It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light in sky for 3 seconds then it "turned off" per say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just a few minutes ago I noticed a very bright light in the sky. It was brighter then any star and the weirdest thing happened.

The light shone very bright for about three seconds then all of a sudden it just went dim. Like it turned off.

It wasn't there before. It appeared out of nowhere for 3 seconds. Then vanished just as quickly.

I have never seen anything like it before. I only wish I had my webcam to record it or take a picture but it was very unexpected and like I said it only lasted for about three seconds.

Could be them testing project dark knight?

Seems to be that this could be a plausible explanation as there has also been a rash of UFO sightings in the UK.

Has anyone else ever had any similar experiences?

[edit on 8-19-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It sounds exactly like the flare of an Iridium satellite. Nothing unearthly or insidious about it.

Go to this site: www.heavens-above.com..., enter your location, and you'll get predictions for Iridium flares and a lot of other satellites.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have seen this many many times. It was satellite. longest one i saw was probably 10 seconds. It was bright! and then it turned off.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Nice I'll check out that site.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

It kinda tripped me out a bit when I saw it lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Strange you start this topic!!! One of my two only experiences was very similar to this. I was younger, maybe around 12. I was watching through the crack in my curtains the huge tree in my back garden sway side to side slowly sending me off. Above, i saw a strange series of lights, i hid, i admit it i did! I had another look and they were quite expansive but very dim, they looked like the audi sign but only two interlocking rings. The rings were in turn made out of interlocking rings. They swirled and interlocked in the sky, they were blue in colour almost, this happened for several days and i was told it was the university projecting images into the night sky ( if anyone has any info on this it would be fantastic NW ENGLAND)

It was due to this that i noticed something which will remain etched into my memory forever. The shapes showed again one night so i assumed the position and began to watch, this time with a friend. Time passed as i sat there when i noticed a "light bulb" switch on in the sky. I called it this as it was literally like someone switched on the light. A reasonable sized light just sat there in the sky. By this time the shapes had began to fade as they always did, the bright light remained still for 30 mins at least. A helicopter came from the left hand side, its monotonous drone unmistakable. As it appeared to close nearer to the light it suddenly went out.

THis is the part that intrigued me and still does. As the light went out it did so leaving a faint glow etched into the night sky, it looked as if you could see the filament glowing. The helicopter seemed to stop at this point and just hover for at least ten minutes. At this point i was tired and gettin annoyed with the noise when i heard a "pop" different to that of the helicopter engine. I looked again to see the light in roughly the same position with the helicopter close to it, or what appeared close could in fact have been a long way away. IT was the next event which utterly shocked me. The light suddenly shot across to the right at an uncomprehendable speed. To put it in perspective, as the helicopter was turning towards the light it had accelerated out of sight before the helicopter could compete a 180degree turn.

I would love to hear any more info about related experiences

Wincl-l

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

I just started a thread today about unusual flashes of lights in the sky. They aren't flares or satellites.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OMG I am seeing this every night! AND it seems this thing knows i am watching it! It will blink really bright and shuts off..... and it also glides all around and in and out when it gets cloudy it will blink out to a clear spot get bright and shut off again... I am about to go out and see if it is there now...

up::
edit on 30-11-2011 by catinthehouseusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've seen airliners flick on their landing lights for only a few seconds as part of their pre-landing in-flight check list rundown. Goes from not seeing anything in the sky to a distant supernova, then off.

new topics

top topics

join