It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real "RED DAWN" scenario to come?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My imagination is sometimes mixed up with intuition and vice versa however this cold war is probably going to be a little warmer than the last one.

Just this past week I watched the 1980's classic, "Red Dawn" in which a multilateral force invades us from the south and down through Canada.

The scenario was that Mexico had a revolution and a few central american countries paired up with russia/ussr to take advantage of the revolving door that is the mexican border. Russian troops made their way via Alaska / Canada.

Another note in the movie is that there was a limited nuclear exchange as mutually assured destruction governed the degree to which all parties involved their nukes. The USSR nuked some missile silo arrays and then went for the heart of washington while invading from the south. China, too, was attacked on a limited level.

Some real life notes to consider:

-Instability in Mexico (police / army personnel getting lynched/impaled regularly when not simply shot at).
-The whole story playing out in Georgia. *Trigger Event*
-Venezuela amassing high end military hardware.
-Iran. (ICBM infrastructure pretty much in place now) *Trigger Event*
-Taiwan - China. *Trigger Event*
-Pakistan.
-Al Qaeda/"The *Data*base".

-Threats on our right to bear arms/gun registry/banning.
-Our military spread out too thin!
-Anti missile batteries across europe. The window of opportunity is closing fast for the russians! *Trigger Event*
-Policital conflict over zoning of the Arctic / Oil. *Trigger Event*
-Iraq.

I'm sure we can add lots more. I see 5 potential triggers for heavy fighting by superpowers and yes, Russia is still a super power as well as China. No matter what you are told, they are very healthy and vibrant on all levels.

If the opportunity for Russia to have any effective offensive is closing, they are about to escalate things to the point of just before giving launch orders. Time is running out for them. Understandably, they are pissed as we would be.

Mexico's border is just an open door block party. If you can smuggle in human livestock, small WMD cannot be any harder. If we are largely disarmed then it would be taking candy from a baby for any invaders! They could flood in equipment faster than our troops could be called home leaving our own military as the invading force when coming home!

I'm taking the high road with the scenario and maximizing all the variables but isn't that what it takes when it comes to planning such a bold move? Overwhelming force? Goliath is far too busy looking at the ladies while David(our potential adversaries) is aiming his bow.

The only thing I can think of is we need to make sure we have strong allies with a mutual security agreement such as that in NATO. Now I see why the vigorous pressure to expand and Russia's obvious resistance to it. I'm being as objective as possible, however the Red Dawn scenario seems much less far fetched now than it did during the cold war!

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I believe that World War III has already happened on three different occasions over the past 40 years and that almost all life on the Planet was completely obliterated by nuclear weapons. The first time it happened was during the Bay of Pigs in 1962 when President Kennedy launched an attack on the USSR over the Cuba incident.
Extra Terrestrials somehow stopped time, reversing the process and changed history so we would still be here.
I think this will happen again if a major attack is taking place. The Aliens need to have us here. We are their experiment, and they don't want their project ending before it's supposed to.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I thought that was a cool movie when I was a kid. Those helicopters were wicked.

But I watched Red Dawn three or four years ago and I thought it was about the stupidest movie ever. Especially that scene at the prison camp, where the kids talk to inmates from the other side of the fence: "We'll get you out of here, Dad! I promise!" or whatever it was.

I don't believe that that film was intentionally produced for the sake of propaganda (after all, it's a decent enough concept for an action/war flick), but, regardless, it's good propaganda.

But to reply succinctly to the Topic of This Thread: No, a real "Red Dawn" scenario is not to come, in my opinion. The USA is no more "invadable" now than it was in Hirohito's time.

F

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I personally think it is plausible for a red dawn scenario to happen but its success is highly doubtful on the long run . Just because we think it would be a crazy idea doesn't mean a ill informed premier or prime minister wont take the chance .

Look at Hitler most of his cabinet said don't go for Russia consolidate what we got then next spring or next fall go for Russia . His poor choice and mother nature conspired against him they had one of the worst winters in western Russia in think it was 40 years. He didnt listen to good advice and well look where he is at today . I have read books that stated that if he hadnt made that fateful error the world power structure would be Germany US and china splinting the world up

Poor judgment we could get attacked it wont be pretty and unless the whole world is against us we would win.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good replies!

I think its unlikely at this time but not unlikely if one of my noted trigger events happen and a real possibility if 2 or more events happen. If just one involves Russia directly who knows.

Ya the bay of pigs was definitely a trigger event and it surprises me that nothing was learned from it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WOLVERINES! Good thing I moved to Sicily
but I think it may happen within the next decade. Didn't Patton say that if we don't fight the Russians now we will fight them later?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Yeah, Patton did say that, huh?

Hitler himself couldn't understand why the Yanks didn't join him in his fight against the Soviets. Hitler hated the communists as much (or more than) the U.S. ever did.

But I think an invasion of Russia is just as likely as Russia invading the U.S. In otherwords, I think it's entirely unlikely.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
On the Alaskan strategy, when playing the board game 'Risk', you'll always win if you acquire Alaska. You can invade and conquer all, after the other Countries have thinned out their troops, after having strategically placed your/ their armies to intitate those battles ...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

fortunately... the real worlds troops movents aren't limited by board game lines or the Australians would have won long ago

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

fortunately... the real worlds troops movents aren't limited by board game lines or the Australians would have won long ago

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a Red Dawn scenario for the USA is ridiculous, we are uninvadeable... America and Canada which is a given on our side in an invasion are Huge...

No nation could hold that kind of territory against... 400 Million rebels..

we can barely hold Iraq and we are talking about America... The Russians couldn't do Afghanastan...or us Nam...

It's an impossible scenario given our natural country side huge uninhabited zones and all the rest...

Red Dawn was a good movie because... well, if you like it and your American... you had the same feeling I did... "this could be fun"

We would tear the heck out of anyone lol, lol...

you know how much hardware we have, trucks, chemicals, explosives, factories...guns, guns...guns... did I metion we have Alot of guns?

look what 2 Airliners can do... lol if Americans got terrorist OMG... we could maybe wipe the enemy with kamikazee airliners... we have thousands and thousands of floating fuel bombs... oil tankers, catepillers...

There will never be a land invasion of the USA

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have the movie and watched many times. A little different now a days some 20 some odd years into the future, but a similar scenario could happen I'm not saying it would tho.

We have so many troops all over the world wouldn't be so hard to tie them up over there then here leaving the united state open to invasion. of course they will used nukes and take out major military installations depleting out armed forces, leaving only the common citizen to defend themselves. So its plausible and I wouldn't rule it out.

on different not, a more positive note everyone can just realize who the real enemies are and stop fighting each other. but then again no matter what scenario you play out it all makes out like a climatic movie in the end.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
"Wolverines!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

To answer your question, yes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Plucky, for real? You think a "Red Dawn" scenario is a likelihood?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I think you might have something. I don't know if we're about ready to wake up and see Soviet tanks driving down the street, but Russia's definitely ready to do something. I think that we really gotta watch the situation in Georgia and the middle east carefully. Maybe Russia's gonna try for Afghanistan again?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Well yeah, but we've gotta watch for a possible invasion on Europe, or Afghanistan. By the way...Red Dawn is really cheesy.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Invasion and 'holding' a country is so passe. Why not just destroy it and move on?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Let's hope the remake of "Red Dawn" goes into more detail of the invasion

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
look what 2 Airliners can do... lol if Americans got terrorist OMG... we could maybe wipe the enemy with kamikazee airliners... we have thousands and thousands of floating fuel bombs... oil tankers, catepillers...

Thats true. You could dominate the world with kamikazee airliners ..
Just don't go blowin' up Canada

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
But I watched Red Dawn three or four years ago and I thought it was about the stupidest movie ever.

How dare you even think such a thing! I hope Santa brings you reindeer turds for Christmas. In fact, you should be banned from this board and driven in the street tarred and feathered.

"Red Dawn" is perfect. Of course, that means Hollyweird is remaking it, and once again destroying all my fond childhood memories.

Could it happen in real life? Who knows? But I'm practicing my prepping of mailbox IEDs, just in case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join