It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have seen these type of spires in a section of Google for the New River Gorge of West Virginia. I was raised within 15 miles of the area and can't remember anything that would casue this to happen. Maybe someone in that area can invistigate and post the reason. There may be electric towers in that location.
The Buck

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

Thanks for all the info. One question, though--how come we can't get to the hi rez versions of the clementine photos?

Kidding, dude

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

it is funny that you jest.

While they are called "hi res", i am one of those that is less than fond of the inclusion of the IR band. the color blending is "off" on the Clementine set.

One of the things that drives my executives nuts is that i am a "raw data" kind of guy. I am fairly adept at data analysis, and prefer to work with data as close to the source as possible. In a call center, this means i like my reports directly from the ACD switch if at all possible. I will create my own reporting structure to parse the data.

This is kind of what i would rather see done with the image data. They are welcome to process it, but i would like the raw data in a format so that i could process it myself.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Makes sense. I'm assuming raw data is mostly likely never to be obtained?

And in all seriousness, bad music and all, it's pretty cool that you guys have invested this much time in your site. I may be a swanky skeptic, but I was just watching the moon rise here in Colorado and actually found myself wondering about all these things.

Damn you people.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guerande
Hello Mike S. How was that trip to France ?? Remember I invited you for some good meal here at home , but you hadn't time ... Hope all was all right !

Cheers

Heck, guerande, I was so screwed on time that I couldn't change my schedule! Just managed France, Monaco and Italy. Too much to see and do in such a short while, including para sailing over the Mediterranean and jet skiing from the French Riviera to Monaco and back. Thanks to the high waves, got a real pain in the ass after I got back!!

Anyway, I'll sure try to make it next time. And keep some chilled beer ready!!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Makes sense. I'm assuming raw data is mostly likely never to be obtained?

Sure it is...

Start here
ser.sese.asu.edu...

Pick Clementine
ser.sese.asu.edu...

Pick Clementine HIRES Camera Color Mosaics
3 orbits online right now 4 band ISIS gzipped

These are huge files in cube (.cub) format and require CUBIT(Sandi Labs non public) or ISIS (USGS) to run... so far we have not found someone with a PC that can process them

You will also need FITS software
FITS stands for `Flexible Image Transport System' and is the standard astronomical data format endorsed by both NASA and the IAU.

www.cv.nrao.edu...

Here is a good set of .tiffs...

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

See we take our data searches seriously
Good thing I have 5 terabytes to play with

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

and, so you see, that is the issue (as Zorgon pointed out).

They are not Windows friendly, and I am not Mac/Linux friendly. That is what i get for having silly notions like believing that since Windows is on 90% of the PC's in the US, that it wouldn't be used as the standard for US data. Or at the very least, be compatible.

I use Photoshop CS3. It will open just about anything. Why not .cub?

Pretty frustrating. Oh well...i am not so good an image analysis anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Is it just that the PC version is cumbersome, or that Windows actually stalls while trying?

I happen to be a software engineer, so if you need help, let me know.

And no, hell did not freeze over.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The amount of information you and the OP bring is exhausting, but great. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are actual part of 'disclosure'. And if you were, you'd tell us all right?

Awesome stuff

Z

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There is no PC software that i am aware of that will open the .cub file extension. ISIS and Cubit run on Linux/Mac.

I don't have time to try to make a Linux system stable, and don't care to learn Mac (my sons high school distributes macbooks, horrid little machines that they are).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit for drunkeness...still feel that way, but the post was too much.

Self censorship is a great thing...

[edit on 8/21/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Did you already check this out?

heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

It says it has a Windows version for the viewer and editor, but maybe you need more than that.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Sometimes I get carried away - like that martian butt behind the rock photo.

Martian butt???
Where. Where. Where?? Wow! This I must see! But stikkinikki, how do you know what a darn Martian butt looks like? Could be square or even rectangular!!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorwood
So mike were are the HD pics of the moon from Japan of these areas or any areas of weirdness.

HD pics from JAXA! KAGUYA (SELENE) World's First Image Taking of the Moon by HDTV!! Blah blah and more blah from them Japanese!! We've got just two and a half pics from there! They say it'll take another two years to publish all the pics. Plenty of time to tamper with them, what? So we'll be back to square 1 !!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tunedbeats
I've had a quick peek at all the diffrent pictures from the website in the OP, and it leaves me with one question:

From what angle are all these pictures taken? Because as I see it all the moon pictures are taken spot on from the top like a bird's eye view. If this is the case, how can a "tower" appear as if the picture is taken from an angle as in the example pictures of the oil tower?

EDIT: To clarify, going by the angle of the camera, shouldn't we only see this "tower" from the top? As that we would only see the top part of the tower, and not the base and such?

Tune, the details for each pic have been mentioned at the bottom of each image you open. For example, this image:

Image Name lo5-125-h2a
TIFF Image lo5-125-h2a.tif
PP Latitude -42.9
PP Longitude -11.7
Corrected Resolution (meters) 3.2
Altitude (km) 220.1
Incidence Angle 81
Emission Angle 6
Related Images n/a

All images have these details, so you can check out the angle of incidence. This pic (the 'tower' one) says: Incident angle: 81 deg. So the pic was not taken from the top at 90 deg, but at 81 deg. That's why one can make out that the tower has height.

So now that we know the altitude from where the pic was taken from (220.1 km) and the angle of incidence (81 deg), can we work out the height of the 'tower'? Yep! Anyone?

Cheers!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnowSometimes I wonder if you guys are actual part of 'disclosure'. And if you were, you'd tell us all right?

Have any questions for Ed Michell?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
@ MikeS : will do ! You know here in France are using freezers for beer , only , and not for Sasquatch

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was on page fifteen and finally decided to jump ahead to see how far I had to go. 24 pages. you guys suck. I can't read that much.
just kidding.
But I want to say that next time one of you guys start a thread with such good photos, how about reposting them every four or five pages so the more technically chalenged people, like me can refresh our memories.

Thanks.

I want to make a couple of points.

first- Without the skeptics or critics or whoever to deny the claims of the believers, the believers would not be able to defend their theories and the discussion would not be as good.

second- I think it is such bullcrap that we (or at least you more educated guys) have to piece this puzzle together with fuzzy, thirty year old photos and random websites. Kind of like those people that tried to tape the shredded paper in the Enron case.

so I sencerely thank you all for your time and hard work.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I saw most of the lunar pics and determined that they contain land features that give too much for the imagination to play tricks on you. You can't form any kind of absolute conclusion about artificial structures. I'm new at this posting on ATS, so please bear with me. Look at the pic that I found and tell me what you all think it is. It is located at the top left hand corner second tile from the top.

ser.sese.asu.edu...
l
Space Exploration Resources > Resources > Earth's Moon > Lunar Orbiter > lo5-200-h2b

lo5-200-h2b

Image Name lo5-200-h2b
TIFF Image lo5-200-h2b.tif
PP Latitude 24.1
PP Longitude -47.3
Corrected Resolution (meters) 1.9
Altitude (km) 132.3
Incidence Angle 74
Emission Angle 3
Related Images n/a

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
All the images look interesting except for the parallel lines. I can't help but think they're rover tracks but you never know....

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join