blood... Moved here 3.5 yrs ago and Heroin was big in Connecticut then... but hadn't realized it had spread into the city and LI that much in that time...

It is HUGE on LI, haha BK home of the 40 dollar bundle.

Like I said it all started out here about 5 years ago, so maybe around the same time it crept into CT.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

All the personal sniping and attacks stop now. All members are expected to maintain a certain level of decorum at all times.

Please stick to the topic at hand: "What are people going to do with people?"

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Bro it's kind of what I was starting to talk about... and I knew yopu were right so what I have to say deserves it's own thread... 99% says that guy was on Heroin lol...

But people are being affected overall by a much bigger picture, because even when Crack got big in Brooklyn... people laid off as soon as they knew what it was and saw what it did... and noone ...as you put it perfectly aside from some really screwed up characters would ever touch Heroin...for the same reason, everyone knew Heroin would destroy your life.

But available more or not... there is a bigger picture if kids that age are willing to make their drugs of choice Heroin and Meth... which essentially is the case...

people judgement has been seriously impaired...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join