It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Medusa Particle Beam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Has anyone have anymore info on the Medusa Particle Beam weapon? I found the company www.optimatechnologygroup.com... who makes this weapon but now way to log into the page other than being a customer or a goverment contractor or official. I also found this like flash demo funny thing is that it was made in 2007 www.optimatechnologygroup.com...

Also they claim that a hummer diesel engine is enough to power this weapon.

Any other leads

news.thomasnet.com...'re%20on%20fire,%20PIC%20via%20GlobalSecurity.org%20and%20AP.g if

also found this dont know if its the same but resembles what the japanese tried to create a microwave gun back in WWII

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Kriskaos]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed.
I found a really good website about it a little while back that has everything you would want to know.
Forgot it though, sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I remember one of my friends that did 2 tours in Iraq and worked for blackwater saying that about a year ago there was a rumour going around about a microwave tank or something. I did remember something on some website.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kriskaos

Very Very interesting on so many levels, I am just finishing a post in another thread about such things.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
yea just google '"medusa particle beam"

first result is pretty good.

blog.wired.com...

many results.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is where i found the info on the Medusa but that is about all that I found and another article that humvee's were to be equiped with the Medusa by 2006 nothing more than those two, I would like to find something more concrete.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
i like the flash images but what this thing realy like, so many times ive heard ppl talk about ray guns and they never turn out to be any good just good in theory

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Navy Search Database gave this report:

"The main goal of the Phase I project wad to design and build a breadboard prototype of a temporary personnel incapacitation system called MEDUSA (Mob Excess Deterrent Using Silent Audio). This non-lethal weapon is based on the well established microwave auditory effect (MAE). MAE results in a strong sound sensation in the human head when it is irradiated with specifically selected microwave pulses of low energy. Through the combination of pulse parameters and pulse power, it is possible to raise the auditory sensation to the “discomfort” level, deterring personnel from entering a protected perimeter or, if necessary, temporarily incapacitating particular individuals."

www.navysbirprogram.com

It seems that unless you are in the beam, you will not hear the "microwave scream" because it is "in your skull".

www.wired.com

Lev Sadovnik at Sierra Nevada, Inc. seems to be the one working on MEDUSA. I'm not sure what Optima Tech has to do with it.

"There is no way the ray gun could deliver sound loud enough to be annoying at nonfatal power levels", says Kenneth Foster, a bioengineering professor at the University of Pennsylvania who first published research on the microwave auditory effect in 1974. ”Any kind of exposure you could give to someone that wouldn’t burn them to a crisp would produce a sound too weak to have any effect,”
Foster says.

spectrum.ieee.org

Sounds fishy..

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/1/2010 by ArMaP]

top topics

join