It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Mysterious Skulls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

FIVE MYSTERIOUS SKULLS

www.cultcase.com

Does the existance of these skulls add another dimension to human evolution?
Are they real?
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-8-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wrote this article after coming across a photograph of the elongated skulls.
Does the existance of these skulls indicate a source of ancient wisdom?
Let me know what you think

www.cultcase.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The horned skull is a new one for me, that's really weird. The pictures of examples of two people in recent times with a horn are interesting too, wow.

There was a TLC special a number of years ago on the starchild skill where they did a DNA test and it turned out to be 100% human, no surprise.

The elongated skulls are a result of cradle boarding.. one thing I've always wondered about those is once they're heads are shaped like that, do their brains bounce around in there? lol. I mean if they jumped would it hit the top and then fall down
I would think that would cause bruising, it would swell and they'd die? Weird.

Thanks for the photos
The horned one is my fav, anyone know how that happened?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
These photos have been on the internet for years and years - it's not breaking news I'm afraid.

(Who knows - genetic defects / binding a child's skull in infancy (as with the feet of Japanese women) / hoax?)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

ANoNYMike, you mentioned seeing a TLC show years ago where DNA tests on the Starchild Skull showed 100% human DNA? Are you sure?

I'm not doubting you saw or heard that, but I haven't heard that and I thought I was a pretty steadfast follower of Starchild news. As far as I know they found human mother DNA but couldn't find human father DNA supposedly because the father's DNA isn't reacting to the chemical identifiers. The father's DNA either doesn't exist or isn't human. But again I may be behind the times.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I've studied anatomy / physiology / fetal development. That skull is identical to the skull of an unborn infant at a particular stage (albeit larger than usual), with the addition of teeth.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Alot of these could also be caused by mutations or other genetic abnormalities. For example, A person with part of a failed twin might make the head larger than usual since during development the body tried to grow 2 heads instead of one (but this is just a theory). As far as the horn scenario.. Not sure what would cause that naturally other than some genetic abnormality.. Especially the image at the top of the 2-horned demon-looking skull..

I saw a special a while back on national geographic about some little boy in the middle east. He had some kind of growth on his stomach or something that would intermittently make him very sick. They took the mass out and discovered that it actually had bits of hair and teeth on it.. That's just creepy.. But it just goes to show you never know.. Alot of wierd things can happen to the human body during development.. And, obviously, some conditions are more rare than others.. Therefore, rare conditions like this would be more likely to confuse the heck out of people.. Especially since it is definately not normal.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
this could be a big elaborate hoax.

But if it weren't and these anomalies had more meaning than met the eye, it would put a whole new spin on the movie Coneheads and disinformation in movies.

also another connection in the photos on that website between egypt and mayan artistic renderings.

Intriguing to say the least

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The one labelled "The Bulgarian Skull" isn't even a skull.

It's just a piece of bone (looks to me like the pelvis) that has been either broken or sawn. What is shown is essentially a cross-section that coincidentally (and only slightly) resembles the basic forms associated with a skull.

You can see the pores (or whatever you call them) in the bone where it was sawn or broken.

When a website puts up such a spectacularly obvious bit of flim-flammery such as that, it should immediately cause one to ignore everything else on the page.

Harte

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow. Mysterious sure is the word. Those looked to be mutated, or something.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im interested in the relationship, if any, of the elongated skulls to egyptians and possibly the huge seven foot people recently found in the green sahara. The dates definetly dont add up 1100 bc, 200 bc, and 5000 bc respectively. However, anatomical anomalies and geography is an interesting way to make cross cross cultural comparisons. I have even read once before that native american dna is quite close to that of the egyptian or vice versa. Thought provoking at any rate.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not that this might be germane to this thread but I would point out that you can warp bones by gentle pressure applied over time and if you use steam you can "bend" them.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the starchild skull that always comes up with mysterious looking skulls looks like kids born with oddly formed skulls because of depleted uranium.

i wonder if that can be proof a ancient unclearer war, depending on how far back the skull dates.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I can answer a few of those:

The first displays evidence of manufacturing -- for one thing, the skull's sutures (cracks) are missing (they should be there) and features that must be present (holes below the eye sockets where the nerves run, etc) are "mysteriously missing" from the skull.

Then there's this quote:

During an archaeological dig in Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania in the 1880s, a number of human skulls were unearthed. These skeletons were anatomically correct, except for the anomaly of their projections, two inches above the eyebrow, and the fact that their average height in life would have been around seven feet tall. The bones were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where they were stolen - never to be seen again.

No such thing as "The American Investigating Museum". And "we found this and took a picture but it Mysteriously Vanished or was stolen" is a hallmark of a hoax tale. They don't want you finding the clay covered object because anone with half an ounce of curiosity would say "this thing is covered with clay. Clean it up and let's look again."

Horned people (keratinism) is a known genetic anomaly. I have seen one form of it caused by a virus similar to the one that causes warts.

Starchild skull was tested at one time and found to be 100% human, though the person who has charge of the skull didn't like the verdict (apparently). Hydrocephalus has been the suggested diagnosis.

Peruvian skulls -- they're showing you one of many hundreds that they have. They know that this is caused by binding the heads of the babies. These are fully human and other than the binding causing the head to have a strange shape, there was nothing wrong with the people. Humans have practiced binding of other body parts, and even in adult life the skeleton can be reshaped to some degree. The Padaung tribe is a good example of bone reshaping of the neck region:
www.anorexorcism.com...

Ahkenaten: they show you a stylized Egyptian picture and present it as literal truth. Their mummies are around and while they do have long heads, their heads fall within the range of normal human beings (look for the x-rays and you'll see. National Geographic did a presentation on this).

Small skull: that of a child about 3 years old (judging from the teeth) who died from hydrocephalus. The fontanelle ("soft spot" on the top of a baby's head) has not filled in yet and the sutures (cracks) are very prominent. The teeth and jaw show that this is a child's skull.

Half skull: hydrocephalus again, but a more slowly progressing case. This person reached adulthood, but just barely.

"Bulgarian skull"... is not a skull, nor is it of human origin. It does appear (a Hans pointed out) to be the sacral area, but it's not human... I believe it's bovine based on the size and the "T" shape of the top area. Notice that they never show you the whole thing -- only the angle that can be "called" a "skull." You can see the sawed area where the sacral spines have been removed to make it look more like a skull. You can see the dip of the hip sockets, too.

There are no other views of it as far as I know... only the "face forward" view.

I predict that this is another "mysterious skull" that "vanished mysteriously" after being found (and that if you pressed the people who found it, they would say they sent it off to some scientist somewhere who never received it.)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It does appear (a Hans pointed out) to be the sacral area,

Howdy Byrd I believe that was our osteologist Harte who pointed that out.

Good comments. I should have noticed the lack of proper structure on that skull myself.

top topics

join