It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev: Russia will crush anyone threatening its citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Medvedev: Russia will crush anyone threatening its citizens

www.unian.net

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has promised what he called a shattering blow to anyone threatening Russian citizens, according to Voice of America.

The president spoke Monday in Kursk, as a top Russian military spokesman, General Anatoly Nogovitsyn, said his country`s troops had begun withdrawing from Georgia.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ok russia bullyboy!

www.unian.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
“Up to fifty atomic bombs should be dropped on Chinese cities,” Douglas MacArthur

When he starts saying he will nuke DC if pushed too far, then I would worry...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I just read that not long ago. What is very worrying is that the aforementioned article also ties in with the following one -

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Russia 'distributing passports in the Crimea'

Ukraine is investigating claims that Russia has been distributing passports in the port of Sevastopol, raising fears that the Kremlin could be stoking separatist sentiment in the Crimea as a prelude to possible military intervention.

The allegation has prompted accusations that Russia is using the same tactics employed in the Georgian breakaway regions of Abhkazia and South Ossetia in order to create a pretext for a war.

Russia handed out passports to the residents of the two provinces, which have long looked to Moscow for support, five years ago. The Kremlin has justified its invasion of Georgia in terms of defending its citizens in Abkhazia and South Ossetia from Georgian "aggression".

Tensions between Moscow and Kiev have grown in recent days after Viktor Yushchenko, Ukraine's pro-western president, imposed restrictions on Russian ships entering the Black Sea Fleet's base in Sevastopol.

Ukraine further infuriated the Kremlin last week by offering Europe and the United States access to its missile warning systems.

this does look worrisome, and the Georgian operation may have been the starting point of a new change in foreign policy by Russia.

Who is spearheading this? Putin from behind the scenes or is it Medvedev?

If it is Putin, then why has he waited till he was out of power (publicly) to start this new change in policy?

Ukraine is no Georgia, they have a significant army and weapons and will put up much more of a fight than Georgia ever will.

I think Russia may try and stir anti western sentiment in Eastern Ukraine which has a high number of Russian supporters compared to Western Ukraine, possibly fueling civil conflict of some sort as a pretext to possibly anexxing Crimea for itself and retaking the Black Sea port of Sevastopol.

Getting unglier by the day.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They are stepping up now, because they know if obama gets into power, russia will have problems.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think the writing is on the wall with this.

Its all strategic, and a pre-emption of any moves against Iran and further Nato expansion.

Russia could probably get away with the Crimea and another province before they are forced to stop through world opinion.

However by the time this has happened he has regained territory, and the USA would have no political or moral authority to force regime change in Iran, if they have spent 3 or 4 months isolating Russia and using harsh language for their actions.

What really concerns me know is that the chance of a False Flag operation on a grand scale is now much more likely, to regain or create that political support for any further action in the middle east, since Russia move.

I truly think the Whitehouse has been caught on the back foot here, God they are imcompetant when they are driving forward their agenda, never mind reactively.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
MischeviousElf This is exactly what i was thinking earlier..

What exactly is the best way to conserve the worlds resources? Population control.. Less people means less resources being used.

I wonder..

Could it be we are seeing the opening moves of a major false flag operation that includes not only the US government but also China?

For instance.. At the moment i don't think it would take much to set off ww3. All it would take would be a nuclear device detonated on US soil or even Russian soil to garentee that outcome.

I think it is highly likely that sometime soon a small nuclear bomb will be detonated in the US. Where .. I don't know. The most likely place would be somewhere on the east coast. (So that fallout would go out onto the ocean)

If it was a true terrorist attack it would most likely be ether DC or on the West coast so that the winds would take the fallout as far inland as possible.

This Georgia situation is a perfect situation for a false flag operation.. Hell its a perfect situation for a legit terrorist trike. Ether side gets hit with a nuke and its basically game over for everyone.

sty

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
the economical pottential of Russia is really small , even on comparation with Germany for example. I do not see how Russia would fight EU+US+Eastern Europe as the GDP of those countries would be 20x times larger than the one of Russia. I guess the only asset Russia has (the ONLY !) are the nukes. Without nukes Russia is nothing...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Don't forget their hands on the gas taps to a lot of Europe. That's a BIG bargaining chip which has been used already.
So, with or without nukes, Russia has a very big economic stick to wave about.
Military might does not always provide the most effective bargaining power.

sty

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

yes, you are right about the energy bit, they can manipulate EU quite a bit with this. Europe would have to be energy-independent first - but this is hard as the main national energy companies across EU are absorbed by the Russians or at least depend on Russians.. another wake up call for renewable or alternative energies

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
While America was making DU ammo for conventional weaponry, Russia was playing around with Tesla, Scalar, EMF technologies. The good news is America brought the nazis over so they have similar projects.

Personally I believe Russias story and from what I have heard they were in the right to attack after the 2 break away territories were murdered and came under a barrage of rocket attacks from georgian forces. I'm really surprised Russia did not thoroughly anhilate Georgia for the unprovoked attack. I know I would have.

I know I know....Alex Jones is a sensationalist, part of the jesuits, secret agent of the NWO and full of it eventhough he is 95% correct most of the time.
Russian General Says Georgia May Commit False Flag Terror Attacks
Joe Biden Promises Georgia a Billion Dollars

Saakashvili Defends the “New World Order” On Glenn Beck

More Evidence of U.S. Complicity in S. Ossetia Invasion

Did U.S., Israel Provocateur S. Ossetia Conflict? Does the Sun Come Up in the Morning?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

Nice links, they were well needed.

You Americans don't know how lucky you are to have Alex Jones.

He lends a strong voice to your Constitution and speaks truth to power.

He is the constant target of US government psy-ops and disinfo campaigns yet he will not back down.

Alex Jones; A True American Hero....

Regardless of what the disinfo agents will say, and they will say all sorts of nonsense - they often start threads and repetitive posts which often abnormally persist

as a means to prevent new people from tuning in to Alex Jones. Such tactics cause a psychological association between Mr. Jones and the disinfo messages (ie. Alex Jones CIA Connection) they wish to implant into your psyche.

This will cause you to be dismissive of the things Alex Jones says - even though he backs up everything with documentation and tells you where to find the files/documents for yourselves. Even though he only reports on things that are made public or declassified, the Mene (disinfo) will be stuck in the back of your mind and that particular truth will not have as much weight as it should have.

Your primitive subconscious will suspect that Alex may be lying, now that it has been implanted with disinfo - this is especially true for those who are just finding out about Alex Jones and can even cause them to turn away from him entirely.

This is why subliminal and disinfo tactics are considered illegal and unconstitutional... People have a right to live without having their minds molested with Government lies and psy-op tactics.

Those participating in the suppression of the constitution ( by disseminating disinfo) are just creating more evidence to be used against them when the War Crimes Trials are held...

I wish we had an Alex Jones in Canada.

new topics

top topics

join