It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

snowing in denver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.wunderground.com...

The CDOT camera on I-70 at the Eisenhower Tunnel showed it snowed Saturday morning, and it looked like about 2" had fallen. By mid-afternoon, the snow had melted, but the higher elevations above 11,000 feet in our northern mountains have had their first snow of the season. On Sunday morning, once the clouds cleared out, it appeared that the high peaks along the Front Range had picked up a good amount of snow, perhaps up to 6" above 12,000 feet.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteblack

WInter is on its way, 2 weeks ago I commented to my buddy, while iding our motorcycles in the mountains, that winter was going to be early.
When summer starts we have 2-1/2 to 3 months of absolutely cloudless sky, then around the end of july the first of august, we get the couple of weeks of monsoonish weather, maybe a thunderstorm down here in the valley but thunder storms in the mountains.

Then along about the middle of sept we start to see these high wispy clouds that come in in waves from the west. This is the sign of the changing seasons. The first snow is right around the corner.

These high wispy clouds started to show up about two weeks ago, and now in the mornings it is noticably cooler, more like late sept than mid august.

My japanese maples have always started to drop thier leaves about 6 wweks before the first frost, usually 1st week in sept. They started dropping thier leaves almost 2 weeks ago.

So are your snows 4-6 weeks early?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Eisenhower Tunnel is quite a jog from DENVER.

Your title is misleading.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When I visited "mickey" over there in florida about 20 years ago, it snowed.

First time in decades apparently.

Fantastic! No queues anywhere. Disney and Epcot were literally deserted. (Says a lot!).

Brrrrrrr.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Actually, this is not unusual for that area of Colorado. There are some places in the higher elevations where the snow never melts completely.

new topics

top topics

join