It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama or Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
As a Dutch guy i want to know why the people who claim to be ''anti-war'' chose Obama who wants to send troops to Pakistan etc above Ron Paul who wants to send all the troops back home and not invade anymore lands.

From what i see Obama is closer to Bush then Ron Paul is, are you people just voting because of his race ?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Many people are just plain ignorant. If people really understood why Ron Paul wanted to abolish the federal reserve the income tax and bring the troops home he would be president of the corporation. People don't know or don't care and are fed BS through the media. An eighth grade student could understand how fractional reserve banking works in one period. Yet it is not taught at that level nor the college level. What does that tell you?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Obama may be allowed to win. Ron Paul was put down before he had a chance. It is not the choice of the people, the system was able to shoot any chance Ron Paul to pieces before he could get off the ground.

I personally hope that Obama got through the defenses because they could not shoot him down. He is our last hope of avoiding complete tyrany.
If he is just another puppet of the machine, then we are lost.

Watch in fear, this election has dire consequences for the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I personally hope that Obama got through the defenses because they could not shoot him down. He is our last hope of avoiding complete tyrany.
If he is just another puppet of the machine, then we are lost.

Watch in fear, this election has dire consequences for the world.

The last statement is absolutely right. Whether America ends up debt slaves to the rest of the world, or if we try and fight our way out if it... To me, personally those seem to be our options as a country given the candidates.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Why not Ron Paul?

Because he is old and unhip.....he doesnt give long sermons about change and he doesnt throw all of the neat buzz words around.

He isnt promising free handouts, he isnt catering to big business and their lobbyists, he has made many enemies on capitol hill over the decades because he has never been afraid to go against the grain and he has had this funny habit of calling the liars in Congress on the B.S. and making them answer for it.

He isnt politically correct and he isnt all about flash and flare.

Simply put he is by far the best candidate for the job, unfortunately the best candidate is not what the PTB are looking for. They are looking for a pretty face with enough charisma to lull voters to sleep while they carry on with business as usual.

Ron Paul is too loud, he makes too much sense, he actually has the best interest of the American people at heart. This is why they have (both parties) made a drastic effort to see to it that he never even has a chance of making the ballot.

He just isnt the right breed to be in this dog and pony show we call an election. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterass
As a Dutch guy i want to know why the people who claim to be ''anti-war'' chose Obama who wants to send troops to Pakistan etc above Ron Paul who wants to send all the troops back home and not invade anymore lands.

From what i see Obama is closer to Bush then Ron Paul is, are you people just voting because of his race ?

We are living in a country where the majority of ppl subscribe to the idea that men claiming their written words are the moral authority of some unseen god that will punish us all for being born and having a life filled with experiences.......... except of course punishment is withheld from those who believe this saviour legend based on a man that lived thousands of years ago.

So, considering this fact, it should be no great snippin' suprise that most are buying into the fact that Obama is gonna actually be the one to save this country, and not only the country but the world.

"omg! he is black, believes in god, and promises that he will change things for the better. I believe him despite his ridiculous stand on the issues bc he says he is going to make everything all better and take care of us and I believe it and he is christian. oh yeah, and he's black and handsome."

oh garsh... *runs to the bathroom to vomit*

[edit on 19-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterass

Most people don't realize how dreadful an Obama presidency will be. It will be four more years of wiretaps and war.

I am voting Nader.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

We are living in a country where the majority of ppl subscribe to the idea that men claiming their written words are the moral authority of some unseen god that will punish us all for being born and having a life filled with experiences.......... except of course punishment is withheld from those who believe this saviour legend based on a man that lived thousands of years ago.

So, considering this fact, it should be no great snippin' suprise that most are buying into the fact that Obama is gonna actually be the one to save this country, and not only the country but the world.

We are living in a country where the majority of ppl subscribe to the mainstream news thus Ron Paul never had a chance because he was never mentioned.

I agree with the post above.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klemperer
Most people don't realize how dreadful an Obama presidency will be. It will be four more years of wiretaps and war.

And if you oppose it you will be branded as a racist. At least people can complain about Bush.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I found it interesting that Don Estulin said a year ago, the Bilderbrugs were think about taking Ron Paul out. Despite his being ignored by the media he was still in the race and the little folk were actively campaigning for him this summer. The Bilderbrugs met in the US on June 3? and three days later with no warning Ron Paul pulled out of the race. He actually stated a few days before pulling out that he was NOT going to pull out. Interesting isn't it.

I will still vote for him because I refuse to vote for the other two puppets.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I like him a lot. He does make a lot of sense but is unwilling to toe the line, which cost him greatly. Unfortunately, I did find it hard to come to terms with the fact that he is a republican. In the truest sense of the word he is of course. A man FOR the republic but nowadays being a Republican is synonymous with Truthiness, ignorance, greed and warmongering. Well, at least to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ron Paul pulled out of the race
Geeshhhhhhh and I like Ron Paul,I had a pleasant conversation with him a few months ago by phone, he answered my questions completely, specially the one about investigating Bush & Co iand bring criminal charges against them, if Ron Paul became our next President, I liked his answers

I would have voted for Ron Paul even tho I am a Democrat but since he dropped out, I will definately vote for Obama now, no way would I ever vote for a womanizer like McCain he's dishonest.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul or Obama? No comparison. Obama will continue right along where Bush left off. He'll keep growing government, he'll keep up this war or another just like it in Pakistan. He'll keep the eavesdropping and "security" measures.

It'll be exactly like it is now but we'll get to pay more in taxes for the privilege and he'll take my guns.

Change = more government control. I guess he'll change the rate at which we run head first into complete slavery.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul speaking live...

www.campaignforliberty.com...

new topics

top topics

join