It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChChKiwi

Here are the details:

Spacecraft Position:

Altitude: 60.10 km
Latitude: -0.19°
Longitude: 42.14°
Principal Point:

Latitude: -0.61°
Longitude: 42.34°

Illumination:

Sun Azimuth: 88.05°
Incident Angle: 64.43°
Emission Angle: 13.52°
Phase Angle: 70.29°
Alpha: -6.47°

Hi Resolution

From here...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Those two features do not appear in the other two photos I looked at, the one before and the one after (1075_med and 1077_med, respectively), so I suppose they were created during the processing onboard Lunar Orbiter (the rectangle inside a circle) and/or during the scanning process (the hair looking feature).

Curiously, something similar to the rectangle inside the circle also appears on photo 1077, just on the top edge.

I could not find anything like that in photo 1075_med, but it may be there also, whatever that is.

All images taken from the Lunar Orbiter Photo Gallery.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry but, I don't think there's anything to see here. I certainly ain't convinced..everything shown could have occured naturally.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Toothache? Aw shucks! You must've bitten off more than you could chew!!
But don't despair. If it's chronic, I've got a mantra that'll banish any toothache FOREVER without you having to go to a dentist! Just U2u me if you're serious!

Now here’s something that may keep you occupied till then!

This is from NASA World Wind. Go to ‘Moon’ Clementine 40X and zoom in at the North pole on the ‘other’ side. Needless to say, this could be pixellation which is producing these artifacts. What if its not? Hmmm...

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Curiously, something similar to the rectangle inside the circle also appears on photo 1077, just on the top edge.

I could not find anything like that in photo 1075_med, but it may be there also, whatever that is.

All images taken from the Lunar Orbiter Photo Gallery.

Strange! A processing glitch? Looks like it is as it isn't visible in the other pics you posted.

Regarding the second set above, that feature seems pretty intriguing. Any other source image for this area?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As far as I know (and I haven't looked for it yet) there is no other source for that image.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question about World Wind. I think that is the result of bad mapping over the Moon globe, Clementine had an orbit that allowed for good photos of the poles, as is usual on mapping missions, so that is the only (if we do not think of conspiracies) possibility I see.

[edit on 21/9/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Sorry everybody, and specially mikesingh, having a toothache must have affected my way of posting in a way I did not noticed when I was writing it, private matters should be kept on private channels, on topic posts is what everyone need.

I promise my posts from now on will be on-topic (but as I still have my toothache I have to be more careful when re-reading what I write)

I wish I had your excuse!
I'm just a knee-jerk from the antipodes!

Well, not totally knee...more like an anterior ligament...slightly schizophrenic in my replies and remarkably inconsistent!
I like the work all of you do , I find it interesting, that's why I'm here, and I just put my two cents (wait, that's gone from our coinage now), uh, five cents in.
Thanks for your patience and tolerance!

Oh, and thanks for the information, Mike

[edit on 21/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here's one from Apollo 15. The shine on the objects compared to the surroundings, shown by the arrows is intriguing....

However, these could be scratches on the film, though it doesn't look like it.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Coincidentally, the upper object has also been found by Jack Arneson here..

Cheers!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I will say when the lunar orbiter goes over an area the images are pieced together with another orbit causing diagonal lines. The orbiter actually travels diagonally other wise we cant scan the entire moon. Do to differences in shadows you will get hot spots. And the vertical lines show how the scans are interlaced thus the reason people see lines from top to bottom these are scans not pictures pieced together. you see the same thing happen on scans of the earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I say, there are far more interesting things on our moon than on Mars.

That is to say it isnt hard to reach for these oddities on the lunar surface compared to Mars. Mars being a planet for off and yet to have had humans walk on it is full of mystery but typically explainable phenomena.

The moon is blatant and the surface is well photographed and mapped and yet there are still "Moon Funnies" there.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
damn!!!! people they are blown up footprints,,,,,duh

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Another Cracker thread
These ones caught me eye on the first image I selected, Kind of square structure with some sort of complex on it maybe not. I’ll keep looking.
Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Something strikes me as peculier about this
sorry if these have been posted before

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
mmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey I dunno just tell me when to stop

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
mmmmmm..weird

[edit on 23-9-2008 by kirky]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by kirky]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kirky

Stop.

Not to make it a one line post, I will add that if you are going to post any images at least say what you see, just posting the images is not enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

This page explains the process.

The photos were not taken in successive passes, they were taken in at a specific moment, the on board processing and the processing done on Earth were the responsible for the stripes.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Interesting pics Kricky! Here's another one from the image you posted...

ser.sese.asu.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join