It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NickyThomas

here is the real "Man on the moon" can make out a head, body, leg and a hand.

hey nice picture ! dont know how you got it to look like that but...

i dont see the man in the moon though ...maybe i have to stare at it for at least twenty minutes ?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Lets try this again.. I did not get a response to my last post. So here is the image agan for review.

upper left corner, second tile down from the top

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by latinlover

two problems.

First, you can't link to something in your "My Documents". You have to up load to Photobucket or some such service. Then you can link to it.

second, you cannot show a "Tif" file using image tags. That, again, has to be linked to.

Keep them in tif, but make a jpeg, sized down copy to post here.
along the lines of 300 pixels wide or so is great.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Is this it?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
here is something else from this same image, latin:

In the center is a rectangle. In the center, and the very top is something glowing with a shadow underneat it (saw it after i cropped the image, or i would have gotten more of it for display).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I can't upload images yet. Your close but no cigar. Upper left hand corner, second tile down from the top.

ser.sese.asu.edu...[/url]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here is a much, much larger rectilinear formation, from the same image:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Go to photobucket.com create an account. crop down what you see. even a screen shot cropped down would be good (that is what i am doing right now, using MSPaint).

You can then just link to them from your photobucket account.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here are some interesting rille's. Once again, these look kind of like what you would see from a liquid run off:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks Mike great work! I've been looking these over and there is an image that I think alot of you have been looking at from group "V" that I would like some help with. I only have been able to use Windows fax/image viewer which is only good for zooming in and that is it. I want someone to look at the upper left hand corner of the image for me and enhance it and post it here please.

From what I can see by zooming way in I can see a tower at the base of the cliff and half way up you can see (clearly) a walkway around the perimeter. With some analysis I think we will see there is no way it is natural, no way. Nearby is a nook that looks to house some other non-natural looking structures.

Here is the link to lo5-125-h2a. You cannot see squat from my photo below, it is just to be used for reference of the area. Here is the area:

Here is another zoomed in version for reference but not nearly far enough to see what I am talking about:

Also if you invert the image colors you really can see some interesting
stuff and it gives you a different perspective. I think you'll like what you see if someone can help me out. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the info TEXAN. look at the object next to the ravine, very noticable.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
My gosh, is Nasa's world wind terrible or what? some data blocks are missing, it's no better than google moon....
It's basically the same old tricks in a new package... total waste of download time.

Yup both google moon and NASA whirlwind use the same 1994 Clementine Data set

Don't forget there are only three sets Lunar Orbiter, Clementine and Apollo... I don't know if Lunar Prospector took any... I don't recall seeing any

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
alright...so i need to put more than one image in a post. i didn't expect to see so many interesting things in the image that Latin brought to our attencion.

This image is simply a crop. Nothing done to it but to crop it. looks to me like a bad airbrush job near the center:

this one is interesting. First, on the left you can see the rille's referenced earlier. But near the center is a large, shiny object. If you look at the middle of the shadow, you can see that you can walk underneath it, like a bridge or something. It has a somewhat geometrical appearance:

more rilles:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

that is a good catch.
i am on my laptop, multitasking (i am laying in bed watching the Olympics) so don't have photoshop to use. perhaps tomorrow i can go back through and check out this image again. It is full of interesting sections.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stringfellow
Are there any amateur astronomers reading this thread that have looked at the moon and can discuss these moon pics? I would guess someone with a typical telescope could see a lot of definition on the moon. Not sure, just asking...

That's simply not possible, especially with amateur equipment ! Let me give you an example using the powerful Hubble Space Telescope (HST).

The Hubble's primary mirror is 2.4 m wide. Not as big as many ground-based telescopes, but being in space it doesn't have to contend with the atmosphere.

Hubble's WFPC2 is the telescope's main camera. The Wide Field and Planetary Camera 2 (WFPC2) is behind most of the famous Hubble pictures. It doesn't use film to record its images. Instead, it collects information from stars and galaxies to make photographs with the help of four pieces of high-tech circuitry called Charge-Coupled Devices (CCDs)

So all said and done, Hubble’s resolution is 0.06 arc-seconds. Looking at the Earth from a distance of 600 km, it can resolve objects as small as 30 cm. Looking at the Moon from 375,000 km, it can resolve objects as small as 360 m. (Oh darn! You can’t see those moon buggies and flags!!)

And looking at Mars, 75 million km distant at conjunction, objects as small as 36 km wide can be made out. So that’s not too good to see that face of Mars, what?

I hope I've answered your question!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
My gosh, is Nasa's world wind terrible or what? some data blocks are missing, it's no better than google moon....
It's basically the same old tricks in a new package... total waste of download time.

Yep! It's damned frustrating! Either it's due to missing data or they're trying to hide something! Notice that most of it is on the far side of the Moon!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Moserious

Did you mean this? I've zoomed, increased b/c and used the 'unsharp mask' filter.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by latinlover
Thanks for the info TEXAN. look at the object next to the ravine, very noticable.

Here it is , enhanced...

Also check out the top of the pic. Strange geometry, what? Good find!!

And BFT! You rock! Those were some amazing pics you posted!
Keep 'em comin'!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hello Mike.
I seen this threads a while ago and was meant to star and flag it then. But I clicked on the link and have been late for work every day since.
So star and flag now.

Can’t stop and chat, have NASA pic to look at. Hope to add to your grate thread soon. All the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join