It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did The Pyramid Builders Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It seems strange, to me at least, that we don't find more recent pyramids being constructed by isolated tribes of peoples. This is one of the reasons why I believe we have been visited in the past and the pyramids in various countries around the world are some sort of sign related to this in way we don't yet understand.

I'll explain a bit more.

We find very similar looking and constructed pyramids in Egypt, Mexico, South America and China. As far as we know, these peoples were not communicating and sharing information during this time.

We know there are a number of theories as to the reasoning behind these structures. In the mainstream they've been attached to sacrifices, ceremony and burial monuments. When they're used for ceremony, people say their main purpose was to bring those taking part closer to their god's (skyward).

Since they've popped up in numerous, uncommunicative societies, I would put forward that building such monuments is a natural part of our sociological development in a way. As soon as we're capable of bringing together enough people and become skilled at stonework, these structures appear to be a "normal" result of these progress points.

So then why don't we run into previously uncontaminated societies living deep in the jungles of Africa or S. America that demonstrate this in the form of pyramid like structures? Or the native peoples, they've been living here for some 12000 years, why did they never build pyramids? They had various gods they could have built monuments for in order to be closer to.

The uncontaminated tribes around the world have had an additional many thousand of years to figure out the whole pyramid thing, yet they have not built any. People observing such tribes never stumble across a pyramid in progress for example (wow, that would be amazing).

Could it be because some civilizations were never "contacted" and some were? That's my theory anyway. That we had visitors to ancient Egypt, China and middle/south America that gave the peoples a reason to build towards the sky.

Does this make sense?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think it more likely that isolated tribes didnt have the resources to build them. The egyptians, mexicans etc all had ready access to stone quarries (sp?) pots of gold and thousands of slaves

remote tribes in jungles didnt

my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Perhaps these uncontaminated societies do not have Gods that demand they build massive structures to them or for specific ritual use for them?

In ancient Egypt, if tall animal headed beings instill fear or provide gifts, the populace would revere them as gods and either build for their honor or in adherence to their demands.

In the ancient Mesopotamia region, if giant winged men who appeared in chariots from the heavens instilled fear or provided gifts, see above.

In the ancient Yucatan Peninsula, if a flying feathered snake man-being did the same, see above.

In ancient China, ... I actually don't know what would appear to people, but still see above.

Your theory makes sense. However, it can also be the lack of resources as was mentioned prior. Certain Native American groups created totem poles, others carved massive images into the ground that can only be seen from great heights.

Of course the theoretical appearances I've mentioned above are based upon drawings and artifacts of the respective societies. We don't know if anything made any kind of contact or if they resembled anything like what has been uncovered. But when I look at hieroglyphs, I see something resembling a human and something resembling greater than human. Nice thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
dont you find it weird that there are pyramids on every continent on earth, all astronomically aligned, all built with such precision we couldnt replicate today. They all require the same level of technology. There are definite connections there. There are even pyramids on the ocean floor, and we will soon realize that there was something very peculiar going on 10000 years ago before the big flood/axial pole shift. I have many answers but you can only learn them in due time, i will answer any questions, because its my duty.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

I've said this before in other posts and it never even gets a thought posed to it, not that I care, but it would be interesting to get some more minds looking into this idea....

I believe the pyramids are the Ark of Noah. I will give you my reasons why I believe this. This isn't a religious thought, but one of study and contemplation on the pyramids.

Noah is from No-akh (suspiciously Egyptian looking) and is translated "Rest".
All of the names in the bible are actually characteristics and not names such as above with Noah which fittingly means rest.
It says, in the old testament that God spoke to Noah AND his sons.
His sons were, cHam=Hot of habitat, shem=Name and yawfith=expansion. The names in the bible are like american indian names and have meaning under them, only these meanings are not translated into english as such.

I have heard it said that cHam was of a dark skin, who was "hot of habitat" and he was also the one who was made "servant of servants".
Next was shem who was of a red skinned complexion.
Last was Yawfith who was of a white complexion.
I also believe this is where "Red, white and Blue" come from.
These to me represent the root races, perspective to the four corners of the earth, with Noah himself being the mixture of all of these.

According to wikipedia, when the translators of the bible were translating the words, they didn't know what the word Kopher meant so they translated it to the closest word they could find which was a word for cypress and that word is Gopher. The translators also added the word wood as to co-inside with Gopher, so it became Gopher Wood.

The word for stone in hebrew is Kepher. This is also the name of Peter which in the greek is petra. They were to line the inside and the outside with Kepher or stone, but such was mistranslated...I believe on purpose and this is the biggest conspiracy ever composed under mans nose. If people understood that the pyramids are the ARK, we would realize that the same God is God of all the people. Think how if we understood this that there would never ever need to be a religious war again.

Noah and his sons were told to put 3 stories inside of the Arc, the bottom for the animals, which if you look up the original words in hebrew is speaking of men and women of "unrestrained desire". In a pyramid, the lowest level is the store room or "pit". On the second story they were to place the stock animals that produce milk and wool and such, basically the producing animals. In a pyramid, the second chamber was the Queens chamber or simply the "mother". The last story, the upper chamber was for the birds and the men. In a pyramid, the upper chamber was for the king and the had a ramp called the grand gallery.

There are 12 continental plates, but 7 land masses with 2 poles both being frozen. With this I derived, 7 pairs of clean...inhabitable lands and 2 unclean or uninhabitable lands. I have a feeling that pyramids are under the ice in these places of the poles.

I believe the dimensions for the ark 300/50/30 as given in the bible reveal a ratio and not dimensions.

This would also make sense in light of Jesus saying, "I am the chief cornerstone the one the builders rejected" "Who ever trips on this stone will be broken, but who ever this stone falls upon will be crushed and scattered to the wind" How does a foundation stone fall on you? It doesn't, but a Capstone can.

The Egyptians I also believe were Volcano worshipers who believed the sun was spewed out of such and affixed to the sky. The pyramid is a representation of a volcano, so it was important to have a tested capstone.

When the flood came, the foundations of the earth were rent. If you look into the mayan glyphs regarding creation, you will see a volcano in the background.

What do you guys think? This is the missing link for us all I believe.

edit for addition

There are many more similarities, such as placing a door on the side, the portholes, and this is what really got me.

Wouldn't the best shape to survive water pressure be a pyramid? I am not an expert, but it seams it would provide even pressure on the walls. Also, I know that in the Egyptian pyramids and others around the world, that they have found sea shells and other evidence of sea life in the walls of the exterior.

Hope to hear some ideas...Peace

[edit on 19-8-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Another thing I wanted to say about the builders. Stone workers are called "Masons"....Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I posted this info to a new thread...just wanted to let you know. thanks

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

ive never really got that astrological rubbish, if i stand outside on a dark night there are millions of stars, now with the distances involved, i could say i was aligned with anyone of them and no one could say otherwise

david

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
We find very similar looking and constructed pyramids in Egypt, Mexico, South America and China. As far as we know, these peoples were not communicating and sharing information during this time.

"Similar looking" is a very subjective phrase.
What you are referring to as "pyramids" here are certainly in no manner whatsoever "similarly constructed."

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKEWe know there are a number of theories as to the reasoning behind these structures. In the mainstream they've been attached to sacrifices, ceremony and burial monuments. When they're used for ceremony, people say their main purpose was to bring those taking part closer to their god's (skyward).

"Mainstream" has very good reasons for their claims regarding the use of the structures you are referring to. It's not like they sit in an armchair and think about it until they come up with a use for an ancient megalithic structure.

For example, the blood that remains on some of the Mayan structures and the rotted remains of human organs gives at least some idea of what the structure was used for, whether that was the original intended use or not.

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKESo then why don't we run into previously uncontaminated societies living deep in the jungles of Africa or S. America that demonstrate this in the form of pyramid like structures? Or the native peoples, they've been living here for some 12000 years, why did they never build pyramids? They had various gods they could have built monuments for in order to be closer to.

This is an interesting question that lends itself to answers that other posters have suggested. However, I want to point out that you are creating a false dichotomy between those that built "pyramids" and those that didn't.

See the mound building cultures in North America, for example. They built large structures, but they are too unlike pyramids for you to include them in your musings, so they automatically become an "uncontaminated society" that never built pyramids.

Other cultures built large structures from wood. There are also other examples you should look into.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
dont you find it weird that there are pyramids on every continent on earth, all astronomically aligned, all built with such precision we couldnt replicate today. They all require the same level of technology. There are definite connections there. There are even pyramids on the ocean floor, and we will soon realize that there was something very peculiar going on 10000 years ago before the big flood/axial pole shift. I have many answers but you can only learn them in due time, i will answer any questions, because its my duty.

Every, single sentence in the above post is incorrect. Even (apparently) the last one.

Harte

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Harte]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To most of the builders it was an honor to build a monument to King and Country, just as it is for the modern builders of today's bridges and skyscrapers. They may have carved their initials or names in some of the blocks in the pyramids, like many did when constructing the Empire State Building.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
"Similar looking" is a very subjective phrase.
What you are referring to as "pyramids" here are certainly in no manner whatsoever "similarly constructed."

They're pyramids, made of multi-ton, quarried stone, therefor "similar" in appearance. Although assembled using differing "stacking patterns" to form the structure. Some with interior space, others intended to be used as platforms rather than to house anything internally.

"Mainstream" has very good reasons for their claims regarding the use of the structures you are referring to. It's not like they sit in an armchair and think about it until they come up with a use for an ancient megalithic structure.

Agreed... but I also feel archaeological interpretation can be hindered by a tenancy to cling to already established ideas and reject change or otherwise outside the box thinking.

This is an interesting question that lends itself to answers that other posters have suggested. However, I want to point out that you are creating a false dichotomy between those that built "pyramids" and those that didn't.

Come, walk with me a moment; your box is too cramped and small for the both of us.

See the mound building cultures in North America, for example. They built large structures, but they are too unlike pyramids for you to include them in your musings, so they automatically become an "uncontaminated society" that never built pyramids.

Mounds of uncut, rough stones and piled earth, aren't pyramids, correct sir.

Other cultures built large structures from wood. There are also other examples you should look into.

There are a number of native American societies that built and still build various wood structures of significant size, yes. I'm in 4th year anthro, I know how the history is in the text books very well.. This is simply my take on the ancient astronaut hypothesis which I find interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have to tell you, i wanted to post something "sceptically" oriented but it actually got me thinking. Coliseum-type buildings are still being built. Even ziggurat style is still present. I am not talking about ancient Greece/Rome's (except coliseum) architecture because it is in the heart of our modern buildings. Why pyramids are out of the fashion?
I cannot give you concrete answer, but i still think that it has nothing to do with aliens.
My personal theories - from wildest to what i consider more probable:
1) Common ancient myths that led to similar religious type of buildings. Very problematic due to lack of contact.
2) This type of buildings needed several conditions met - certain type of religion and leadership , a lot of manpower , high level of culture and finally economy and resources available.
Not very convincing but beside it i have nothing. Good post!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I have to tell you, i wanted to post something "sceptically" oriented but it actually got me thinking. Coliseum-type buildings are still being built. Even ziggurat style is still present. I am not talking about ancient Greece/Rome's (except coliseum) architecture because it is in the heart of our modern buildings. Why pyramids are out of the fashion?
I cannot give you concrete answer, but i still think that it has nothing to do with aliens.
My personal theories - from wildest to what i consider more probable:
1) Common ancient myths that led to similar religious type of buildings. Very problematic due to lack of contact.
2) This type of buildings needed several conditions met - certain type of religion and leadership , a lot of manpower , high level of culture and finally economy and resources available.
Not very convincing but beside it i have nothing. Good post!

Pyramids are built all over the place all the time.

The Pyramid Arena is a 20,142-seat arena located in downtown Memphis at the banks of the Mississippi River. The facility was built in 1991 and is owned and operated jointly by the city of Memphis and Shelby County. Its unique structure plays on the city's namesake in Egypt, known for its ancient pyramids. It is 321 feet (98m, about 32 stories) tall and has base sides of 591 ft; it is the third largest pyramid in the world behind the Great Pyramid of Giza (456 ft) and Luxor Hotel (348 ft). It is also slightly (about 16 feet) taller than the Statue of Liberty.

Source

Just not from stone.

I might add that no other large structures are built from stone today either.

Harte

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Harte]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They're pyramids, made of multi-ton, quarried stone, therefor "similar" in appearance. Although assembled using differing "stacking patterns" to form the structure. Some with interior space, others intended to be used as platforms rather than to house anything internally.

The latter and the former are not "similarly constructed" The platform-style American pyramids are built by smoothing the surface of an earth mound using cut stone.

"Earth mound." Sound familiar?

There are no Chinese "pyramids" per se, and the structures referred to as such are not in the least enigmatic. Nor are they ancient, nor are they built by an "uncontaminated" culture.

Sure you don't want to include ziggurats in with these others? They have about as much in common.

There are a number of native American societies that built and still build various wood structures of significant size, yes. I'm in 4th year anthro, I know how the history is in the text books very well.. This is simply my take on the ancient astronaut hypothesis which I find interesting.

The AA "theory" is interesting in that it is a huge pile of hokum that passes for research among the uneducated. In fact, I find it fascinating how such a pack of outright lies and devilishly purposeful mischaracterizations can sway the weak minded into a firmer belief in the works of VonDaniken than in the works of Dirac.

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just to add in the different dates of construction. The Egyptian pyramids around 4,500 BP, Mesoamerican around 1500 BP and the first Mesopotamian around 4,000 BP.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
in response to harte
The idea is that a great ancient civilization on antarctica, and others left when the massive continent started to freeze. These civilizations departed and found their way to africa and south america, and there is scientific proof to back this up because you can link these two races through mtdna. One of these groups is the egyptians, the other of course is the native americans. Popular belief is that the native americans crossed from europe to north america via frozen passage, but there is new proof rising that it is in fact just the opposite. Mound building is just an attempt at replicating their culture, even tho clearly they dont have the technology at recreation. However i dont believe that the pyramids were built by these egyptians 2500 bc or anything close to it, i believe that at one time there was a great empire spanning the world building pyramids at all their major cities like south america and giza and china, and many other places. Even off the coast of japan underwater stone megalithic structures can be found www.morien-institute.org... . When you start researching you find that this atlantis theory is not that crazy. Egyptians even have a map of antarctica without all the frozen ice, and they claim decent from atlantis, as do many south american people, as well as people all over the world. You can find this atlantis name in many, many ancient civilizations. These atlanteans were hebrew, hence the story of noah escaping the flood. They came and upheald their society and culture in egypt, then left when they were enslaved and ran out. Dont get me wrong, i do not believe these jews who are in israel today, nor do i support zionism and the catastrophe in the middle east. I believe the middle east is just a clever scheme to soil the names of these ancient hebrew, who are prophetically the lost sheep of israel and the carriers of the davidic lineage, who will in the last days come to the aid of the world.
This group of ancient israelites are none other than the gauls/galatians of southern france, northern spain. This is the same group that jesus sprang forth from and moses lead through the desert. There is DNA proof to support all of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe the countries that built the pyramids all collapsed and if they didn't then the force is just not as great. Time took it's toll which brought the man power down to a very small amount. Then, they are left with descendants living near those pyramids and old infrastructure some in poverty.

Maybe aliens came to this planet and helped those people build these pyramids. Maybe it could be related to them returning in 2012, to these landmarks which they helped build.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
in response to harte
The idea is that a great ancient civilization on antarctica, and others left when the massive continent started to freeze. These civilizations departed and found their way to africa and south america, and there is scientific proof to back this up because you can link these two races through mtdna. One of these groups is the egyptians, the other of course is the native americans. Popular belief is that the native americans crossed from europe to north america via frozen passage, but there is new proof rising that it is in fact just the opposite. Mound building is just an attempt at replicating their culture, even tho clearly they dont have the technology at recreation. However i dont believe that the pyramids were built by these egyptians 2500 bc or anything close to it, i believe that at one time there was a great empire spanning the world building pyramids at all their major cities like south america and giza and china, and many other places. Even off the coast of japan underwater stone megalithic structures can be found www.morien-institute.org... . When you start researching you find that this atlantis theory is not that crazy. Egyptians even have a map of antarctica without all the frozen ice, and they claim decent from atlantis, as do many south american people, as well as people all over the world. You can find this atlantis name in many, many ancient civilizations. These atlanteans were hebrew, hence the story of noah escaping the flood. They came and upheald their society and culture in egypt, then left when they were enslaved and ran out. Dont get me wrong, i do not believe these jews who are in israel today, nor do i support zionism and the catastrophe in the middle east. I believe the middle east is just a clever scheme to soil the names of these ancient hebrew, who are prophetically the lost sheep of israel and the carriers of the davidic lineage, who will in the last days come to the aid of the world.
This group of ancient israelites are none other than the gauls/galatians of southern france, northern spain. This is the same group that jesus sprang forth from and moses lead through the desert. There is DNA proof to support all of this.

top topics

join