It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real "RED DAWN" scenario to come?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think its got potential, and could happen.

Just not in the way the OP says or the movie...
Looks at where the U S troops are, ....all around Russia...

I think its more likely that it could happen, but in a reverse senerio.
Whos economy is failing, and who has the largest troop inlistment in over 50 years, and who talks more of looking for other answers, than fixing their own problems.....U S...IMHO

Its almost like the situation the movie was place/set in is reversed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i have been hoping with such advances in the movie industry i wonder of the special effects the movie will have given the fact at least more than two decades have passed and one of the stars perished. i believe that Chuck Norris should be in the movie and if he isn't then why oh why isn't he? if he is not in the red dawn then it will be a mockery amongst both the film red dawn and the actor chuck norris, to say the least a possible red dawn scenario may dawn upon us when we least expect it, or ironicly 6. a m some halloween in the future possibly by midget terrorists in clown costumes

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this is a work of fiction but could happen,
may 2 2012 4:30 am at the Rio grand river TX, NG outpost tango.
The night cam was working well that night, First sergeant Shawn Douglas, just did the last "eyes on" check, his day done, got in to his Hummer and headed back to base,little did he know, out post tango would be no more.

As dawn approached the feed went dead, out in the distance a loud rumble could be heard , but not seen , a convoy of over 300 armed troop transports, Tanks and old outdated Russian BMP's from the cold war era was heading for a small west TX town, the mission get in to the USA as far as it could, inflict as much damage, terror, and chaos, as well as draw form the West coast and the Gulf coast, US troops.

At the same time, a sea launched attack was being launched on the naval stations in San Diego, on the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach and others up and down the west coast, some being stopped at the gates others sinking ships and taking out docks as well as blowing up weapons depots in CA, TX, OR, WA, the attacks in NV UT and AZ failed, as the calls and reports started to come in, the picture was plan as day the USA was under attack, from within.

Gulf of Mex ports were also being targeted, oil and weapons depots, docks, bridges, and major Highways, the I-10, I-35, and I-37 had holes in them form one side of the road to the next 200 ft long and 30ft deep, in the end the FBI would do a test to see what would cause such a hole.

Tanker trailers, filled with high explosives, one going in each direction, more than 2 dozen were used the morning to do the unthinkable, a invasion of the USA. In all 2000 US troops wounded 150 killed, the civilian loss was much higher some do to the fact troops, thought US citizens where the enemy when they were trying to defend them selves, or their property and loved ones. While others were killed by neighbors or by the invaders,in all some 36,000 killed or wounded that day. by noon it was all but over when air units were given the green light to use force. Some 4 years later the USA is still under Martial Law, the border from CA to TX is nothing more than Concertina wire, land mines and armed Guard tower's. Obama has said"this will not be here for long, and the US is still under threat from with in".
ABC news breaking report... East coast under attack... Tuesday June 14 2016.
this is a work of fiction but could happen just the same

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This was the movie in the 80s for sure, I figure alot here are not old enough to have seen it when it first came out and saw it later. But seeing it at the time when you thought, there just might be the possibility of a Russian attack one day, it was raised up a level for that alone on the coolness scale. I was ready to go live in the mountains at my ripe age of 11. I dont know if the remake will ever even come out or not, but last I heard, it was changed so much to a modern day politically correct family friendly flick instead. Leave it to Hollywood to meathook a perfectly good movie remake...

There is no way this could ever happen...period...the simple fact that we now have satellites watching everything, They could never even get across their own borders with a thousand men without us knowing about, forget about getting a hundred thousand...trickle in would never work either. Add to it that normal Americans have updated their arsenal as well to the latest and well the answer will always be, not a good ending for those attempting it.

The only way the US gets jacked is by nukes, which equals the end of more than likely everything and everyone on both sides. There will never be a couple nukes sent, it will be all or none. Which is almost a good thing, how weird is that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hello OP

All I know is that there better not be a training accident and paratroopers were blown off course. Because if I see more than 5 paratroopers coming down in my neck of the woods, they will be dead before they hit the ground. lol

I could always use the 'Red Dawn' defense.
ROFL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

america will not be invaded by outside forces , america will be attacked from within .
there will be sleepers all over the usa and at a given signal they will detonate bombs at the power stations , airports and other vital areas .
this will cripple comunications so no one will know whats happening until its to late.
remember even giants can be brought down with a small stone or a cut to the achillis heel .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I loved that movie!

I just want to throw this wikilink at you.

Poisoning of Potomac River According to Lunev, a probable scenario in the event of war would have been poisoning the Potomac River with chemical or biological weapons, "targeting the residents of Washington DC". [1] He also noted that it is "likely" that GRU operatives placed "poison supplies near the tributaries to major US reservoirs." [8] These allegations have been confirmed by former SVR officer Kouzminov [9] who was responsible for transporting really rather dangerous pathogens from around the world for Russian program of biological weapons in the 1980s and the beginning of 1990s. He described a variety of biological terrorism acts that would be carried out on the order of the Russian President in the event of hostilities, including poisoning public drinking-water supplies and food processing plants

en.wikipedia.org...

He describes kind of what the USSR was planning to do. I imagine, it has not changed. People think the USSR is dead, but Russia is still very much alive and full of nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
my initial response to an invasion from outside or within would be to be invisible but when it's time to strike, leave fear in the hearts who witness the afterbirth of my wrath, mutilate the corpses, impale them, make a forest of corpses, unholy grave of war, make the powers that be attend their demise, use their tools upon them, kill your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations from the women.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I think your analysis is very fitting, apt, alert, wise, bright.

THANKS MUCH.

What are your guesses about the timelines involved?

How many weeks before full or partial nuclear exchanges and invasion of CONUS by China, Russia et all?

May God have mercy on all of good heart toward Him.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I'd be interested in your responses to John Paul Jackson's scenarios in his prophecies in this video:

www.youtube.com...

Amongst others . . . he speaks of hurricanes & tornados in strange places in the USA

He spoke in 2008 of financial collapses . . .

assassination attempts

riots

volcanoes

solar and other space based radiation

political corruption

terrorist activity

quakes

. . .

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinsomniac
I believe that World War III has already happened on three different occasions over the past 40 years and that almost all life on the Planet was completely obliterated by nuclear weapons. The first time it happened was during the Bay of Pigs in 1962 when President Kennedy launched an attack on the USSR over the Cuba incident.
Extra Terrestrials somehow stopped time, reversing the process and changed history so we would still be here.
I think this will happen again if a major attack is taking place. The Aliens need to have us here. We are their experiment, and they don't want their project ending before it's supposed to.

Thanks for that. I am unaware of any nuclear exchange, not saying it didn't happen, but I am quite aware of the Time Reset thing. I have felt it several times in the past, as you have. I also agree abut the "experiment." Makes sense to me, but I am sure others will find it completely off base. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The scenario I have pondered in the past was this. How could China possibly invade the USA without a huge blue water navy.

Then I started looking around my own country. China owns lots of property here, they own Costco and lord knows how many warehouses, but getting 1 million Chinese Soldiers here would be a logistics nightmare. or would it?

If you live near busy train tracks or have seen the USA freight ports, you will notice lots of china rail cars or freight containers they move from ships to rails or truck transport all over the US.

What if China figured out a way to fill these containers with soldiers and supplies, and simply shipped them via freight to strategic locations all over the US? Possibly housing each soldier in stack able containers inside the cars. The soldiers could be sedated and a computer could signal each one to revive the soldier, China could send enough people to secure there warehouses and access transportation. From these warehouses they could launch surprise attacks all over the US. The infrastructure is all in place.

Christmas morning, all is well until all major US military targets are hit at the same time by highly trained Chinese soldiers.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Returning to the future map of the continental United States as it will look when we party in 2099, and the fifty states will be realigned into economic territories...

..Yes, there will be a lot of fighting on American soil. Most likely between the years 2050 and 2060.

This fighting will greatly contribute to the creation of the new map of the continent.

Alas, it won't be only Americans fighting against a foreign invader. It will be one group of Americans aligned with one group of foreign invaders, fighting againt other groups of Americans aligned with other groups of foreign invaders.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

fire and wind come from the sky from the But Crom is your god. Crom and he lives in the earth. Once giants lived in the earth and in the darkness of chaos they fooled Crom and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered and the earth shook and fire and wind struck down these giants and they threw their bodies into the waters. But in their rage the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. And we who found it are just men. Not gods not giants just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery, you must learn its riddle you must learn its discipline. For no one, no one in this world you can trust. Not men not women not beasts this you can trust.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First off, whats going down in Mexico is nothing political it is a straight up drug war that is unfortunately fueled by poverty and the black market demand from their neighbors up north. Not expecting any revolutions going on down there but if it keeps heating up I do expect American intervention, which I wouldn't mind to much if it was handled properly. I feel for our brothers in the south, it must suck having your country being taken over by gangs.

As for Venezuela/Taiwan I'm not sure whats really going on in there to give a proper assessment.

Second, I am the opposite of worried about a invasion from any country in the middle east. They don't have the resources nor the geopolitical backing to even make it over here. Hell most of them don't even have the domestic political stability to get their nation ready for a war.

Now on to the big one, since the Rooskies have stopped being a realistic main villain in our action films since the cold war ended. China is now looking like the next big bad guy(whoowhoo) the most I can see happing with that is a proxy war/culture war or a trade war at best.

As for Red Dawn the movie.... Love it, supremely cheezy movie.
edit on 2/12/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join